Crustless Pizza (aka Sausage Crusted Pizza) - ode to Lou Malnati's

pizza

(Dom DePlume) #5

Holy crap, dude! That looks on the edge of pizza P0RN!

(Dee) #6

WOW!! Love at first sight…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::yum:

(Tom Seest) #7

It’s so purty!!!

(Todd Gamel) #8

Looks awesome! I have a similar recipe on my keto food blog…I love this recipe more than any of the other that I make, but occcasionaly I just place a small amount of sauce in five small circles on the cookie sheet and top them with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni and bake for 10 mins. Got the idea from just eating the toppings off a delivery pizza.

(Sophie) #9

Got mine in the oven as I type… :heart_eyes:

(Sophie) #10

Ok, I did out my own spin on this but basically followed @fischersd’s directions and it was a huge hit here!
I used 1lb mild Italian sausage and 1lb plain sausage to which I added some Italian seasoning. I did follow the technique for making the “crust” right down to the oat fiber and using the plate to drain the oils. I think this was really important and I’m glad I did it. The oat fiber seems to add some stability to the meat base. My pizza toppings consisted of…pepperoni (No, I didn’t count them), red bell pepper, black olives, fresh mushrooms, red onion, mozz cheese and anchovies! (Yes, I adore those salty little bastards ). I also used Rao’s sauce since I had it on hand and didn’t feel like messing with the pizza sauce tonight. I baked according to directions and broiled for about 3mins to finish off. All I can say at this point is that it was fuckin fabulous! Screw all the fill in the blank-head crusts, this stuff is going on my regular rotation! :smile: Thanks @fischersd for working on the recipe and @miketo for gettin the ball rolling.

What did you Keto today?
(Steve) #11

That looks AWESOME Sophie!! So glad you’re enjoying it!! :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

Kevin Mountain
@NativeKetoMan
Bookmark this.
I think you should make this your project.

(Tim) #13

I made this last night for my (mostly) non-keto family and got huge raves all around. Thanks for posting!

(Raj Seth) #15

Ive been drooling about this since I first saw the recipe - but had to wait :sob::sob::sob: till I could make it at home (darn work!!)

I’m making it today. I will substitute psyllium husk for oat fibre (its what I have)
Hopefully I will post pictures.

(Terri) #16

Thanks for sharing so much detail! It looks absolutely delicious!

(Ashley) #17

Anybody in US know where to get oat fiber?

I see it on both the Walmart and Amazon websites…

(Jen) #19

So I think it’s safe to say the psyllium husk worked? Looks awesome!

(Ashley) #20

Thanks I’ll look at Walmart tomorrow!

It’s on the Walmart website, but I don’t think it’s available in their stores…

(Sharon) #22

https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/ketogenicforums/uploads/default/optimized/3X/0/1/0128bd8468b866dd09ded5ce1e36ba903f8e69f7_1_374x500.jpeg

Looks really good!

(Ashley) #23

Dangit, Amazon it is then

BTW, it’s easy to make a quick sausage crust pizza at home:

Microwaved sausage patty meatza

• Thaw out one or more frozen sausage patties in the microwave
  • Add some spices – smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, …
  • Add Rao’s marinara sauce and topping – diced onions, mushrooms, …
  • Cover with shredded Italian blend cheese or Mozzarella cheese
  • Microwave for a minute or so, depending on how many you made

(Raj Seth) #25

It came out delish!! And boy was it filling. It was a 12” skillet, and the four of us could only have 1/2 the pie. 1/8 each. That includes two 18-19 yr old boys.
Only thing I would change is add more tomato sauce
As for psyllium husk - I don’t even know if it matters. I will do the next one without any fiber added