Deeper State Keto (90 Day Cut) - My Journey!

(What The Fast?!) #1

Hi all! I signed up for Deeper State Keto (http://deeperstateketo.com), a 90 day cut program that was created by KetoConnect & KetoSavage. For those following along my journey, you’ll know that I have been keto for over a year now with no sustained weight loss. Now that I’ve figured out a lot of my food intolerance issues, I think a strict program like this will be able to help me reach my goals.

The program revolves around macro tracking and macro tapering. All the info was released this morning, so today is day 1! I’ve been extremely consistent with working out - I’m riding 3-4 days a week and doing pilates 3 days a week, with a total burn of 2600-4500 calories a week, my rolling 6 week average is about 3750. My weight has been climbing recently even though I am tracking everything and don’t have carb creep, so this is the perfect time to start and try to figure out what is going on.

S/W keto March 2017: 148ish
Fasting low (Feb 2018): 139.6
Current S/W for DSK: 151.9

@collaroygal Here’s the thread I mentioned. :slight_smile:

(Doug) #2

Out of likes for 16 more hours, Andrea, but you’ve got one coming from me. Good luck!

(What The Fast?!) #3

I will never run out of likes for YOU Doug. :slight_smile:

(Doug) #4

:heart: Willpower, determination, patience, willingness to explore.

(Rob) #5

Just to confirm, this is the estimated workout burn…

Very interested to see your progress… your issues are more common here as we get more members starting from your situation. Good luck!

(What The Fast?!) #6

I use a Polar heart rate monitor, which takes into account more than just age and weight, including heart rate variability, V02 Level, etc. Polar is the most accurate heart rate company, the research and testing they have done with athletes is amazing. My partner works for the company and helps professional sports teams utilize their heart rate monitors for athletic performance. I feel very confident in Polar’s data. I’m training about 8.5 to 9.5 hours a week between cycling and Pilates. I’m still conservative when it comes to the macro calculator though, I want to be cautious.

(Candy Lind) #7

I’ll be watching! KCKO.

(Joe) #8

Best of luck!

(What The Fast?!) #9

Day 1 DSK in the books. I started an Instagram to document the journey: @deeperstateketosis
My macros are 146F, 72P, 10C. These will adjust slightly week to week.
I’m fat fasting in the morning and eating 2 meals in the afternoon/evening. I may switch that to eating breakfast and lunch down the line.

Down 2.4lbs, but that puts me back to almost where I was 3 days ago, before I magically gained 4lbs overnight. :smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Thanks for the tag.

Keeping my fingers crossed this one is the missing link.

KCKO

(What The Fast?!) #11

Day 3 of DSK program.

Yesterday, I had an INCREDIBLE bike ride. I PR’ed 13 segments of my 20 mile ride! It could have been the fact that there was a group of people ahead of us and I was trying to keep up, but I think it’s more likely that I’m eating at a much higher fat %. I’ve been around 70% fat, SOME days up to 75%, but the DSK program has me at 80%.

C/W 148.6, down 2.9lbs total (water weight), this is the weight I started keto at just over a year go.

Today is a 5 mile ride to a 45 min Pilates class (the hard one) and then 5 miles home.

(Vladaar Malane) #12

I used to listen to the Keto Savage Podcast, very smart guy. He must’ve came out with this program later.

So sounds like aside from having someone else coach and work with you in your macros that the goal is higher fat % then typical Keto diet. Which for me I’m already 75 to 80 percent fat normally.

If it works, I guess it’s worth the coaching. I know I am getting tired of my plateau, this last 20 pounds does not want to go anywhere.

(What The Fast?!) #13

The program isn’t personal coaching, but a program that you follow for 90 days. Not just steady state macros, they change every week.

(What The Fast?!) #14

Day 4 of DSK, my ketones are through the roof already. About an hour after lunch, BG at 85 and ketones at 3.2.
This super high fat percentage is so legit!

(Dan Dan) #15

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

I love hearing this after every other person on this forum says ‘more fat’ and when someone tries it they are shocked it works :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congratulations on your success :clap::clap:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery which leads to Self Mastery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(What The Fast?!) #16

I think the confusion comes with understanding whether you’re just adding fat to what you’re already eating, or if you should be reducing both protein and carbs along with that, you know?
There’s SO much info out there, it can definitely be overwhelming for new people. Also…I think different people do better with different ratios.

(Dan Dan) #17

I Agree :smiley:

That’s why I’m so happy we have this forum to share our personal experiences so we can learn from each other :smiley:

Thank you for sharing your journey :wink:

(What The Fast?!) #18

I think I would have gone absolutely MAD in the last year if I didn’t have this forum…
Even though I haven’t had sustained weight loss (even with all the fasting I’ve done), I have been able to acknowledge my NSV’s and recognize that this is more about a health journey than just a way to eat.

(Dan Dan) #19

I know I started out wanting to lose weight and instead gained something better my health :smiley:

(What The Fast?!) #20

Ok, but…can I please also have weight loss???