Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Well, my Son walked back out to his vehicle a short while after we got home, and while I was making the last Cheese Cake in my recent order, he came back to show we had a visitor… Guess you can call this one Thumper. But he can’t be but days old, so hopefully Mom comes back to pick him up. Since he could hardly walk, I’m guessing there’s a burrow somewhere nearby, probably under the bushes.

You can see how small he is compared to my mouse and keyboard…

V said he’s only 4 keys long! :smile: … Even though we put him back out, she said it’s her Bunny. :slight_smile: But a little while later, one of the larger ones was over by the vehicles, so she might be out looking for it since it was about the same location where he found this one.

(Jane) #962

Awwww… :heart_eyes:

(Jane) #963

We have a 1/4 mile gravel driveway up to the dirt road and then to the highway.

We drive it very slow - not because it is gravel because we keep it in good shape - but the critters. Deer jump out across the road. There are always bunnies where the blackberry bushes are and they dart out into the road fast. Then there are the slow turtles. Those I get out and move.

I spotted our beaver up in the driveway near the house the other day. I was driving and pulled up to the bottom of the hill (house on hill with gravel driveway all the way around it) and saw this rather large triangular lump sitting in front of the garage. I stopped and peered at it, trying to figure out what it was. When it moved off into the woods I saw his tail and there was no doubt.

(Susan) #964

Awww he is so adorable, I would want to keep him too… did his mom get him finally?

(Susan) #965

That must be really neat seeing all the animals. We have neighbourhood bunnies that are always hopping about. There always seems to be one of two of them in our backyard, and they stay there, even if we are sitting in the back. If Gabriella tries to chase them they hop away quickly, but she is pretty good now about just standing and and talking to them =).

We believe so… Way before it even got dark, there was a larger one standing in the same spot where it came from, but then again, we have a load of them here. But the ones that venture into the yard… do so at their own peril. We occasionally find a half one, or signs, if one of the Pups gets a hold of them. Not many things get away from the Hunter, Khaleesi though. She extremely quick and cunning. :slight_smile:

Thank you, LJ. And you’re quite welcome. :+1: … Yeah, I like sharing the animal pics when I can get them. I’ve always enjoyed animals and glad we do get so many here.

Accidentally posted this in the ‘What did you Keto today’ and V pointed this out, so just copying it here

Well, I didn’t feel like going back out in the heat, after showering and then eating… so I sent my Son to check the garden today. (A rarity since I usually do it) But he simply called me from out at the garden on his cell, saying he needed more things to help carry everything back. :flushed: So yep, ended up going out anyway and helping him haul it all back in. … Cherry Tomatoes and Tomatoes are really flowing now, and we’re still getting inundated with Yellow Squash. But the Zucchini’s are still coming in as well, and Egg Plants and Jalopena and Banana Peppers. Cucumbers are also still popping up.

(Susan) #969

It looks really beautiful, that is awesome. Do you blanche and freeze a bunch for winter, like @Janie does?

(Doug) #970

Multiple Trips! :angry:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #971

We live on a creek and the beavers have made a dam in my next door neighbor’s back yard. It is an amazing dam. I never see the beavers. They felled a tree in a neighbor’s yard that was very large and it fell between two trees and just missed the house. Experts they are.

Week 60: Was thinking of Fasting through the weekend and into this week, but I really hate to Fast before weighing in. So I went ahead and had some nice meals, and that probably added to the 2.5 lb. gain I showed for this week. But I did have some big meals though. :yum: … But I was also not real active this past week either. So we’ll see how the next week goes.

(Virginia ) #973

Yes you did. :slight_smile:

That you did. :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

Week 61: Shows another -2 lbs. for this week, but that seems to be the norm as of late. - To be honest, I’m just continuing what I’ve been doing, and not paying too much attention to it all, but overall feeling a lot better than I had been the past few weeks. … Actually spent half the day or so yesterday designing a new Shed that I want to build, and worked up the layout I want. - The one that was here when I bought the place was ok, but it has seen better days and the Carpenter Bee’s have done a number on it over the years as well, boring into the wood and all. Just need to fine-tune the plans some, then work up the needed materials list I’ll need. … I’m hoping to get to building it sometime soon here. Probably in the next month or so? Will have to see if I can get started on it, plus I enjoy building things.

(Virginia ) #975

WTG!!! Love you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

Thanks, love ya. :kissing_closed_eyes:

(Susan) #977

When you replace it, please put bee boxes up for the mason bees. (We call them blue orchard bees here). They pollinate 10x as well as an ordinary honey bee, and have other virtues as well.

Edit: I just realized you said carpenter bees, not Mason bees. There is a difference, sorry.

(Jessica) #978

Love seeing the bounty from your garden! Wtg on the loss!

@xsuebeex Yeah, the Carpenter’s are the big (Bumble-Bee) looking ones and they love boring into wood to nest and they can do a number on stuff like sheds, etc. It’s why I usually use treated wood. :slight_smile:

@jessOTR Thanks, Jessica. But yep, this year the Garden’s been doing quite well indeed. :slight_smile:

Week 62: Well, showed a -1 lb. loss for this week, which was nice. Also went to a Reunion last night with a bunch of friends that I grew up with. Most I hadn’t seen in 35 or more years. Was nice to get to catch up some and see how everyone was doing. - V only knew a couple of them from seeing them with me, but knew most of the others just in name. And she even had some cousins there. But she had an absolute blast, and that in itself was well worth the trip. :slight_smile::+1: Only thing is she had some White Russians that kept hanging out with her, but they actually helped with her good time. :smile:

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #981

Heh, whatcha out for those mysterious foreigners! :wink::grin: