Does Steak and Red Meat Just sit There in your Colon for 3-4 Days?

(Bunny) #61

You tell us?

(bulkbiker) #62

There isn’t…

(Bunny) #63

Amazing! I didn’t know that!

Thanks for the info?

(bulkbiker) #64

Obviously you didn’t hence your previous statement…

you’re welcome anyway…

(Bunny) #65

It was honor to have you respond Lord Mark!

(bulkbiker) #66

I have to get my hands dirty sometimes… x

(hottie turned hag) #67

:smile: :rofl: :astonished:

I think I love you
:heart_eyes:

(Susan) #68

All the NSV’s from Keto…LOL… @barefootbob made a similar post one day about the NSV’s he has had since going Carnivore, but I cannot find it when I was looking.

Third entry down, I think. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #70

Hehe, I was referring to the one you edited and put TMI -I wonder how many read it before, hehe (look @BlueViolet 's post above).

Dang I should’ve left mine. :smile:

(Susan) #72

Hehe, well it reminded me of the posts above =). All of the NSV’s of Keto and of Carnivore as well. Both are low or zero carb lifestyles at any rate =).

Keep in mind that yes, for some people in their first few months of keto, it does just sit there - and they need additional help via magnesium supplementation and digestive enzymes (Ginger capsules are a pro-enzyme digestive support, and cheap) and/or avocado/greens fiber to multiply their good bacteria and help peristalsis and transit time be on a speedy natural schedule.

Also, lots of western industrial people drink water or fizzy drinks with meals, which dilutes enzymes and fosters constipation. Not drinking such beverages with or close to meals can change that around. However, imbibing grape wine boosts gastrin production and enhances digestion of certain cuisine (as the French, Italians, and southern mediterraneans know well).

In the U.S. (and prob likewise in Canada, the UK, and Australia, all eating the industrial SAD), the average frequency of bowel movements in adults is once every 3-4 days. Causes include rampant over-medication with constipating side effects (with many institutionalized people with terrible food options or who are fed by IV), along with ultra-processed foods and their non-food plasticenes and other inflammatory additives or oils. Along with tons of people chugging sodas with meals. Laxatives are a big business. :unamused:

However, once the gut bacteria have adapted well to LCHF/keto and one is properly hydrating and salting - elimination should be hale & hearty. In eastern medicine, a transit time longer than 24 hours is considered disease-inducing over time, as a strong digestion/enzymatic power is the gateway of health. :sparkles: