Only keto folks would think of this

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #1

Sooooo, I decided to have a ‘Fathead Friday’ (although I used @carl’s recipe - but Carlshead doesn’t start with an ‘f’) and was gonna tweak the recipe to include bacon fat because I have an abundance of fat that needs to be consumed. First, I didn’t check the amount of grease I said I would mix in with the cheese and cream cheese - ended up putting TWICE the amount decided on. :open_mouth: But that is wasn’t the real ‘only a keto person would think of this’ part. Rather than using a second piece of parchment to roll out the dough - I greased my rolling pin with more bacon grease. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: LMBO!!!

It was greasy all together, but still tasty! I’ll do it again maybe next week. I’m working on a recipe that if it turns out, I’ll share. Well, if no one else has thought of and shared it.

(James storie) #2

I made a crust using pork rinds as the flour. It turned out great, but I’m not sure how nuch pork rind I used, I’m going to make it again soon and nail down a ratio that works and then post a recipe!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #3

@Brenda would love something like that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Waiting for that recipe.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

Please do!

(John) #6

Not that I didn’t know, but the other day confirmed I am fat adapted. I didn’t have much in the house to eat that didn’t require a bunch of cooking I didn’t feel like doing. I noticed some sexy Kerrygold just sitting there so I made a quick lunch, 2 tablespoons of butter.

(James storie) #7

Hahaha! I give you what I started with, I had to add more pork rind, not sure how much. My hands were a mess and my daughter dump some more in for me!

Hey @devhammer this is for you too!

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Thanks, I always have a couple of bags around the house, so will start here and see how it goes. I seem to remember a suggestion to gentle heat them up before adding them into recipes to get rid of the the “porky” taste. I love them straight up so might or might not try that. Once cheese hits them, they seem fine to me, I do nachos with them all the time now.

(James storie) #9

I could not taste the pork rind in the final product. It was great!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Y’all must not have seen my chocolates made with maple bacon grease. Lol

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #11

I’ve been using bacon fat in plenty of my cooking and even desserts. I’m not even sure how - I take that back, it started to accumulate when I was on that ‘fat fries’ kick. LOL

(Linda Miller) #12

I’m raising my hand - been guilty of that myself