Clotted cream

Does anyone else eat clotted cream straight with a spoon :face_with_hand_over_mouth:? I was feeling quite full and sick but am currently trying to eat a surplus so I had a teaspoon of clotted cream to get an easy source of energy before bed. However, one spoonful turned into six - who else finds clotted cream delicious on its own? I never liked cream and used to trim all visible fat off my meat before a ketogenic diet, now I’m finding I crave these sources of fat so much and end up eating the fatty meats my family don’t want. It’s incredible how much a ketogenic diet alters food preferences!

(bulkbiker) #2

I tend to use a finger… saves on washing up!

(Donna-Rae Crowell) #3

I’m going to pick up a jar on my way home this afternoon and try it. I have used it in smoothies before.

(Jody) #4

I so want to try this after I heard 2 dudes talking about it on an old podcast. I just don’t know if my grocery carries the non ultra pasteurized cream. I would totally eat this with a spoon!

(Jeramy Koval) #5

I think it’s illegal in some states. But I believe you can order it online and have it delivered.

(Karim Wassef) #6

mmmmmm DIY clotted cream

GodDAMMIT! Now you’ve made me want some clotted cream. Pronto. And it’s Good Friday here and nothing is open, so I have to wait until tomorrow. Hope you’re happy now! ~pout~

(Donna-Rae Crowell) #8

If you live in an area where there is a Market Basket, they carry it.

(Jody) #9

You might be right! I live in the cheese state and I remember a few years back HUGE fights at the capitol about selling milk directly from a farmer was illegal. WTF. I have no idea where they landed. I NEED to find out, this clotted cream sounds AMAZING

('Jackie P') #10

OMG ever since I read this thread, I have turned into a clotted cream addict!
Now I eat it every day! But I tell you what - it’s an amazing appetite suppressant!
Used to have an occasional dish of blackberries and double cream, but now - who needs fruit!:star_struck:

Mmmm! Our Wegmans carries Devon Cream Company’s English Luxury Clotted Cream in the cheese shop with the fresh cheese and butters.

('Jackie P') #12

I’m wondering if there is such a thing as a clotted cream fast! Or maybe I will invent it!:yum: