Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Mame) #1103

So sorry to hear this news. :worried: I hope you all will be able to make him as comfortable as is possible and enjoy him to bits.

Thanks, we sure plan to. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1105

I am sorry to hear this Dave. He is such a beautiful dog, I can see why he is so loved.

(back and doublin' down) #1106

ah Dave, he’s so beautiful. Hopefully the diet regimen will help. Sending my best vibes for healing.

Thank you ladies, much appreciate and we hope it helps as well. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1108

Aww =( I am so sorry, Dave. He is a beautiful dog, and he looks very gentle and sweet. I hope and pray that he will be okay and can heal from this, the poor dear.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1109

Awe, poor guy. I hope he responds well to the diet.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1110

I’m sorry to hear this Dave. I know you all must be feeling some stress about this. I hope Kito will do well on the new diet. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks kindly everyone, we are sure hoping the diet helps him too. And he is a very sweet dog indeed with a great personality, and we will be doing everything we can for him. He had no issues eating the special foods we gave him last night, and will just have to get past this week of daily fluid injections under his skin. This is supposed to try and aid getting his fluid levels back in order. So he probably won’t be liking this too much, but did pretty good last night with the first one. … We will then be taking him back probably Wednesday to have blood work done again to see if there’s any change.

Thanks again… :slight_smile:

(Jane) #1112

Oh no - so sorry to hear that about your sweet pup. I hope the special diet really helps.

Thank you, Jane. We’re really hoping to get news after this week, and hope it continues. :slight_smile:

But of course, it’s like when they say “when it rains, it pours” ??? … Because V called me this morning at 10:30am to say her brakes in the Trail Blazer were not working, and that the peddle was going to the floor. :unamused: …#*@&^$ … So I had to leave work, after setting up a ride for my Son this evening, & head back home. - V had to wait the hour it takes me to get home to pick her up at the Grocery Store.

She had stopped past an Advanced Auto place, where the guy there tried to help her out and add some DOT3, which filled the empty Master Cylinder, but the brakes were still going to the floor. … So when I got to her, I drove it carefully to a Auto Service Shop a few miles down the road and they are presently looking at it. I told them I could not locate any fluids anywhere and did not see anything leaking? So told them the lines probably need to be bled since there is probably air in the lines, but that I don’t have time or the desire to do it myself presently. (He agreed that it probably was air in the lines, but I really hope that is what it is, and not something hidden?) The fluid that was added earlier is still the same and has not dropped or leaked out? … I truly have no idea what’s going on presently. :exploding_head:

(Susan) #1114

Oh thank goodness nothing bad happened with no brakes. Glad V is safe.

(Susan) #1115

I am so sorry that that happened with V’s car, eek that is scary, but also I am very glad that she is okay and didn’t have an accident!

Thanks, that was my concern as well. Hated to have her wait there for me for an hour, but didn’t want her to try and get anywhere the way it was. … Still haven’t heard back from the shop yet. So not sure if they were able to get it into the bay to be looked at or not? Heading out the door to take Kito back to the Vet for his fluid injection. My Son is riding with me, since we have to use his vehicle tonight.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1117

Problem with master cylinder? Not an auto expert.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Not really sure? I didn’t see any tell-tale signs of any issues with the Master Cylinder or the connecting lines. Could also be an issue with the Booster? But could not locate any leaks or signs of it previously? … Told them it seemed like there was air in the lines after the fluid was added and probably just needs to be bled to remove the air, but I just don’t have the time to do it myself presently. Plus, bleeding brake lines is a two man job and can be a pain, especially if you break one of those bleeding screws, which is prone to happen on vehicles that haven’t had it done in a while. Those damn screws will snap off easily if they’re seized on there by rust, etc. And they can be a major pain to remove once that happens. … So I would much rather they do this in their shop in case this happens, because I don’t recall ever bleeding them before on her vehicle, so there’s a good chance the bleeding screws could be a hassle to loosen.

(back and doublin' down) #1119

car repairs screw with us! Being single, it’s one of my worst nightmares. V is lucky to have you on it and taking care of her. Good job!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1120

This is exactly why I took auto shop in high school, so I could communicate with mechanics. It’s a protection if you get a bad one, and a delight when you get a good one.

(back and doublin' down) #1121

I moved to a rural area of Colorado about two years ago with a fairly new vehicle. A few weeks ago, had my first mechanical problem. When I first approached the local shop, they said VW? nahhh, you’ll have to take it (50 miles away). That shop gave me an estimated 3 week wait time for an appointment. EEEK…I was in shock. 3 shops later, same news. The local NAPA parts place had a clerk that had pity on me and walked over to the local shop and told them she thought it was just a loose hose (I’d gone off the road in a snowstorm and plowed through some pretty deep stuff). They agreed to take a look and ended up fixing it for me, and the guy was super nice. I told them I was already shopping for a new vehicle/different brand so I could get local help. He told me I had a good vehicle and agreed to help me in the future. So I’m calm now for a bit, but still anxious. Thinking of switching to a truck/4WD by early summer, and a brand I can be sure the local shop will touch.

Thanks :slight_smile: I don’t have a problem working on cars, since I always done most of my own work myself, even building a couple 1970 Chevelle’s back in the day. … it’s just nowadays I basically don’t have the free time and with the new stuff having so much junk on them, they’re not as straight forward as they used to be, which really sucks. - But I also took Mechanics and Bodywork in school as well. So have done a bunch of both over the years. :slight_smile: