Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

(Susan) #982

Happy Keto Anniversary to you Dave, and I am glad that you and Virginia had a great time at your reunion last night, that must have been very cool seeing people that you hadn’t seen for 35 or so years.

(Virginia ) #983

Nice :slight_smile:

Yes I did. :slight_smile:

Only two… lol

(Susan) #984

Maybe Dave had more than 2 and that is why his memory of how many you had is foggy, hahaha.

(Virginia ) #985

Hahaha , :joy::rofl: Good one, but actually Dave don’t drink, not unless he sneaked one when I wasn’t looking.

(Susan) #986

Ohhh okay, sorry I just thought that might have been the reason. I guess he saw you having such a great time, that he just guessed you had more then the two, hehe =). I am glad that you both had so much fun though =).

(Virginia ) #987

It’s ok. No, he knew I only had two and the way the guy made them that’s all I needed… I don’t drink often either. Last time before this was about a year or maybe a little longer and I only had one then…lol So it doesn’t take much for me…lol

(Susan) #988

The last time I had any was April, next time will be October, and will just be a couple as well. I rarely drink, just at our special concerts.

(Virginia ) #989

Same here, on special occasions and still most of the time I don’t then.

Yep, you do indeed. :slight_smile: They also like to sneak up on ya too. :smile:

Thanks, Susan. And yes, it was indeed. Was nice to get caught up and it turned out to be quite a nice evening indeed. … But no, I don’t drink at all myself. I only did for a few years growing up with that crazy bunch in my teens. But it was just never my thing, or any of that Wacky stuff either. :slight_smile: Though I did usually catch a contact from just being around it at times. :dizzy_face: … They even used to say I would be higher then they were, since they were used to it and I wasn’t. But I can definitely confirm someone getting a contact from just being in the same room with it! :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #991

:+1:

I mentioned this in another thread, but for some reason I started having some stomach issues last night and can’t figure out why? TBH, I actually felt good, or even great really, so I’m thinking it may have just been something that I ate that my stomach just didn’t agree with? Gave me some issues for about an hour before bed, then hit me again this morning. But again, felt just fine? … So I just took the day off, and after eating a meal with V, been working in the basement and outside all day long with no issues. So it kind of has me baffled, since I didn’t end up feeling bad at all, not even a little? Just noted it here.

(Susan) #993

I am sorry that you are feeling poorly again; especially as you and Virginia just got over a flu like thing… =((.

Do you think you should maybe go and see the doctor?.. since you were ill, and then okay and now sick again?? I just want you to be okay is all, and I tend to be a worrier, just a thought…

I hope that you feel better soon though =).

Thanks, Susan. - But that’s just it… as I said, I really don’t feel bad? I honestly feel quite good overall.

It’s more like something was in one of my last meals that was bad, or at least, my system didn’t want anything to do with. (V even mentioned this as well) If it were to continue, I would definitely speak with our Doctor, whether at her office, or just around the house since we see each other nearly every day. … But its quite odd, that I’ve always gotten signs of issues before they happen. Whether coming down with something like the Flu, where I usually get feelings a couple days before it sets in. Even stomach issues, I usually get a head’s up too. But this was different. If I had to describe it, it would be more like I broke a fast with the wrong foods, or something similar. But there was no sickness or nauseous feelings accompanying it, or lingered afterwards? Just came about, then… nothing? This is what I find strange.

:confused: … But will definitely be watchful over the next couple days. I actually just told V I might go back to Fasting until maybe Friday or Saturday. I was actually just starting a Fast when this happened and only ate because I didn’t want to start a Fast with an empty stomach. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

(Susan) #995

Okay =). I hope that you are feeling back to normal and well soon =).

You and me both. :slight_smile: :+1: Feeling fine at the moment though. Thanks

Some months (?) ago I woke up in the middle of the night with an urgent need to vomit. Felt perfectly fine otherwise so I just vomited & went back to bed. Perfectly fine the next day & it hasn’t happened since - was thoroughly random :woman_shrugging:

Yep, very similar indeed. I haven’t a clue as well, and just figure it was something I must have taken in that my system felt needed to be dealt with I guess? :confused: And so far I’m still feeling fine. :slight_smile:

That was my theory - whatever it was just kind of bounced back out of me & I was done :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, same here. … And oddly, my Son just had it happen to him yesterday? Came home wasn’t feeling well, so only ate a few bites of dinner, and put the rest away. Short time later he was having some major bathroom issues and even stayed home from work today. … Not sure? But we didn’t eat the same thing on the day before I got it as well? Maybe a coincidence?

Maybe we’re just better able to fight off/handle those weird 24 hour bugs :woman_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face: IIRC, when I had my episode my husband had eaten the same meal as me but didn’t get ill at all.