Clogged ears plus ear pressure from Keto

(Giovanni Zapatero) #1

Has anyone experienced this and if so what did they do to fix?

I try to get the fat in my mouth, and avoid the ears entirely. J/K never heard of that.

might be something else? like an infection?

(Giovanni Zapatero) #4

Thank you for your response, No I have considered and checked out that factor. This happens every once in a while but always starts off when I wake up in the morning. Just strangeā€¦

Dairy is the only food that clogs my ears. Are you eating a lot of dairy?

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #6

A ketogenic diet per se, wouldnā€™t be causing this.
It is something else going on with what you are eating or other lifestyle factor,

(Giovanni Zapatero) #7

Hmm I have been eating low carb cheese sticks here and there but this has happened before that

(Giovanni Zapatero) #8

I was reaching out and not entirely sure but Iā€™m more inclined to think this has to do with electrolytes. I have noticed that it definitely is with my ears but also now reaches my head.
I thank you for your response

Dairy has hormones in it to grow a calf. These hormones increase sebum production.

(Giovanni Zapatero) #10

Noted, will take that into consideration

Thank you

(joanna lees) #11

Iā€™m getting the same thing. My ears feel like I need to ā€œpopā€ them all day today. I think it may be dehydration, but Im only on day 3! Just hope its not Corona!

I need to reply to this as well. Itā€™s happening to me, too, and itā€™s been that way all summer long. Iā€™ve been keto/LC since March. Drives me batty!

(Joey) #13

Your body is secreting mucous ā€¦ thatā€™s a good thing. ā€œBetter out than in.ā€

The extent to which this is a result of your change in diet is hard to discern. But letā€™s assume it is ā€¦ in which case Iā€™d suggest you consider that youā€™re benefiting from a slow and steady reduction in internal inflammation. :vulcan_salute:

I like the sound of that!

Also, it seems to happen more frequently when Iā€™m out walking, but it does happen when Iā€™m just sitting around although not as frequently.

(Neil) #15

It could be the weight loss due to Keto that is causing this, not the food youā€™re eating.

Thereā€™s at least one study on patients who had weight loss surgery and then experienced something like this. The hypothesis is that you lose the fat supporting your ear tube and so itā€™s no longer properly supported and can stop working properly:

Iā€™ve personally experienced something like what you describe. I find that lying down for a moment usually fixes it. It also comes and goes by itself if I leave it alone.

Thatā€™s very interesting. I am not in that BMI category as mentioned in the article, but I lost all my weight within 4 months (10%) so maybe that was just enough to set it off. Thanks for finding that article!

(Nic R ) #17

Omg this is happening to me too at first my left hurt so bad then it just felt clogged now both are getting clogged.

(Veronica grose) #18

Iā€™d look into your salt intake. High sodium diet can cause ear problems.

(Robin) #19

These posts are two years old.

(Robin) closed #20