Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore

zerocarb
fasting
extendedfast

(Chris) #221

155 this morning. Got up and after it at 5am today and a head start on my work. Now I’m trying hard not to procrastinate. Thinking of steaks.

(KetoCowboy) #222

That rant deserved more attention – if only for not pussyfooting around.

(Chris) #223

Cheers! While I do stand behind my rant it’s too difficult to convince anyone of anything in my experience, so usually I just spit it at face value and let my body do the talking. :smiley:

(KetoCowboy) #224

Good attitude.

Very interested in your continued updates, so please keep us posted.

(Chris) #225

Thank you, I will absolutely keep updated!

(Chris) #226

152 this morning. Milestone reached though: I woke up at 4:25am, 5 minutes before my first alarm. I’m pretty impressed. Now if only I can stay awake long enough tonight to make it through one episode of stranger things…

I’m in a good spot today. But there’s one thing weighing on my mind heavily- IRON. I haven’t stepped foot in a gym in 3 years- and right now my time is so, soooo limited. If I was to make the most of any membership (aside from planet fatness, gyms don’t serve pizza, sorry assholes), I would need to ensure that I can get in there at least 3 days a week on my working travel days. At home, they’re so far away and spread out, and expensive to boot that it wouldn’t make sense. But near work…maybe.

I think the most important thing is to keep up with this new sleep schedule I’ve adopted since fasting, and make sure that I’m able to be up at 4:30 every day at the very least, so I can get in, work hard, and get the hell out before it gets too crowded. Oh how I wish I had a garage to lift in.

(Doug) #227

Wait - what? Gyms serving pizza?

(Chris) #228

http://www.planetfitness.com/news/defense-post-workout-pizza-and-bagels

Pizza night once a week, bagels, you name it!

(Doug) #229

:thinking: Well heck, I’ll just skip working out and go for the food.

(Chris) #230

I believe that is the business model!

(Chris) #231

153 this morning. Only got about 5 hours of sleep so I’m a little behind the 8 ball. Getting work done and doing sets of pullups, pushups and band pull aparts. Not tracking them just going.

(Chris) #232

157 today. 5.1 lbs of lean beef and a quart of heavy cream yesterday. I have a halloween event at the school today then I’m going shopping for more groceries.

(Chris) #233

Cleared for takeoff…

(Chris) #234

159 this morning. Feeling good. At over 5 pounds of beef the last two days. Haven’t had any eggs this week at all. 3 qts of heavy cream over 3 days (need to quit you, cream).

(Chris) #235

157.5 today, prepping for an annoyed day at work covering for another worker. Grouchy before I even start!

(Chris) #236

154.5 today. Still having an internal debate about gym membership. It’s so tough to consider with my schedule. I think if I developed a program that had me lifting heavy barbells Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, then at home Friday-Monday I could do bodyweight and kettlebell / dumbbell work then I might be alright. Didn’t wake up until 5:30 today, so not too happy about that. Need to get up earlier and get after it sooner.

(Chris) #237

154 today. Woke up at 5am. I was in bed by 10:40- so I still need to push that down to 10pm on these mid-week days if I’m going to make it in a gym. I’d like to start next week. Wasn’t feeling the best this morning but whatever. Minor headache. It’s day 3 of my fast, and I’m in town for work an extra day (Friday) so I’ll be fasting that day too.

(Chris) #238

DIABETES IS FUCKING SEXIST I QUIT.

Weight is off because I was wearing my big ass North Face and the rest of my clothes.

(Chris) #239

RANT ON

Stop demanding studies to back everything up. Most of them (though the scientists are probably good, nice people) are shit. We’re in a weird place in the world right now, many of the issues we have with obesity and metabolic disease in general could be totally linked back to shit studies, funded by someone with something to sell.

You can post a study saying meat causes cancer. I’ll wait. Then I’ll read your study and point out they ate the bun and fries and soda along with the innocent burger.

Love science, but fuck studies right now. Be your own study.

RANT OFF

(Charndra Pile) #240

Got the fastrac. Apart from a propensity to reset when I was inputting data from last week, I think it will be fun to use. I like the percentage of my fast plan being shown, I think that will be exciting.