December IF/EF chat - all welcome!

(Liz ) #121

That’s what I was thinking. Lurkers might learn!

(Doug) #122

10 day fast ended; I ate last night: salmon, a ribeye steak, broccoli with butter. I had not had much salt during the fast - just 10 or 12 large grains of the pink stuff perhaps 6 times. Definitely lost a good bit of water over those 10 days, because wow was I thirsty after eating.

So, this is the first “refeeding” day (bacon and eggs this morning) and I do feel really good. During the fast, some aches and pains that are normal for me went away or lessened - likely due to lowered inflammation and lower pressure around joints from water loss. Today there is almost a “young” feeling, so I take it the HGH and other good stuff that happens after a fast is broken are ongoing.

I would not change anything about the fast - it’s good to have salt and other mineral/electrolytes at need; just wasn’t wanting them much this time around. I was too lazy and impatient about starting to eat - just walked to the steakhouse by this hotel. Better to start easy with something like broth, and perhaps a small meal a few hours later…? Just slamming right into a big meal like that - I could feel it, heartrate was increased and there was a slight sense of shock/strain. Nothing dire, but not pleasant. Surely one’s electrolyte balance is swinging wildly at such a time, and as I understand it that’s the danger with “refeeding syndrome.”

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #123

Congrats @OldDoug

(What The Fast?!) #124

yesss!!! That’s awesome!!!

I am wondering if they will do the same to me, but I bet that when fasting, they won’t, because ketones run so much higher during a fast. I’ll test and report back if I try them during my fast.

Yaaayyy!!! I’m going to measure today, I keep forgetting.

(Liz ) #125

Hope you find good measurements!!

Yes please let me know.

Fasting goals :raised_hands:

(What The Fast?!) #128

Most everything was the same. My thighs were a half inch smaller and my hip were a quarter inch less.

You folks are inspiring. I just muddle along, although there is nothing wrong with that. Another warrior fast today, will break it about 5:30. I think my “set point” for my weight has reset itself as I have been around 170 for the past 3 months or so. My clothes keep getting looser so I may still be losing a little fat here and there.

(Dawn) #130

Ok goodbye autophagy. I officially took some broth in today. That is all that I will eat until I have some maca nuts tomorrow. I want to take it slow this time and keep my refeed light. I ended the fast two pounds away from goal

Ketones

42 hours in :muscle:t3:

Broke my fast at 44 hours today, my granddaughter’s 13th birthday. Watching everyone eat the cake and ice cream, I knew I wanted some carl’s head pizza and more. So, I did.

I wonder if I could just hop back onto another, at least for another 36-40+ hrs. There’s so much to keep me busy this time of year, thank God, I suppose it’s great that the fasting can be a healthy part of a busy schedule.

Have a good night and thanks for your support fellow travelers Doug, Liz, Andrea, Rusty…and…y’all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #133

Stay tuned for my next 96 hour fast starting Saturday night…I’m gearing up…So to speak

(Doug) #134

Ischial tuberosity - we have a pair of these, the bones in your butt that you sit on. Definitely feeling them…:smile:

(What The Fast?!) #135

You guys…I’m going to do a bacon fast!!! I just read about it and TBH it sounds incredible!!! 1.5lbs of Bacon a day and I can lose weight?! Ok! Wish me luck.

(Rick) #136

Good luck!! How does that fast work??

(Doug) #137

Good luck, Andrea. :slightly_smiling_face:

But honestly, that doesn’t sound like a ‘fast’ to me. It sounds like breakfast. :smile:

(What The Fast?!) #138

RIGHT?! Sounds too good to be true!
@azviking here’s a link to @joievawter 's post about it. My 7 Day Bacon Fast (challenge)
Also you can go to this site for all the info: http://www.bacon4free.com/optin

(Rick) #139

Thanks!!! :smile:

(What The Fast?!) #140

My first post about it…