Don's Updates

fasting

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #201

ewweewww

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #202

So glad to have you back. You were sorely missed.

You always brought a smile to my face, Don, but this is truly great news to wake up to.

Thanks for coming back. You made my day! :+1:

Welcome back Don! And nope, you never really left, just stepped away for a moment. :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #205

Welcome back @GodwinGoGo

(Jane) #206

Welcome back! :sunglasses:

Yay!!! welcome back, Don!

(John) #208

That has always been my downfall with past (successful) weight loss efforts. I get to the point where I am in a more normal size range, so the extreme pressure is gone, and I relax.

I tell myself “I’ve got this, I know how to do it now” and I ease up, go back to a “more controlled” version of bad eating, and eventually it results in a long backslide.

But the sooner you arrest the slide and get back to what was working, the better. No need for regrets, Don. Getting back in the saddle after just a month is excellent! So much better than if it had gone on 6 months or a year and you lost half or all of your progress!

Good to have you back!

(Wendy) #209

Great to see you back!

(KCKO, KCFO) #210

So very happy to see your update Don. As for getting back on track, you know the drill.

:egg::bacon::cut_of_meat::poultry_leg::avocado::leafy_green::cucumber:

Eat those for a few days, and that whale will go back out to sea where it belongs.

(Ashley) #211

I did the same thing December and january. Surprisingly I only gained 2 pounds. I’ve cheated on and off since starting but that was the worst. I found out I have severe stomach issues with digestion and I’ve just decided enough is enough. I’m being way stricter this time round, and not looking back, I still stayed on the forums, I still did a lot of Keto days but also a lot of non Keto days! Back at it for the both of us don! You coming back and admitting it to yourself have me the confidence to admit to you I haven’t been fair on me either! We got this buddy!

(Laurie) #212

Thank you, Don, for the cautionary tale! I needed to read that.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #213

Well, 40 hours after I last posted and so far so good.

I’ve eaten well.
Cravings, although constantly there telling me it’d be ok to snack or sneak a sweet, are a wee bit easier to recognize for what they are – whispers of the devil. Lately, they tell me to have some peanut butter…or a char siu bao (steamed bbq pork bun).
I’m feeling good about my transparency. In addition to fessing up to you all, I sent a midnight text to my wife telling her my thoughts. That text ended with:
“…and I don’t want to fail at this.”

It’s hard not glossing over things and behaving as though everything’s fine. It’s how I cope. But it’s not fine. I’ve spent decades doing that and all that resulted is nearly eating myself to death.

Monday I’ll weigh in for the first time in 2 months. Whatever the scale says, I own. Tuesday will be handled the same way regardless of that number.

If you’ll excuse me, I have carb-free dinner to prepare…and a dozen eggs to boil.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #214

Welcome back!

Way to go, Don! :+1: … We seem to boil eggs every few days, and always like to have Deviled Eggs on hand. :slight_smile: … Tip for ya, if you do like Deviled Eggs… A week ago or so, I was making a batch and had the idea of using Taco Seasoning instead of Paprika! Boy do I love it! Gives it a really nice flavor! :smiley:

This is what I keep on hand to use in meats, meals… and now Deviled Eggs. :slight_smile: Not real carby, especially the sprinkles on the eggs.

(Ashley) #216

My only issue with that is maltodextrin! I been looking for taco seasoning and a lot have it, i think it’s like 80% what sugar does to your body. Doesn’t affect everyone but it affects me losing weight.

Yeah, I know, it’s the one thing I don’t like about it, but looking for something better. But I don’t use very much as it is. … But if you find something, please let me know. Thanks. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #218

And Vice versa! I’ve been searching, you can do your own seasoning I’ve seen things online but the upfront cost keeps me from doing it!

Will do. :+1:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #220

I’d give it a go, if just a dash or sprinkle!
Currently, my devilled eggs use curry powder, salt and white pepper. I’m ready for a new flavor.