Don's Updates

fasting

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #121

Thanks for the support, all! I really do appreciate it.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #122

The trend is your friend, isn’t that the quote :blush:One pound is such a small percentage for you. No, sweat that one pound won’t look like anything in a month after you have lost another 20.

You have done amazingly well, so a hundred steps forward one step back.

(Running from stupidity) #123

That is correct :slight_smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #124

After last week’s inexplicable (to me) gain of a pound, I ended up having a week of experimentally “cheating”.

I miss fruit. So on a 20:4 IF day, after I had measured several low BG readings in a row leading up to my eating window, I ate a keto-friendly meal but added 6-8 dried apricots. I expected to see a higher-than-typical jump in subsequent tests, but did not. I talked myself into thinking that I can occasionally add them to a meal without awful repercussions. That would be nice if true, as eating them makes me happy and make me more “regular”. I’ll test them again later.

Otherwise my week of eating just felt “off”. I ate keto friendly, but was snacking too much again. I also was hungry all week: Sometimes omad at 6pm is too early and too much, while at others I am eating by 11 am and again by 6pm.

Weigh-in was fine. Down abt 1.5 lbs so I’m around where I was before last week’s rise.

Back to it. :grin:

(Jane) #125

I assume the fruits you miss are the stone fruits and higher carb ones. You can have berries on keto.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #126

Yup. I miss the likes of asian pears, peaches and mangoes. Never been a berry person… I like them but I haven’t contemplated murdering for them. :smiling_imp:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #127

Thanksgiving Day Approacheth

As primary cook/chef for my house, I have the task of preparing dinner for 14 this Thursday. In an attempt to satisfy both my dietary peculiarities and everyone else’s desire to eat themselves into a coma, I’m putting together a large menu:

28# Turkey*
Traditional stuffing
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Rutabaga Mash
Green Bean Casserole*
Brussels Sprouts w/ Pork Belly*
Creamed Onions
Cranberry Sauce
Yams & Apple Bake
Quiche*
Pumpkin & Apple Pie

*Those items with an asterisk are foods I’ll be allowed to eat.

Not too worried about missing much – I can eat only so much food. I’ll be too full to mourn other dishes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #128

Why omit the creamed onions, those can easily work, made with cream and not milk and flour mixture? Just curious.

Sounds like a lovely meal, enjoy the holiday.

(Running from stupidity) #129

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal: for having an ‘s’ on both words :slight_smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #130

I will make them with hwc and likely will have a couple. I love them and know the benefits of onions, but try to keep them to smaller amounts. Damn carbs add up fast.

Trial & error. :joy:
Plus I knew you’d be watching! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #131

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #132

You deserve extra likes. I’ll start a movement to make it happen.

(Running from stupidity) #133

The software obviously thinks I like too many things. Because, you know, it’s my personality shining through.

:wink:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #134

Maybe it’s adaptive software and it just thinks you’re being sarcastic? Lol!

(Running from stupidity) #135

So you’re saying the AI is faulty?

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #136

Weekly check-in:

Survived Thanksgiving. I cooked for everyone, which made it easier to not eat unacceptable foods, as I’m more tempted by others’ cooking than my own.

There has been a cheesecake (not keto) and a pecan pie (also not a keto version) sitting here all weekend. I love both but have avoided them.

The biggest temptation was Bubble & Squeak-- a hash of T-day leftovers fried up in bacon drippings. I had a taste or three.

Wasn’t expecting much at my weigh-in, but did it anyway. Came in down 2.2 lbs for the week. It’s been a slow month, but I don’t own that… I’m doing my part.

SW: 495 lbs on 6/1
CW: 385.5 lbs today
Weekly Delta: -2.2 lbs
Total Loss: 109.5 lbs

Next week marks 6 months of this lifestyle change.

My birthday, Christmas, and New Years Eve all loom on the horizon. I’m thinking losing much before early January might be overly optimistic.

We shall see.

Nice progress, and great job on getting close to six months with this WOE!

Good job, Don!

But you’ve got good reason to be. What other diets have given you this much hope?

(Running from stupidity) #139

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Yes I’m out of likes again. stupid software

(Jane) #140

You can run this gauntlet!!! I did last year and I was a NOOB at this.

Christmas 12/25, wedding anniversary 12/30, bday 1/4. All within 10 days after I started keto last year. I just ducked my head and pleaded my case that my health was more important.

Worked!!!

:star_struck: