Looking for recipe ides using frozen vegetables

(Carol E. ) #1

I am looking for recipes or recipe ideas for vegetable dishes that start with frozen vegetables for those times when planning has not been the best and it is easy to grab frozen vegetables,

I need to expand beyond frozen cauliflower rice, lol. Thanks!

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

When I use frozen veggies, I put bone broth not water in the pan, then add the veg, be it broccoli, green beans, sugar snap peas, or a stir fry mixture. whatever. I then add some garlic and onion powders and any other spice or herbs. Those can then be covered with butter, or a cheese sauce for quick and tasty side dishes.

(Sophie) #3

I steam a lot of my veggies and use either butter or bacon juice, or both to season them. I know you stated you wanted to expand from cauli-rice but I just used some frozen and seasoned it up as mexican rice from another thread. It was pretty damn tasty! https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/deconstructed-burrito-w-photo/19949

(Jacob Wagner) #4

This recipe can be used for almost any vegetible as long as it isn’t starchy:

–Jacob

I like to cook frozen stir-fry vegetables (from Costco; contains snap peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, broccoli, little carrot) with garlic and powdered ginger with a few drops of liquid sucralose, and I add a few drops of sesame oil at the end. Very versatile (use almost any vegetables) and adaptable to your own taste.

I use this as a quick side to all kinds of things (chicken, hamburger, salmon).

(Liz ) #6

I always have a bag of frozen spinach on hand. I break it up by slamming the bag on the counter & shake some out into a hot fry pan with butter to thaw. When it’s ready I add more butter & scramble 3 eggs into it, at the end I sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan. So good!

(Ken) #8

Steam any frozen veggie you like. Then cover with homemade hollandaise sauce. It makes all veggies a treat.

Cook green beans (frozen or canned) with chopped bacon or a small amount of diced fatty pork. I usually put in some chopped onion and a few tbsp of vinegar. Cook until onion is very soft.

Thaw frozen veggies in microwave, then stir fry in skillet with meat or bacon fat. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and add a couple of tbsp of heavy cream.

(Katie Gray) #9

… I don’t prefer frozen Vegetables…however, you may try the recipes below. It’s healthy, simple, and easy recipes to follow:

(Paula) #10

I always have frozen broccoli and cauliflower. One of my family favorites is Buffalo Cauliflower. I use almond flour instead of breadcrumbs and full fat butter.