Does a tbsp of butter in coffee break a fast and/or autophagy

(Aimee Moisa) #42

Darn it, my hubby used to work in a lab.

(grace elizabeth) #43

Huh??? :thinking:

(Doug) #44

Some good information in a related thread: Rosedale and mtor - how do we decrease it?

(Linda Goen) #45

Justin.Traer ā€” I listened to the interview, amazing information. Some too nitty gritty for my understanding, but this is an exciting time to be alive. Also, I now have the answer to my question, ā€How long of an extended fast is recommended for morbid obesity?ā€ Thanks!!

(Joanna Parszyk ) #46

Iā€™d agree with this opinion!

(Ning ) #47

Interesting video on the effects of cream, MCT oil, and butter in coffee, as to whether or not it will break a fast.
Becky was not initially following a ketogenic diet, but Keith was, and had been for at least 7 months.
Keithā€™s results appeared to have been disappointing because he was looking for those magic numbers.
Beckyā€™s numbers were very impressive.

My question (and theory) is, can Keithā€™s blood glucose and ketone numbers have been registering so low because he is more more fat adapted. If his body is utilizing ketones successfully, the ā€œspillageā€ into his bloodstream may not accurately reflect his ability to utilize ketones.
Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s is a hail Mary here, because I have been doing ketogenic lifestyle for 1 month now. My blood ketones are all over the map-and showing very disappointingly low numbers (avg 0.7-1.0).
I am doing IF using my bulletproof coffee as a means to get thru the 16/8 fast. Iā€™ve lost a whopping 3 lbs in a month, with a starting BF 26%, but I see a difference in how my clothing fit.

At 5ā€™6ā€ 168lbs, Iā€™m just hovering over the healthy weight limit. I realize the scale doesnā€™t paint the bigger picture.
Iā€™m also trying a low protein day twice a week to kickstart me into a higher ketosis range. Iā€™m 56, and post menopause.
Iā€™m not sure where (or if) Iā€™m doing something to kick me out of ketosis, while showing low ketones in my bloodstream or if Iā€™m just fat adapted and my bloodstream wonā€™t always show high ketones.
Can one still be in ketosis and show blood ketones in the low range? Obviously weight and clothing fit will be a better judge of that.

(bulkbiker) #48

Why do you find those disappointing? Perfectly good nutritional ketosisā€¦

Yours arenā€™t in a ā€œlow rangeā€ though

(Ning ) #49

Hmmm, Iā€™m under the assumption that a better reading should look more like (1.5-2.0). Iā€™m never (and never was) in that range. If Iā€™m in ketosis, it should reflect a bit more either on a scale or in my clothing. And neither are truly budging. :expressionless: