Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Thanks Honey, Happy Anniversary and Love ya too. :kissing_heart: Hopefully next year some of this craziness will be over with and we can celebrate a bit more properly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you kindly, Susan. :+1:

(Susan) #1386

Happy Belated Anniversary wishes to a very lovely couple, I hope that your day was wonderful and that you have many more to come =).

Thank you, Susan. :slight_smile:

(Virginia ) #1388

Thank you.

(Virginia ) #1389

It’s okay, as long as we are together that is all that matters. Love you.:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

(Virginia ) #1390

Thanks, Susan.

(Susan) #1391

Dave, any new artwork we can admire?

I actually haven’t done anything in the past few months… Just been busy, as well as dealing with all the craziness going on these days. But I did do some sketching earlier in the year, and V actually picked out one sketch I did with a Fairy. So I started working that one up, and should have actually finished it. But just lost the time and I really do have to get back to it, because it is close to being done with just a few things left that I want to do with it. … But here’s the original quick sketch I did, and where it’s at…

(Susan) #1393

That is so lovely. I really love your work.

Thanks. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Susan) #1395

That is lovely, would be lovely as a mural on a child’s bedroom wall --do you and V have grand children and paint for them -that would be awesome.

Thanks, but nope, just the one Son. V wants some, but it hasn’t happened as of yet. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1397

I will keep my positive thoughts and prayers for you for that to happen one day, hehe. I love being a grandma =).

(Virginia ) #1398

Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life. I love you. couple-of-deer-with-hearts-valentines-day-vector-illustration-P48YM7

Love ya too… Sorry I haven’t been around much with work and this weather. :kissing_heart:

(Susan) #1400

I wish you two many many more happy years together --you are just so sweet and adorable --I love seeing how much you two love and cherish each other. It is very heart warming and I wish you both the best, in your lives together and of course, in your Ketoing for life too =).

(Virginia ) #1401

It’s okay, it is not your fault…it is your job. I will see you and Steven tomorrow or Saturday, if you two have to stay at work. Just be safe driving home or driving to the hotel if you both have to stay. Love you.:kissing_heart::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kiss:

(Virginia ) #1402

Awe, thank you Susan. You are so kind. I hope you are doing well and don’t have to deal with all this crazy weather. Hope you husband is doing better. Take care.

Well, I haven’t checked in or updated this thread in a while. But in my defense, I have actually been extremely busy. Both at work, and home. (Mostly at home though, being the most physical of the two) Also, I have been trying to still weigh in each Sunday morning, but the last 3 or 4 weeks or so might not be the most accurate? With me doing so much in the basement lately, I’ve had to move it around quite a bit and anyone who’s ever done this, knows you can get 10 different weights from 10 different locations. I did this while trying to find a place I could move it to, while working, and it would show differences of up to 3 or 4 pounds, depending on where I place it. Not sure what causes this really, but knew about this before all this. Once I’m done though, I will find a permanent place for it once again.

Along with setting up and planting the Garden recently, I’ve actually been going down in my basement each night and weekends, trying to get it finished up. I recently got back into doing some Artwork, which I was really missing. And along with purchasing a new drawing table, I decided to work on getting the basement finished too. (at least the one half I plan on using mostly, for chilling out, doing art, etc.) The other side will still be used for my projects, archery stuff, etc., but the one side will be fully setup. … I had already ran new electrical wiring and cable throughout the basement some years ago, and also put up most of the drywall back then too. But I didn’t get it all finished since I also wanted to change out the backdoor, and would need to hang that last couple pieces once that was done. So a couple weeks ago, I went ahead and ripped out and replace the door and door jam, and then hung the remaining pieces to start working on the trim, painting, etc. (Even though I dropped cable a few years ago, it’s available.)

After installing the new door and door jam, hung the remaining drywall to finish that part up…

Then weekend before last, finally finished up the sanding, installed the door and floor trim, added primer and painted. This would complete the first 1/4 of the basement, and get the side I will using most done. (As far as the walls that is. I will be adding carpet once the walls are done, and then a drop ceiling, once the walls and floor are completed.) Will also be boxing in the stupid boiler, since they placed it next to the fireplace to vent the pipe out the chimney. I can understand the concept, but not the greatest design for aesthetic appeal. But plan on putting up light-weight paneling for easy removal for any maintenance.

For the past week or two, I started moving some stuff back over to this side, so I can start prepping the other side, where the Fireplace is located. It means I can actually stop and enjoy some Artwork or just watch something, but I haven’t really done much of either. I really just want to complete this side of the basement. There was only one wall, and a partially enclosed (small) room when we moved in, but I took that out since it wasn’t done all that well, and I wanted the entire basement open. It measures 48’ x 28’ and I really enjoy the open area. Hell, I was riding my bike around in it when we first moved in. :slight_smile:

So as soon as I got home tonight, I again went straight down there and cleared the other side to start the work. I had mentioned possibly re-facing the Fireplace couple weeks ago, and the Wife has asked if I will. I’m looking into it, but still not sure how I want to do it? We’re looking into the options. … But I’m hoping to maybe get this side done by the weekend, or very soon afterward. But I’m about out of room, moving all the stuff to the other side while I work. Along with my stuff… Table Saw, Work bench, tools, etc. Archery equipment, Fish Tanks, etc., etc. We still have some stuff we got from my Grandmother passing, as well as V’s Mom. We have gone through and given a lot away, but there’s still stuff to go through. And my Son also has some stuff stored down there too. But the one side will be good for now, but we do have plans to pick up another pool table in the near future too. We’ve never used the Fireplace, since we use the wood burning stove that is located upstairs, plus I actually like my basement cold. :slight_smile:

IMG_8797

IMG_8803

IMG_8804