Don's Updates

fasting

Welcome back, Don. Sincerely. I’m glad you’re here and can’t wait to see what comes next.

You’re not – you haven’t failed, you aren’t failing, and you aren’t going to fail. Why? Because you’re here. Whatever happened over the holidays and after, you just took a break. But you’re here now and you’ll find a way to get back into the swing. You did before and I know you will again.

(Bob M) #222

Our local store makes their own taco seasoning mix, no fillers (no oils, no sugars, no nothing). Hopefully you can find something similar where you are.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #223

Thanks Gaff! Words like yours and several others have truly been greatly helpful in getting back my mojo.
2 days ago, I really wasn’t feeling “it” but just pointed my compass North and started taking steps.
Yesterday was better, but still full of doubts.
Today, I’m beginning to feel “it” again. The feeling of not being led by this lifestyle, but of grabbing keto by the tether and making it happen.

Lets hope that trend continues.

Today, I’m having my tea (gave up coffee) and just IP’d a dozen eggs. I have 4 beef knuckles roasting on their way to the stockpot, and I’m about to cook 3# of bacon for crumbling in later dishes.

I can feel it.

(Laurie) #224

Thanks, Don. One of these days I’ll get an Instant Pot. I’m waiting for one or both of my slow cookers to die.

Easy, low-outlay taco seasoning: 3 parts “chili powder” (the kind that contains several spices, not just chilis) + 1 part cumin. You can also add 1 part garlic powder if you have it, and salt.

Or experiment with cumin + small amount of cayenne pepper.

These suggestions might not make the best tacos, but will be fine for sprinkling on deviled eggs. Whatever spices you use to make tacos, you can use tomato paste as a thickener.

(John) #225

Been a few days - how are things going, Don?

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #226

I realize I m late to the party but the secret ingredient to make taco seasoning taste like store bought is smoked paprika in addition to the rest of the spices

Don great to have you back you were missed.

Remember the first two weeks are the hardest. During those first two weeeks worry less about snacking and more about carbs.

(Doug) #227

:sunglasses: That’s a great spice.

SmokedPaprika

18 ounce or 510 gram container = a lot of improved deviled eggs, as well.

(KCKO, KCFO) #228

Even having scrambled eggs, smoked paprika gives a great lift in flavor, pair it with ground cumin and you are good to go.

(Running from stupidity) #230

How’s it going, sunshine[1]?

[1] Meant in a friendly Australian manner, not the apparently awful internet forum manner.)