December 2018 ZORNFAST

(KCKO, KCFO) #121

Working on the 60th hr. now. Feeling really good. I had some ketoaide shortly before going to bed last night because Ihad a small headache. This morning, all is well.

I am also one who eats not from hunger, but I enjoy my food and the time chatting with DH and anyone else at the table. I really do consider myself a foodie. But now I consider myself a faster as well. Both can bring me happiness now.

KCFO everyone.
Happy Holidays!

(Lonnie Hedley) #122

90 hours. My normal eating window starts at 1pm so I’ll be breaking at 91 hours. Ready to eat again. :blush:

@collaroygal “I am also one who eats not from hunger, but I enjoy my food and the time chatting with DH and anyone else at the table”.

You’ve just read my pedigree!!

This par-tick-u-lar fast, however… kicked my tail today. It took me a full hour or more upon awakening to get any level of energy, much less the Mental Clarity and The Energetic,SuperMan, Nirvana, Utopia-esque HIGH, that i finally have now.

…And nearly always during an fast…

Not sure why It took me a while to get the fire roarling, but I’m glad I pushed through. If I had felt, I dunno…sick or wobbly or really bad, I’d have called it off.

See, I’m about 4 days in so far on the last leg of my 76-4-120 hour DOUBLE ZornFast Experiment. (A “dirty” fast, with some [spoiler]cream[/spoiler] added to my coffee, about 3 times a day) I’ma try to finish after Church tomorrow–A 5 day one this time. WE SHALL SEE.

Happy Fasting Everyone!

Today I finished a 71-2-46-2-16 fast allowing only 1 tablespoon of HWC in my 1 cup of coffee per day. My 2 meals included 21 and 18 total carbs, respectively.

Over the 5 days I dropped from 204.6 to 197.6 — loss of 7 pounds. Since refeeding I’ve only gained back 0.8 to 198.4. My Christmas goal was 198 so the fast was worth it.

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be the start of the big 3-day feast I both look forward to and dread. Because this is a fasting thread just let me say I am in Cajun country and the fare will be rich and sweet. I plan to enjoy without face-planting.

(Martha Kefgen) #125

I was able to fast 67 hours for my first, several day fast. I am grateful for the Zorn Fast forum and all who shared there experience. I lost 4 lbs and gained one back. We’ll see if it stays that way the next few days. This fast makes me want to hit keto hard through the holidays. Congratulations to everyone who did the December fast. Thank you Brenda Zorn for your encouragement and advice.

(KCKO, KCFO) #126

Great result for a first time fast, they do get easier the more you fast.

(KCKO, KCFO) #127

Glad the fasting worked to get you into onederland. Enjoy the feasting, you can always fast again to drop back quickly if the weight goes up. Lots of good Cajun food that is keto, try to fill up on those before hitting the carby stuff, you won’t want as much of it.

I am over my original 80 hrs. just going to go as far as I can today without wanting to eat.

Happy Hollies

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #128

Happy holidays guys! I plan to do another 5 day starting New Year’s Eve.

(KCKO, KCFO) #129

Ok, I am done with my fast. 91.25 hrs. It was the easiest in a long time. I have been having more like 80hrs. with no refeeding, other longer fasts I would refeed one meal and dive back. I’ll check my weight in the morning to see how the refeed has impacted me so far.

Always a pleasure to fast with my keto friends here.

Happy Hollies everyone!

I forgot to report on my break-fast. I wound up starting my re-feed at the 104 hour mark, just shy of a full 5 days.

I’ll take it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #131

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL YOU KETOGENIC WARRIORS!!!

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #132

Thanks Brenda and same to you.

To you as well, Brenda. :evergreen_tree:

(Brennan) #134

What about all of the ketogenic pacifists? :v:

Lol happy holidays to you too!

(KCKO, KCFO) #135

Was happy with my weigh in this fast I am down 7.6 lbs. now to just keep part of that. I am almost back to my lowest weight on Keto, within a lb. So I am going to be cautious with my refeeding days.

Wishing you all :v::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::bacon: on this winter holiday season.

Happy Hollies everyone.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #136

[spoiler]FUCK 'EM[/spoiler] LOL

(KCKO, KCFO) #137

And the Zfasting continues. I am on a refeeding day, last of 3 days of refeeding, and will start fasting after dinner tonight and go to dinner on Monday night, I want my champers when the ball drops to start the new year.

I am staying within my 3 lbs. range of my goal weight and want to make sure I take that into the New Year, so decided to do this for the end of this year.

KCFO

I would love to jump back in myself, but think I need another day or so of some feeding to make sure my issues with my Hernia have indeed passed. Mostly OMAD, but need to know my system is working properly. … Once I know this is the case, I will be off to Fasting again myself. Maybe even as soon as this coming week. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

I will begin a 5 day on Monday.
Looking forward to it.

(Kevin Ruther) #140

Is your hypothesis that a follow-up fast is worth the effort due to the momentum benefits of recently coming off a fast?

I’m thinking specifically, compressed stomach, muscle glycogen content, etc.

I ask because I’m playing around with the concept of a “fast-aid” which is a 3-4 day fast, 1-2 meals, then another 3-4 day fast. Maybe doing this 1-2 times per month and keto otherwise until blood markers improve.