Deep-freeze Dee-cember (30 day carnivore experience)

(Karen) #161

Wishing you all a great New Years Eve

Got home yesterday from a few dancing days in Bournemouth. Storm Gerrit hit the country on wednesday, the day we drove down to B and with it being first day back to work for most it was an awful long nose to tail drive there… coupled with people returning home feom family visits agh! Not quite as bad driving home but still took a time as i have to stop a few times for Raymonds legs, toilet trips and a bite to eat.

The hotel was very accommodating to my woe after i had growled at the restaurant manager that i was likely to go very hungry after the first evening in the restaurant. The next two days she wasn’t on duty and the restaurant not only ran more smoothly, the staff were more willing to please, especially as i was able to show them the hotels confirmation email that i had informed them of my dietry requirements! The good was beautifully cooked. I had a fillet of Salmon on the first night, a large amount of roast leg of lamb the second evening and roast chicken the third evening. I had smoked salmon each evening as a starter and a cheese selection for dessert thurs and friday. It was nice to finish with cheese after not eating it for nearly 4 months but hasn’t made me feel like buying any for the house so thats good. Sorry didn’t take any pics… must do better lol!

We danced every evening and had a tea dance aswell on the friday afternoon. Met some great people and so had plenty of laughter and good company for the dancing. Overall the hotel was super and we had upgraded our rooms for once to blustery sea view doubles next door to each other instead of our usual singles miles apart, overlooking car parks :wink: so it was nice on thursday when the winds had died down briefly to be able to open the balcony door and read with the fresh air coming in. Friday saw the return of the blustery wind. And it was another wind and rainy drive back yesterday.

I unpacked everything when i got in and so this morning it was all over the place waiting for me to get on with it.

Out this evening to Cranwell village in Lincolnshire for the New Years Eve dance. Normally guaranteed a good night there.

(Geoffrey) #162

My last meal of 2023.
A nice lamb steak cooked to perfection over a wood fire.

And then some carnivore ice cream.

Y’all have a Happy New Year.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #163

We had a lovely roast duck. I’m spending the couple of hours before midnight cleaning the kitchen.

I know it’s already into the New Year for many of us, but I wanted to share this thought:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and ne’er brought to mind?
We’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne;
we’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

I ate fried pork as usual. And other things, not all carnivore, to put it lightly and it was a special day when we happened to drink. Pretty much so I really felt it. Wow. I don’t have that every year! Didn’t last long though. Apart from the booze and candlelight, it was a day like others.

I had exactly zero gram ruminant meat in December. Oh well.

EVERYONE COME HERE TO OUR NEW 2024 MONTHLY CHAT THREAD:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/carnivore2024/120699/2

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #166