Anyone have any New Year's Resolutions re Keto?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

Yes. Ditch the scale.

Again, smart move.

Ladies, I own a shotgun. Meet me out in the field and throw it high up in the air like a skeet shoot. I will blow it away for you. You’re welcome.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

No shit right? Which brings me to my resolution which is not a resolution at all just a goal for 2019. In 2019 I plan to break my 810 pound record on the free weight leg press and reach 900 if I’m able. And I really truly think that I am. Why? Because I am a major hard ass. And I mean that literally LOL

(Joanna Parszyk ) #33

In my case my NY resolution start today.

What l want to improve in 2019:
Go back to solid fasting ( maybe from 16:8 to 18:6) or simply OMAD.
Give a good try to ZC for at least a month.
Limit or eliminate totallydairy and nuts.
Keep up with my gym routine and improve the technique of my Thai Boxing.
Keep fighting of depression with Keto.

(less is more, more or less) #34

Yea, nuts are lethal for me. But why diary? Why does dairy have a bad rap?

(Karen) #35

I like the planks better. Crunches and sit ups Seem to be harder to do correctly. I just find that my shoulder hurts when I do planks.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

Oh my God I remember the fish. It was so good. I have a decent keto deep fried fish recipe with breading.

(less is more, more or less) #37

Videos, please. Is there such a thing as a scale-trebuchet?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #38

I never make them because I choose lofty and difficult ones (like going to lose all my weight so I can wear a bikini by summer) and inevitably fail.

I’m going with something reasonable like: do a better job of planning and prepping food and trying new stuff so I don’t eat the same keto things all the time and eventually burn out on it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #39

I would love nothing more :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #40

A couple of reasons. It is definitely linked to inflammation in some people. And also certain people react more insulin-wise with the milk sugar lactose. It’s all very individual you have to see what works for you. I haven’t tried giving up dairy myself as I don’t want to,
but if I ever discovered I needed to I would keep an open mind about it. Certainly if it causes a problem reducing it should help.

Butter and ghee have trace amount if any at all. Heavy cream also is very low in milk sugar (lactose) if that’s the issue

(Karen) #41

Breaded fried fish, thanks for that!! I make the pork rind waffles all the time.

(less is more, more or less) #42

I’d surely hate to give up dairy. The only “evidence” I’ve seen is usually from my friends who are paleo followers or CICO dieters that link to specious non-referenced articles at hosted on clickbait domains.

I shall keep an open mind on the matter, particularly if there’s third-party studies that provide evidence for this.

(Karen) #43

Resolutions

1. Crush my carbs
  2. Lean toward Carnivore
  3. do my therapy so I can get hand function back in my left arm and hand after surgery. Ugh

(Bacon for the Win) #44

Have been off the rails for all of 2018. Dad died at the end of 2017 and it’s been a down hill spiral ever since. Started a new job this past April and someone always brings in crap that I end up face down in. Not good and it needs to stop. My back hurts and my knees hurt. Just came back from a family vacation and really unpleased with how I look in a wetsuit, nevermind a swimsuit!

So back to the basics. The fridge is stocked with keto foods, hubs has made a few keto meals to pack for work, and I made a large pot of bone broth. So, I suppose the resolution is to get back to strict keto, if I were to make a resolution.

(Joanna Parszyk ) #45

Not all dairy. I’d still keep butter and some occasional cheese. It is just to easy for me it over eat on crean, sour cream, cream cheese.
With mostly meat and eggs it is way easier not to eat your feelings.

(less is more, more or less) #46

I was thinking about this question, and now I have the “right” answer.

Upgrade my wardrobe in 2019. Slowly, economically, but deliberately, for my new less fatty self.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #47

Ok, time to get real - all the coconut oil in the world won’t save me from the ingredients in some of these deli meats. Grabbed Canadian bacon - didn’t look at the ingredients. Had to eat the whole damn package to feel full, and now have the attendant stomach ache. Not from eating too much, from all the crappy ingredients in it, including corn syrup. Forget it - I will only buy Applegate in the future. My bacon does have sugar, but it doesn’t affect me the same way, and I’ve tried the nitrate free and don’t care for it. Why does everything have corn syrup in it?

I resolve to remain in ketosis throughout 2019, whatever it takes.
KCKO…

(Mike W.) #49

Haha! That show has been playing on Antenna TV lately.

(Jane) #50

I would like to do some strength training.

And maintain my weight.