December 2018 ZORNFAST

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #101

I’m at 30.5 hours and going for 42. My personal best so far. Woot.

(Martha Kefgen) #102

I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep to help several hours pass quickly. At this point I’m 27 hours fasted and I’m not hungry. The problem I have is that all I think about is the fact that I’m fasting. I hope tomorrow will allow my mind to think about other things.

(Lonnie Hedley) #103

50.5 hours

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #104

Hey @goldwingnut.
You’re fine. My recommendations are just that, recommendations. Do you supplement magnesium? The best forms are malate or glycinate 400 mg a day

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #105

Hello all,

Made it to 40hr 40 mins. My personal best before was ~24 hrs. Slight hunger this morning but not anything unusual. Going to the gym shortly for some rowing and walking today. Will refeed at 42+.

Lost 4 lbs in the last 24 hrs (to 217.4) and assume I will gain most of that back in the next day. Planning on two days of regular meals and then likely IF 18/6 or OMAD on Sunday.

Because of the holidays and winter break (I work at a University and today is my last day till Jan 2, I will fast one 36 to 42 hr fast a week for the next two weeks.

Starting my fast after a big lunch helped me so much since I slept through the 12 to 18 hr mark.

Anyway thanks for the support of all of you. :grinning:

Congrats, Eric! :slight_smile:

Same here. I always take some time off during the Holidays, just to get away for a bit and spend some time at home with the Wife. :slight_smile:

Yes on the Magnesium…but I’m not sure about the exact labelling. I’ll check.

And I’m not exactly a consistent, regular user. Only when I think of it, or doing a longer fast. :hushed:

I’m currently sitting at just over 64 hours on the second of my back-to-back E.F. experiment.

Feeling great as expected. (Maybe just a skoshe harder than usual)

I also seems I’ve hit a new 45 year low this morning: 164.7 and even though I did see the 160’s briefly in 1972 during my freshman year in college, it was very short lived. (Maybe 165, but certainly no lower than that.)

(Lonnie Hedley) #108

64 hours, 14 minutes. Feeling good. Slight headache. Took a handful of salt, headache gone.

Coincidentally I started dating someone recently who also does keto. When I mentioned doing a monthly EF, she said “I could never do that”. A couple weeks later and she’s almost 40 hours into her first EF. Everything is possible if you believe in yourself.

@hedleylo

Lonnie! THAT is excellent. She might really like it!

It takes some practice to go more than a few days, but fasting suits most of us well…if only people would try.

(Lonnie Hedley) #110

She hasn’t broken her fast yet, but she’s ready to do it again next month.

(KCKO, KCFO) #111

33 hrs. in. I am shooting for an 80 hr. fast. I have dropped a 3 lb. bounce up I wanted to push down, so everything else that happens will be a bonus. I am heading out shortly for a fitness class.

Lonnie, glad you found someone to date who is keto, makes it easier with the support. Hope she does well with the fasting too.

Eric, congrats on doing the extended fasting.

Stan, way to do it with that new low. Now you have to figure out how to stay where you want to be without going too low. It is a challenge, but such a good thing to have to battle.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #112

Thanks so much. I’m pretty pumped about EF.

Ending this week with a 71/2 and a 46/2 under my belt — so to speak. Might tack on a 36-hour after tonight for good measure. Hit my Christmas goal this morning at 197.6 pounds.

Breaking this fast tonight at 46.5 hrs. I don’t usually do smaller fast, but the Wife wants to meet some friends & family tomorrow for a mid-day meal, and I always like to break at home. … Just in case. :slight_smile:

So I guess two 46+/- hr. back-to-back fast is better then not getting to Fast. (But I did get 3 meals in between)

Happy Fasting folks… :slight_smile:

I’m REALLY wanting to eat, but not really hungry. (Rarely am I actually, genuinely HUNGRY…)

I’m going to try to hang on one more day. That’ll make my back-to-back fast experiment around 76-4-96 hours, if I don’t quit early.

This one is just past 73 hours currently.

Same here, I usually don’t. But don’t like chancing anything and breaking when out to eat. :wink: … Much safer this way and it’s no big deal. I got 96 hrs. or so in this week with both Mini-Fast, plus can always get back to it.

(Martha Kefgen) #117

I’m excited to report that I am over 60 hours fasted for the first time! I plan to break the fast around 70 hrs. I think I can at least do this once a month, and who knows, maybe more often. My only issue is that the fast is constantly on my mind.
I hear the fasts get easier as you go along. Would that be the case for a monthly fast?

(Lonnie Hedley) #118

Almost 86 hours. Should be smooth sailing to break at 91 hours.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #119

Yes. They get much much easier because you could become more skilled. You will begin to look forward to them. And it will come to a point where you don’t want to break them. We are a crazy nutty group here the fasting folks but darn healthy I must say

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #120

Absolutely. Walk through the fear.