Chocolate peanut butter bars VERY low carb by Zorn

Omfg look at these.

(Tracey) #42

How did you find out about steviaā€¦

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #43

My employer, IDM, found a few patients that had a significant insulin spike with stevia. So they no longer recommended it. It may be isolated incidents but Iā€™m not taking my chances with it. Until I do more self testing Iā€™ll just stay away from stevia for now.
I can tell you also that Iā€™m not an extremely rigid person. If my choice were Ace K aspartame or Stevia, I would take the stevia.

(Tracey) #44

I have tried to use stevia in home cooking and have ended up throwing absolutely everything I have made with it awayā€¦I just donā€™t like the tasteā€¦I have followed recipes for chocolate and various fat bombs from utube channels but to me they have all tasted terribleā€¦For home use I have found xylitol to be acceptableā€¦I use it in ice cream, fat bombs, sauces and really anything that requires a touch of sweetnessā€¦

(Jeanne Wagner) #45

Thank you for posting the pork rinds, Brenda. I keep hearing about them and I wasnā€™t sure if there were brands to avoid. I never eat them, so I donā€™t really know anything about pork rinds. Iā€™m very keen to try this recipe!! Peanut butter and chocolate is my very favorite combination!!!

Thanks @Brenda. I didnā€™t have almond extract so used vanilla. I also used butter with the chocolate as I seem to have developed issues with coconut oil. They rocked!
Thinking of making some pecan butter and using it instead of peanut butter, too.
Thanks again!

(Tara) #48

These bars are so amazing. Another delicious pork rind recipe. Thank you Brenda! :wink:
Brenda almost needs her own category for pork rind recipesā€¦

This was the first full-blown ā€œketo recipeā€ that Iā€™ve tried. They were really great. My brain said, ā€œA sweet dessert that has a base of pork rinds? yeck!ā€ But my mouth and tummy said, ā€œThis is crunchy peanut butter fudge and we love it.ā€

Thanks Brenda. Iā€™m gonna search for your other recipes now! :-):smile:

(Aimee Moisa) #50

Just wanted to say a three things:

I read this as saying ā€œDonā€™t be an idiot and use Jif. This is keto weā€™re doing after all!ā€ LOL
I think this would be dangerous for me personally, they look too good.
Iā€™d love to see a video of you smashing the ell out of the bag of pork rinds. :slight_smile:

(Mother of Puppies ) #51

Adding to my listā€‹:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: