Deconstructed Burrito (w/ Photo)

Desconstructed Burrito
465 calories, 9g net carbs, 4g fiber, (13g total carbs), 26g protein
(162% RDA of Vitamin C)

BASE: Mexican Rice (w/ riced cauliflower)

• 6-7 oz cauliflower (riced) fried on highest heat in 1 tbsp olive oil
  • cumin, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red pepper, black pepper, salt to taste
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste

MIDDLE: Ground Beef Taco Meat

• 4 oz ground beef
  • cumin, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red pepper, black pepper & salt to taste
  • splash vinegar and/or louisianna hot sauce. (for some acidic bite)

TOPPINGS:

• 1/2 oz Freshly grated cheese
  • cilantro (optional) [a.k.a. coriander leaves]
  • hot sauce (optional)
  • dollup sour cream (optional)
  • avocado (optional)

Looking for recipe ides using frozen vegetables
(matt ) #2

That looks really good. I would not expect 9g carbs. Do you know where they are coming from?

Thanks. Yeah it is super yummy! :slight_smile:

Seven of the nine grams of carbs is from the cauliflower, the other two grams are from the 1 tbsp of tomato paste.

It’s 7 oz. of cauliflower – about 1/4 of a large head. This is a very filling dish and is meant to be a larger meal of the day. I eat about 30g net carbs per day and stay in nutritional ketosis fine, so it’s not a big deal for me.

It’s better than the 70g of carbs white rice would be, at 1/10 th the carbs. Tastes the same as white rice as well.

Plus the cauliflower has 4g of fiber and well it digests really slow without spiking insulin.

(Linda Culbreth) #4

Looks awesome!

(David Cumming) #5

Why oh why do I look at keto recipes when I’m fasting??

(Linda Culbreth) #6

You and me both!

That’s why there is intermittent fasting :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #8

Thanks for the post. I’m definitely going to give this a try for sure, especially the rice!

(Terri) #9

This looks fabulous!

(Sophie) #10

@Jennifer72 I made fajitas last night and used your Mexican Rice Recipe and it was really, really good! Even non-keto hubby enjoyed it, so thanks for posting it. I’ll definitely use it again. I will mention that I used a frozen bag of riced cauliflower that I thawed and just pan fried instead of steaming in the micro. Worked beautifully :+1::+1:

JustPeachy, very glad it turned out well :). Did ya top the rice with anything? Some cheese? :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #12

No, but thanks for reminding me… I did add 1/2 of a tomato chopped and 1/2 of a jalapeno chopped! It was very good straight up.

(Sophie) #13

I was craving chicharones again so I went to the Carneceria and picked up more beef fajitas while I was there. I made the rice again last night. Didn’t have tomato paste this go round, so I subbed about 4tbs of tomato sauce instead. Again, I tossed in a bag of frozen cauliflower rice into the frying pan. Turned out really yummy. Hell, you can’t hardly mess it up. Love this recipe!

Sounds delicious :slight_smile: