Dairy and hunger?

Hey folks, I’m currently experimenting with feasting and fasting and I’m aiming to do 2-3 24 hour fast periods per week. I’ve noticed on a couple of occasions when I’ve eaten a lot of cream and cheese the day before a fast I’ve been super hungry the next day to the point of abandoning the fast, whereas if I’ve been cheese free the day before I have no problems. Has anybody else experienced dairy having this effect?

(Sierra) #2

I haven’t with dairy but I have with aspartame. If I get any aspartame in a cough drop or a small candy even I have an insatiable appetite for the next 30 hours or so. I’ve also noticed that if I have any stevia or swerve in my coffee or tea on fasting days I’m much more hungry. As far as dairy, it has a known insulinogenic affect on the body and I would wonder if that impacts your hunger the next day. IDK.

(eat more) #3

this came to mind. (in context this was in response to taking in fat while fasting)

Have you tried starting out with 1 or 2 24h fasts per week for at least a few weeks in a row, to see how you do with that?

I’m listening to my body and have only had bad hunger pangs after eating dairy. I’ve regularly eaten two meals per day for the past few months so it’s just switching things up and getting over the last mental hurdles to full on IF.