Chocolate peanut butter bars VERY low carb by Zorn

That’s one way to destress! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Karen) #22

Don’t have a sweet tooth, but could grow one! Looks yum!

Thank you Brenda, oh, thank you!

(TJ Borden) #24

Made it today. I couldn’t find my 8x8 pan so I used a 9” pie round and served it like slices of pie. I made up some fresh whipped cream to top it off. It was AMAZING. I didn’t over do it. It’s so rich, one slice (I cut six slices) was plenty.

Thanks again for an awesome recipe Brenda.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

There kinda is with non caloric artificial sweeteners.
First, take a blood glucose reading. Do this several hours after a meal. Next, isolate the possible offender and injest. Alone. Mix in water is easiest. Test sucralose, aspartame, stevia, erythritol and maltitol. Etc. Individually.

Here’s the trick:
Watch for a blood glucose DROP.
Yes, I said DROP, by 10 or more points. This indicates a significant release of insulin.
I’d test every 30 minutes for two hours for an accurate reading.

(Patty W) #26

Thanks for the new recipe & tips on indirectly checking insulin response.

Is there ANYTHING that you can’t make with pork rinds? :blush:

(BTW, congrats on the new position with IDM, they are lucky to have you!)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

No, no there is not. Heh

And a sincere thank you :heart:

(Becky) #28

Oh cool! I think I will try to set a schedule to try out the sweeteners. Thanks for the instructions. In the meantime, I’m becoming suspicious of spam singles. I just started using them 2 weeks ago and I have been hungry and eating more often.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #29

They do contain a little bit of carbohydrate. Potato starch I believe. But who knows if they are causing a problem for you. Do some self-experimentation. If you really believe that’s what’s increasing your appetite cut spam out of your diet. But seriously if you are hungry you may just need to eat more fat! Most people don’t eat enough fat on keto.

Does anyone know of a pork rind brand that isn’t so salty?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

Buy chicharrones from a Hispanic grocery. They’re fresher also

Thanks Brenda!

(Steak and iron) #33

Dang it brenda, you’re the reason that pork rind prices are going up around me aren’t you?

(Athena) #34

Oh My Goodness! I made these today and I just had one. They are Fantastic! But it melted in my hands. Did I not wait long enough, or was I supposed to put them in the freezer? I put them in the fridge.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #35

The chocolate topping definately melts easily. I keep mine in the fridge too

OK. I admit I was a bit suspicious of the almond extract with the peanut butter. Did it anyway. Results? After tasting for sweetness, I was tempted to eat the entire bowl. My pork rinds weren’t crushed flour fine, but the dough has a nice crunch. Currently in frig before adding the chocolate.

Excellent and easy . Another pork rind masterpiece.

Thank you Brenda.

(Cathie Russell) #37

This looks amazing!

Oh, don’t forget to try other butters. Made some with homemade toasted hazelnut butter. Amazing!

(Candy Lind) #39

CAREFUL, @Brenda might take this as a challenge! :rofl:

(Candy Lind) #40

Funny, I ate some at lunch & was wishing they were saltier! :upside_down_face: