2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup rendered maple bacon fat.

Melt, mix, chill.

Fast/Feast cycling
Only keto folks would think of this
(Mark) #2

Sweet

(Brian Miller) #3

Where do you find the little molds to put them in?

(Trisha) #4

Can you send me some, please?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

@VoodooChum
Michael’s Crafts. It’s silicone. There are many online too

(Jessica K) #6

Those molds are so cute and tiny!!! I totally need ones that are that small.

(Charles Keezer ) #7

Going to render the bacon fat now! Killing me with all this goodness!

(Charles Keezer ) #8

I either suck at making this chocolate stuff, or have taste buds that are revolting. This tastes like licking the grease off the pan of freshest baked bacon… mixed with the bitterness of 100% cocoa!

I am not giving up, but it would be nice to get a taste somewhat close to real chocolate.

(Brian Miller) #9

I’ll let you know how my accident turns out. I had rendered “Applewood Bacon” instead of maple and I’m afraid this is going to taste woodsy after sampling some of the liquid mixture.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

That’s ok @Chuck. Tweak the recipe to your liking. There are people who find my “keto fudge” inedible too. I really believe it all comes down to individual tastes, because many many LOVE the keto fudge. KCKO and I hope you find a treat you like.

(Scott Shillady) #11

you say that like it’s a bad thing :bacon:

(Brian Miller) #12

The Applewood instead of Maple definitely produced a chocolate that was a little too woodsy for my liking. Trying a new batch later today I think.

(Genevieve Biggs) #13

Thank you for sharing!! I’ve been wondering if I could use lard for chocolate, and this recipe encourages me to try. Thank you!

(jilliangordona) #14

I’ve got lots of bacon fat saved up but no maple! Any tips of adding flavor without actually squeezing in syrup?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

There is maple extract you can purchase (careful, read the ingredients, some contain added sugars).
The last batch of chocolate I made had cinnamon for flavoring and butter instead of bacon fat.
Experiment!