Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Virginia ) #1343

Awe, keeping your family in my prayers my friend.

(Susan) #1344

Thank you very much, I always welcome all prayers! (as I am doing for Dave and yourself and many of the amazing people on this fabulous forum). You are a wonderful bunch of people and I appreciate the people on here very much =).

(Virginia ) #1345

You are very welcome and thank you.

Week 122: Well, my knee is still on the mend, but it still hurts at times whether walking or moving it around. But I believe its getting better. I’m not icing it as much, but do here and there. I’ve also been taking one of the knee braces we have & using it during the day at work & a few times at home. Just adds some needed support. But don’t think I nearly ready to push it trying to get some Hunting in just yet. But this really sucks, since it’s a bit unseasonably cold presently, and it’s definitely got Deer on the move. I’m hoping to give it another week or two and maybe I can get then? … Showed a bit more then 1.5 loss this week, which is always good, and I’m sure any loss will help with the knee as well. I’m also planning to do some additional work outs here soon. I’ve been shooting the bow here and there to just tone up the arm muscles some, & would actually like to start hitting the Total Gym a couple/few times a week as well. It’s always helpful, being Hunting itself can actually be quite the workout overall. There’s a lot of walking, climbing, dragging and lifting involved when you look at the whole picture. :deer:

(Laurie) #1347

Congratulations on the weight loss. Good luck with the knee problems. Mine are improving through exercise. Happy hunting!

Thanks, Laurie. :slight_smile: And glad to hear your improving, as I believe I am as well. I didn’t go to any Doctors or anything, but pretty sure it’s an inner meniscus strain, similar as I dealt with a few years ago in my right knee. But definitely getting better, after working with it for the past two weeks. … And yep, looking forward to getting out to do some Hunting, as I’m seeing quite a few on the move with the unseasonable colder weather we’ve been experiencing. But surely don’t want to rush it, knowing it will only prolong the overall healing. … Thanks again.

(Susan) #1349

This is great to hear. I hope that that continues! Congrats on the additional weight loss, and I hope that that continues as well!

(Virginia ) #1350

Good job!! And Happy Birthday!!! :tada::balloon:

images

(Susan) #1351

Happy Birthday Dave. Hope you have a great day. Best wishes on the knee healing quickly.

Thanks, Hun. Love ya… :kissing_heart:

Thank you, Susan. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1354

Happy Birthday, Dave, many Happy Returns and I hope that that knee will be feeling better soon!

Thanks, Susan. :slight_smile:

Hey, Dave!

Finally caught up on your thread. Okay, I skimmed most of it, but from what I could tell your weight is going back down from earlier this year, you’ve been dealing with a lot of flooding in your neck of the woods, still rocking some kickass artwork, oh and you’ve recently had a birthday.

Happy Birthday.

Let me know if I missed any of the important highlights. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Darren. Nope, that’s pretty much the basics. :slight_smile: :+1:

Week 124: Still dealing with the knee unfortunately, but it has gotten much better. I’m just getting an occasional sharp twinge on the inner side of the knee, if I happen to turn the wrong way without thinking and it’s like the knee’s saying ‘Hey, I’m still here’ … But at least it’s not swelling much anymore, so I just need to watch it and still take it easy for a bit more. Steps are the worst for it, and namely going down? I seem to be able to climb up with not many issues, but going down steps seems to jolt it quite a bit. I’ve been side-stepping down to help prevent this. … As for the chart, I’m still showing loses, and have been putting in 2 small Fast each week, (41 - 50 hrs.) which I find assists with gut relief/digestion. (Something I’ve always liked with Fasting, or simply meal breaks. Appears to let the system run better. So this is the main reason I’ve been doing it, but also been holding back from doing longer ones since reincorporating Fasting. I tend to get in the mood quite often to Fasting a lot, and just don’t want to over-do-it. Which at times just leads to me missing good meals, and I know it can also derail meal planning at home. :slight_smile: But I did mention to V that I would probably do a weekday fast here in the next couple weeks.

(Susan) #1359

I hope that your knee will continue to heal, Dave. Take care.

Thanks, it’s getting there. :leg: :+1:

Week 126: Well, life’s kind-of sucking at the moment TBH. :unamused: Had a little bump last week with some bad congestion, mostly sinus and chest. But got past that and thankfully seemed to have leveled back some this week at least. Be nice to have some good stuff happen, without bad following…

So the good news is my leg has been doing well, not having any pangs of pain in the knee in the past week or so, which is always good… but of course, there’s always that flip side. - The Fridge went out on Friday, and at first, thought it was just the Freezer section. But apparently it’s the entire fridge, so we’ve been scrambling to salvage what we could, preparing all the stuff that had started to thaw. - Had the Wife and Son take all the stuff still frozen down to the deep freezer in the basement, and came home early to hopefully get it sorted. But I haven’t found anything that stands out just yet. … I’m hoping it’s something relatively easy, such as the Thermostat, Temp Controller unit, etc. And not the damn compressor itself. - I went ahead and Had V and my Son run up to Lowes last night to order a new one. Nothing fancy, but still cost me $800+ … And my Son picked up a Mini-Fridge he’d been wanting to get. So we packed what we could in that, until the new one arrives Wednesday. But you really realize just how small a Mini is, when you try to store what stuff you can from a 20 cubic, to a 3.5… :roll_eyes:

But thankfully, we didn’t lose too much. Hate losing anything, but would rather be safe then sorry. Unfortunately, I made the call to toss 4 new 18 count Eggs, which sucks to toss 72 Eggs out, but after learning the fridge had allowed temps to exceed 50° for most the day yesterday, it wasn’t worth chancing. Most of the stuff we did lose, was stuff relatively small, some condiments, veggie’s, etc. so nothing too bad overall. And V reached out to one of our neighbors and is storing a small amount in their extra fridge in their garage until we get things setup. Even stayed up till 4am this morning, since V used some of the last stuff to make up a Rolled, Stuffed Pork Roast, using Country Sausage and Kale, which we will use for dinner, and just be playing things day by day for now. Fasting will helping too. :slight_smile:

(Laurie) #1362

So sorry about your troubles, Dave. Best wishes.