Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Thanks, and she is. I actually made her some Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and a few pieces of Bacon before I made my meal… and of course, than the Pups. :slight_smile: :+1:

What you mention… Sounds like a plan, and again, quite on par with my thinking as well…

This is also spot on thinking too. The only thing I did when I mostly did OMAD, (Which I also enjoyed most as well) was to do OMAD during the weekdays which worked better on work days, and TMAD on Weekends. This kept me from doing OMAD too much, since they do say OMAD for long periods can or will cause your Metabolism to slow down. But I’ve been doing more say 50/50 lately for the week, and I actually feel like I’m holding onto meals more these days as well. Been feeling it in my stomach area, like I’m slightly bloated, apposed to that empty feeling I’ve always enjoyed so much. … So I am thinking that the Fasting really helped with that empty feeling I’ve been lacking lately. Though I’m sure there’s some who might say the size of my meals might be an issue, I’ve never found this to be the case and if anything, I’ve always eaten this way and lost weight the entire time. Lack of meals in between probably helped me with digestion too and especially with the lack of foods in general. (Already told the wife I was actually going to incorporate less meals again, both OMAD & Fasting to see if this helps with that slightly bloating feeling, since our food choices haven’t changed much lately either.

(Jody) #1024

EXACTLY!! Couldn’t have said it better myself. LIke I said, it isn’t affecting clothes (I actually just sized down all my underwear, dress pants and jeans) but I have a full / bloated feeling. Glad i’m not the only one. lol

(Virginia ) #1025

Thanks Jody, doing a little better. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1026

I am concerned with both of you and your son not feeling well for so long =(. I wondered if the well water is okay, etc. My friends with well water had issues and had to get it fixed.

(Virginia ) #1027

Thanks Susan. :slight_smile: But I’m doing ok, I think it was just something I ate. Our water is fine… we had everything tested before we bought our house. Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1028

Okay, I have just been worried, since Dave, you and your son have seemed to get sick like a lot =(. I hope that you are all getting better now =).

(Virginia ) #1029

Yes, thank you. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1030

That is good =).

Actually, I think I only got sick just a couple weeks after getting out of the Hospital, (Not including my Knee issues I had) and think V has only been ‘Properly’ sick twice this year? (Which I still believe were both food related, since she only got sick right after eating something and it didn’t last too long) Our Son though, did catch something and he was Sick for nearly 2 weeks with it. (And we tried our best to keep from getting it from him too) … Most times when I’m feeling blah or just not too well, it’s usually related to my sinuses, or simply, congestion. But I’ve always had these issues, though it does appear they have gotten a bit better after switching over to this WOE/WOL. But I do still have these issues from time to time though, especially with weather changes. But hell, it could just simply be allergies? :thinking: :+1:

(Susan) #1032

Okay, that is good to know =). I just want you all to be healthy and well =).

No worries, appreciate it. But actually, V reminded me during dinner tonight that she was actually the one that got sick right after I got out of the Hospital. And then I remembered I felt a little bad, since I told her she probably contracted something coming over to see me every night when I was there. (Which, by the way, I kept telling her not to do since I didn’t like her driving home alone) But she did get sick and then of course, I got sick while taking care of her. Which is usually the case anyway. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #1034

You two are so sweet together as a couple, I love seeing that =). I am glad that you are both feeling a lot better now as well; and your son too =).

Week 68: Showed another +3 lb. gain this morning, but that actually doesn’t surprise me, since I drank an absolute ton of stuff last night. It was just one of those nights where I felt like I couldn’t get enough to drink. (It happens…) But for the record, I also realized I’ve been drinking a lot more Iced Tea these days too. (last 2 or 3 months maybe?) - I do enjoy water itself and drink that mostly overall, but there are times where I will find myself reaching for Tea over Water, and I think when I do this I also usually start seeing some other trends too. … Not unsurprisingly, first and foremost, are restroom visits. Though this is normal for urination, I also seem to find it might aid in minimizing bowel movements, or should I say, it might play a role in helping with leaning toward constipation? (This is just my personal opinion, based off how it appears to affect me.) But I’ve also not been doing Keto-Aids each morning, with the lack of Fasting as of late. - So the combination, or aid, of these two things… I somewhat feel like I’m holding onto meals much longer as of recent and this may also be coming into play as far as weight? (Though I have not had extreme constipation or anything like that, I have noticed the difference here lately and just wanted to mention that this might be leaning me that way some.)

Again, I just weigh each week for record keeping purposes, but don’t put too much though into it. But it is strange how some things can and will affect us when you start watching things more closely. I might just forego Iced Tea a while after today, (or very much limit it) and also go back to drinking Keto-Aids each morning when not Fasting, just to see if it does make a difference? Because though I don’t have a set goal weight in mind, or put too much thoughts on it, I can indeed afford to loose more but it’s more out of curiosity to be honest. If anything I might learn something, and that’s always fun. :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1036

Dave, I’m stopping by to say I love your new avatar pic. It’s fits so nicely in the circle and surrealism is my favorite type of art. I just love it!

(Susan) #1037

It is great that you are figuring it all out, Dave. Your charts are really great at letting you know where you are at. Best wishes for getting back on track =).

Thanks, it was just one of those bored scribbles I did a while back, then decided to push it to a full render image. I started thinking it might work nice as an Avatar :slight_smile: … But I did have to modify the image’s canvas size to get it to fit better in the circle, so yes Ma’am, good eye. :wink: … I’ll post the original image when I get back home today. I cropped off some of the bottom. Thanks

Thanks, Susan. I just like to drop in any observations when I do think about them, and yep, the chart does indeed show ya things. - Don’t get me wrong, I can still afford to drop more weight, and wouldn’t mind that at all. But I also don’t like to let it drive me. The hope has always been to just enjoy this WOE/WOL and not think too much on it. But you do start seeing things after time though. :slight_smile:

Actually forgot to post the original Avatar Image. It started out as a simple doodle, then the Eye-Scream idea just popped in my head, so rendered it up as an Avatar. :slight_smile: Didn’t go too detailed with it.

Week 69: Showed a -5.5 lb. loss for this week, so I’m guessing it might well have been water-weight as I thought the week before since I haven’t changed anything really. I did another small Fast of 42 hrs. this week, but then again, I Fasted 44 hrs. the week before with the 3 lb. gain. So it’s still strange. :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #1041

Kinda weirds me out a bit! Maybe as I have just started working in the Eye Surgery unit :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1042

I like the gums and under the tongue tendon. Thanks for sharing. Very nice!

If I had to caption it: "AAAahhh, why am I not in someone’s head? How did I get out here?