Coffee! How to make bulletproof coffee properly?

(Leon C) #21

Would this type of coconut oil be what I’m looking for? Have also been looking to cook with coconut oil but haven’t ventured away from cooking in butter, yet. Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 500ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E9VXD9G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_l76AAb4DPC32H

(Leon C) #22

The cinnamon and cashew milk addition sounds absolutely glorious! I’ll add they to my shopping list for tomorrow. Any particular brand you like to use? I’m in the UK so, chances are we won’t have similar brands available but worth a look.

(Ethan) #23

hemp milk is a personal favorite of mine, too.

i use silk brand and it’s unsweetened. almond milk will work too as long as it’s unsweetened but i think cashew is a little more creamy.

(CharleyD) #25

I cook with that, just Walmart store brand.

It’s really very easy, QUALITY coffee, not stale crap in a can for $3. Fresh ground at the correct grind for however your brewing it (makes MUCH more difference than people realize). GOOD grass fed butter. The absolute MOST important a GOOD MCT Oil, crap MCT oil tastes HORRIBLE! If you slug a tablespoon of it and it tastes bad, don’t put that crap in your coffee, it should have near zero taste, just be oil. It takes some playing around with to get right for your tastes. When I first started I bought the bulletproof branded MCT Oil at the time and it tastes like garbage, no clue what they do but it destroyed anything it touched. Then started looking into better ones and haven’t looked back.

Same EXACT crap, half the price! Can’t go wrong. Got 3 in the fridge!

(Pete A) #28

I love this post so many delicious ideas! I simply buy the Walmart brand of Coconut oil (organic, unrefined, exseller pressed). Getting that pure, saturated, tasty fat is the goal which is what led me to put it in coffee.

The chocolate square doesn’t melt well, but that works as it gives it a pleasant chunkiness :grinning:

Excellent to point this out @Dipper_Actual! Most use the fatty coffee as more of a meal replacement vs beverage in addition to a keto meal.

(Mike W.) #30

2x2x2 BPC
2 tbsp Heavy cream
2 tbsp Kerrygold butter
2 tbsp Coconut oil
12 oz GOOD coffee.
Blend in Nutribullet

(Darlene Horsley) #31

My fav is
a good coffee,
HWC 2 T.
VIRGIN coconut oil 1 T.
Butter 1 T
tsp of vanilla extract
Couple of shakes of Ceylon Cinnamon or ground Nutmeg and sometimes both.
1/4 t. Truvia
Blend with a stick blender and savor!

(Elizabeth Ikerd) #32

I usually do BPC with Coco oil and butter, with a dash of HWC, but I am not doing well with the HWC right now. So this morning I did something that turned out incredible!
I had heard that a raw egg yolk (it cooks in the hot coffee) makes your coffee creamy and frothy.
This will be my go to addition from now on!

(What The Fast?!) #33

I’d like to add that if you don’t want to add a ton of fat, you don’t have to. I use 1tsp or a half Tablespoon of either coconut oil, butter, OR MCT oil. It’s still creamy. :slight_smile: My preferred sweetener is erithrytol.

(Jan) #34

@Dipper_Actual, thanks for that ACV article. Very interesting! I’ve heard anecdotal tales about ACV, but never looked for any real science. I’m going to start using it more. Goin’ after that dratted insulin resistance with a vengeance…

(Troy) #35

Hi…

Does the powder dissolve in Iced coffee?
Do you use the quest brand?

Even if it “ somewhat “ dissolves I’m fine w that :slightly_smiling_face:

Especially for on the go convenience at Starbucks etc

I want to try MCT oil. Just not a huge fan hot coffee
So perhaps the powder maybe

Just wondering if you tried it or if it’s a known answer thanks

(Ethan) #36

Yes, mostly with stirring.
Yes.

Hey @LeonC
Sounds like you’ve being making so many great choices-well done on all you’ve achived so far!

I’m only new to Keto, but in case it’s encouraging I wanted to share that I had sugar in my coffee for 20 years and couldn’t stand Tom even drink it without it. Until BPC! I forced myself to try it a few times with no sugar. I added double cream and coconut oil, and made a deal,with myself that I could have as much cream as I wanted as long as I didn’t add sugar. After a few days, I honestly didn’t miss the sugar in the coffee! You might experience this too, as weird as it’ll sound now. For me, the coffee having a nutty and very creamy flavour seemed to be different enough from ‘normal’ coffee that it wasn’t lacking in the sweetness. And to be honest, I think it tricked my brain into seeming more like some fancy Starbucks flavoured coffee that usually does have lots of sweetener or sugar in it.

Good luck. Hope you have fun playing around with different variations til you find your own delicious signature BPC!

I have come up with the following recipe over the past few months and love it.

24oz hot decaf coffee
1tsp ghee
1 tsp mct oil
1 scoop (1Tbs) collagen protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Blend for 10-seconds and it is like a creamy cinnamon dulce latte. :+1:

3 weeks on the plan and I started out using 1/2 & 1/2 but have switched to a small amount of HWC w/ a tiny amount of stevia. I find that I am drinking a lot less coffee now than I did pre-keto; probably because I was having really large lattes and mochas. Strangely enough, I don’t miss them1!