Deep fried fish by ZORN

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

DEEP FRIED LOW CARB “BREADED” FISH!!

Cod dipped in a mayo/egg mixture and rolled in crushed pork rinds seasoned with a touch of cayenne then deep fried in lard, coleslaw made with mayo, red wine vinegar and a bit of stevia to sweeten, tartar sauce made with mayo and dill pickle. A few impatiens flower petals for garnish. Lol

NOM NOM NOM NOM

Anyone have any New Year's Resolutions re Keto?
(Dustin Cade) #2

Ohh this looks so good… I love crunchy fried fish, is not really thought about it till now… Thanks @Brenda

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

ERMERGERD IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD

(Dustin Cade) #4

i want to make crunchy shrimp too… might even try and make a keto crab cake… a Crabby Patty if you will… insert Sponge Bob joke here…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

OH MY GOD I NEVER THOUGHT TO DO THIS!
AND MIX IN COCONUT!
COCONUT SHRIMP FTW!!!

YUM!!! PLEASE POST

(Randy) #6

ERMERGERD IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD
[/quote]

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

LMFAOROFLMFAO
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

After stocking up on pork rinds recently, for the pancakes and all the other goodies you keep posting using them, I made this today as I had a hankering for fried fish - I miss the fish & chips from the UK from back in the day when i lived there. This was so freaking good, you don’t need no stinking chips because the fish is the star of the show! No pictures because I scarfed it down that quick it wasn’t around long enough to snap one! Delicious! For those who havent tried it yet, you are missing out. Super quick dinner too.

(Teresa) #9

I finally bought a deep fryer and am frying everything (in LARD although I’m going to try Tallow soon). It reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to fry everything in her FryDaddy. My favorite discovery has been fried cheese! Halloumi cheese to be exact. Nothing but cheese and lard. Amazing!

(Bunny) #10

Deep fried parmesan encrusted Talipa, Wild Rice and Shrimp extra hot chili cocktail sauce (no sugar) Yes! lots of black pepper I luv pepper! Tatar sauce home made (no sugar)!

Did not want to make new thread on fish dishes.

That was pure wild rice but my roommates daughter wanted a little regular rice in it…lol

(Marianne) #11

Crushed pork rinds - ingenious!

Are you all using a fryer or a fry pan with like 2" fat? I’ve never really fried anything but I do miss our weekly fish fry. Big deal in Western NY.

(Erika Mills) #12

The famous Brenda Zorn! It is my honor to finally try one of your recipes tonight :smile: can’t wait to see how it comes out!