Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore

zerocarb
fasting
extendedfast

(Doug) #201

She’s a beast, plain and simple. Fasting here, and it was like, “Hey Molly, throw me one of those hunks of meat…”

I’ve driven by that ‘Big Texan’ place but never stopped in - would like to eat that steak some day.

Speaking of eating contests - this year’s Nathan’s hotdog eating contest was won by Joey Chestnut, his tenth victory there. He ate 72 hotdogs and buns. Man, think of all that bread… The buns are listed as having 24 grams of carbohydrates, so his meal totaled out to 1728 grams or 1.73 kilograms/3.8 lbs. of carbohydrates. Good grief!

(Chris) #202

That’s insane. Last time I saw something on the Nathan’s comp was a Japanese kid taking all the glory, I guess his time is over!

(Chris) #203

151 today, woke up pretty dehydrated and realized I hadn’t drunk anything since like 4:30. Not feeling bad though so continue I do. Today is day 3.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #204

You always look good, buddy! Stop trashing yourself and keep on looking fine. :bacon:

(Doug) #205

Indeed, the formidable (and once unbeatable) Takeru Kobayashi.

Kobayashi

(Chris) #206

(Chris) #207

5am get after it

(Chris) #208

Day 4 of 5 feeling good this morning. I did go for the half cup of coffee. I’m going to shoot for 100 pushups before we open. It’s 7:30am, coworkers start arriving at 8:30. Can we do it? We’ll see!

edit 7:29 am: First set, 36, get some

edit 7:32 am: Second set, 16, total 52 halfway there

edit 7:36 am: Third set, 14, total 66 going strong

edit 7:43 am: Fourth set, 16, total 82 OMG ALMOST THERE IT HURTS

edit 7:51 am: Final set, 18, total 100

I had to take a 5 second break after 99, as that was failure. But 5 seconds was enough to get one more rep so I consider it one set. Your turn.

*drops mic

(Chris) #209

(Chris) #210

152.8 today. Broke fast last night on 3 pickled eggs made by my sister, they were amazing. Then I had some leftover scrambled eggs no one ate from Monday, and a leftover strip steak.

Today I have completed 100 pullups and am about to cook a london broil (2lbs) and eat it after my noon conference call. Thinking 100 pushups will be in the books and maybe more pullups though I won’t track em too hard.

(Jim Russell) #211

Damn, dude. You’re starting to get ripped.

(Chris) #212

Thanks!

Also, 100 pushups done as well as pullups. I realize 5 sets of 20 doesn’t sound like a lot but it is for me.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #213

I’ve never been able to do more than ten pushups at any one time in my life. My upper body strength has been nil for the last 55 years. Now squats, on the other hand . . . .

(Chris) #214

Done in multiple sets! In fact with the pushups I just did 5 sets of 20 today, I was dying by the end.

I love squats, kinda eager to get back into the gym but with my travel schedule it’s a bit tough. Personal bests powerlifting were 385 squat, 225 bench, 405 deadlift.

(Chris) #215

(Chris) #216

155 this morning, feeling good. On 30/100 pullups. Grocery shopping to do today.

(Chris) #217

200 pullups completed today…

(Chris) #218

And 100 more pushups.

(Chris) #219

157 this morning and feeling good. Working on set 3 of kettlebell squat / presses (20 squats and 10 presses per arm). Whacked the shit out of myself with all the chinups, so I may do 100 more after my first steak (coming soon).

(Chris) #220

157 again. Impressed with new veins showing up in my outer forearms, shoulders, and around the adonis belt area. Day 1 of a fast. Ate 4 pound of steaks yesterday and never filled up.