Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1002

Even when I was low carb but in and out of ketosis I was able to fight the bugs off. Now keto even better.

Is it the inflammation reduction taking the stress off the immune system so it can better fight the external invaders?

It is real for me.

I guess it’s just one of those things that happens, where you can’t pinpoint what the issue/s might be? I still feel fine now, but think what I had and my Son has was different since he’s still under the weather. But mine was more of a hit-and-run type thing. … Actually just watching the rest of the Manchester City game, then plan to make a Breakfast Pizza. :yum: I made some pan sized ones last week that turned out pretty good. Plan on making a cookie sheet size this time, with Bacon, Sausage and Pepperoni.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1004

So Siobhan Huggins talk at ketofest has some information about the role of the immune system and insulin - hints in here for immune health and keto long term. https://youtu.be/cD-TnAp1ZgQ?t=9811

Thanks, Eric. Will check it out as soon as I can sit down for a moment. :slight_smile:

Damn, I actually forgot to post my weekly update… Been a bit busy as of late…

Week 63: Showed a big ole’ +6.5 lbs. for this week, but Hell, the good, and big, meals I ate the last couple days beforehand probably made up most of that in just meal weight alone. :yum: :smile: - Plan to do some OMAD’s this week too and possibly some Fasting. But if not, next week for sure. … I just don’t like Fasting on weekends, since it’s the best time to work on recipes and eat some good meals with the family. But I guess I could still do some OMAD’s instead of the normal TMAD I usually do on weekends.

Week 64: Haven’t been around too much lately, being I’ve been quite busy. Showed a 1 lb. loss for this week, and to be honest, I can’t even start to say how much liquids I have drank in the past week, much less the passed two days. … Spent most of this weekend out in the heat, stripping off Shingles and tar paper from a double overhang I have on the back of the house, over the backdoor basement steps. But the wood underneath had too much water damage for my liking, so spent today ripping all that off and installing the new plywood. (wouldn’t have been as bad if they didn’t install it before the windows, which made it quite fun to remove without pulling the entire window frames out.) But it’s done now and I have it covered in plastic to finish it up next weekend. (calling for rains all this coming week, and didn’t want to leave the new wood exposed to the elements.) Actually thinking of Fasting this week.

Great job sticking to Keto! I’m on week 61 myself.

Sounds like you have been busy! Not sure where you are, but in the eastern US it’s been HOT. At least it’s been warmer than I like it, but then, it IS August, so all is normal. :smile:

(Failed) #1009

That’s a beautiful Haruni! I’ve made several, it was my first time knitting lace. I just love that pattern.

Thanks, and yeah, Eastern US here too. Maryland to be precise. … Wouldn’t have been as bad over the weekend with some winds at least, but apparently they decided to go elsewhere. :smile: Said it was a heat index of 100+, but felt more like 300+ around my burn barrel where I was burning all the removed wood that I replaced. But at least it’s done. Thanks again. :+1:

Week 65: Bit under the weather, mostly just head congested. But forgot to post yesterday’s results. Showed a 2 lb. gain for this week, but I’ve actually felt quite stuffy most of this week. Hoping this week is a bit better.

Thanks. … Think it’s just sinus issues acting up? Much as I hate it, I’m taking some more Zyrtec now, so hope it helps. Still doing OMAD presently.

(Susan) #1014

Since you have not been feeling like yourself for quite some time; I am worried, and think maybe you should have a check up to make sure you are okay. You, Virginia and your son have all been sick for a while? Maybe you should get the well checked or something? I know I am a worrier, but just so you are okay =).

Thanks, but yeah, it’s only been off and on a few times, but I can tell ya most of mine is probably Sinus related. I’ve always had sinus issues, especially during change of weather, working in/around a lot of dust or if I’m in and out of the heat and cold constantly. … But it has been a bit crazier this year though.

(Susan) #1016

Okay, well I hope that you all feel better soon, take care.

Week 67: Well I actually forgot to post last weeks results, but there’s really not much going on lately. I’m back down the 1.5 lbs. I showed as a gain last week, so it’s been pretty much the same as it has been for the past couple months. I’ve had a lot going on, so have been staying busy with work & home.

(Jody) #1018

It’s REALLY strange.

I see you took a pretty decent weight gain on 8/11 … I also, on that SAME DAY, took about a 5 lb (2.27 kg) gain! :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

I am also doing the same as you in that I am bouncing around a couple of pounds but just can’t seem to get it to go away. I have been fighting some kind of chest/head congestion/cold-ish sort of thing, but I am finally getting rid of the cough. I am hoping when that goes away … so will the weight. I will say that I don’t notice anything different in clothes or anything so that’s good.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1019

Illness seems to brings inflammation which results in weight gain but for me it is temporary.

(Jody) #1020

That happens to me as well … but it seems to just keep lingering on. lol

Is it indeed… especially since I’ve been dealing with very similar issues you mention below. I’ve had that congestion and cold-ish sort of thing hanging around for a few months as well? And I too am just starting to feel like it might be finally going away. :crossed_fingers:

Yep, and if I recall correctly, I was feeling a little more crappy around that time too, so I figured it the same as Eric mentions, how illness will bring along inflammation. … But overall I’m feeling fine, but I’ve actually been taking Zyrtec from time to time, which seems to help. But I really hate taking any meds.

Actually, I’m home today after being up most the night with the Wife. Apparently she must have eaten something that didn’t agree with her, and not 30 minutes after I went to sleep, I woke with her being quite ill. One of those issues where your body decides it doesn’t like something you’ve introduced. But it was over 2 hours later before she was finally feeling well enough to get some sleep. So I didn’t get back to sleep myself until around 2:30-3am. So got back up at 5am and decided to just take the day.

To be honest, though I have been bouncing around a few pounds for a while now, I also think I’ve been just enjoying this WOE/WOL without really thinking too much about it. (Like what you mentioned not long ago, where you said you found you were simply going along having TMAD out of maybe just routine, more then just eating when you feel you want something. - I think this has been me as well as far as that goes.) … Maybe this is part of it as well? I can’t say for sure. But I haven’t been carbing up or anything, but I have been busy at work and even had some workouts I’ve done, so just going through the motions. - I also haven’t been Fasting much either. Not because I don’t want to, but mostly things just getting in the way, obligations with family and just spending time with the wife and enjoying times. … But also since she’s been having issues with Fasting herself, sometimes I feel I would rather just join her in some meals then Fast while she’s having those issues. I mean, I’ve done some smaller Fast, but nothing past two days lately. - I personally still think she’s finding it harder now that she is down to a weight that is closer to where her body likes, and has less to work with. … But either way, she will get back to it when her body decides it’s time. :slight_smile:

(Jody) #1022

Sorry to hear @DoggieMom isn’t feeling well. I hope she gets better.

When I went Carnivore, I stopped the allergy medications I was taking, but with this cold-ish thing, I have reintroduced them to see if it helps (doesn’t seem to have). I am getting over the congestion and the cough is finally getting better as well.

As far as the eating, I am moving back to OMAD as I think the TMAD is just me wanting to eat and enjoying it. I didn’t really feel hungry, but I was fine to eat. OMAD has me actually hungry by dinner and I think that will be a better scenario. (I might still TMAD on occasions like Sunday lunch w/ family after church).

I am not disappointed with the weight loss or health benefits I have ALREADY gained, but I would like to keep it moving … and you and I both know it takes shaking things up now and then. For this round, I am going back to OMAD (as mentioned) and, for now, I am cutting dairy … mainly cheese. That is my kryptonite and I unconsciously snack on it WHILE making dinner. (one for the burger, one for me … some for the Chaffle, some for me). Hopefully between that and [hopefully] getting over this cold-ish thing, I can get things moving along again!