Chocolate Cashew Butter Bars

(Ron D. Garrett) #1

Using the same recipe from our Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars I have made chocolate almond butter bars and NOW chocolate cashew butter bars. AWESOME!!! I did this since so many strict keto people avoid peanut butter.

Recipe

Chocolate Cashew Butter(CB) Bars

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
1 Cup of cashew butter
(Doesn’t have to be exact. I normally use a bit more :joy:)
1 1/2 cup of CONFECTIONERS erythritol (we use “Swerve”)

Directions:
-Melt butter for about a minute to a minute and half in the microwave in a large mixing bowl you want it to be very warm to hot as it helps the CB melt on down to be able to pour very easily.
-Add Cashew butter and confectioners Erythritol (Swerve) to the butter and blend using a hand blender.
Pour mixture into small pie pan, aluminum or whatever you have (no worries on this so don’t make it hard. We use our pans adding by rubbing a little melted butter all around like you do when “greasing” a pie/cake pan) and out directly into the freezer.

• wait about ten minutes so it can set and then make the topping.

Directions for topping

Ingredients:
-1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of Cashew butter
2-4 tablespoons of cacao powder (adjust your macros accordingly)
1/2 cup of confectioners (powdered) erythritol
1/2 teaspoon of salt

-melt a half stick of butter in the SAME bowl that you made the CB mixture in (one BOWL LOL)

-add 1/2 cup of Swerve (or confectioners erythritol) and two to four tablespoons of cacao powder (depends on your taste profile so just taste it and add or subtract until you get it). Blend the mixture. Add a half a teaspoon of salt and finish blending

Take the CB mixture out of the freezer (should be set by now) and pour the chocolate mixture over it. If it’s too thick to pour melt some more butter and blend some more but you can also simply spread it over the set PB mixture

Freeze for about an hour and enjoy. We keep ours in the freezer to that it’s hard like candy

(NOTE: I use “crunchy” for myself but do smooth for other people who may not like crunchy. ENSURE that you get a brand that is just ground almonds with nothing added ESPECIALLY sugar, corn syrup etc., to be perfectly Keto. If either mixture is too thick to pour simply melt some more butter, add it to the mixture and blend…never can go wrong with more butter :joy:. Lastly, I have not tried other nut butters as of yet but I plan to and if they are good I will put it out or if someone else does I’ll put it out also. You can also not even make the topping as my wife likes just the PB bars without it but I like the chocolate BUT I believe that just the topping can be frozen and made as a sweet little chocolate AB treat as well. You can also pour it into silicone molds for individual bars but just adjust the servings to the number of molds. Further, I would suggest that you adjust the ingredients up or down to YOUR taste and input into a calculator to find the macros for YOUR ingredients as mine are very approximate but should be very close. But if you are very strict then input the ingredients into a recipe on MFP or some other calculator to get strict macros. TBH i really don’t even measure anymore :joy:).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

For heaven’s sake, bro, you need to post a trigger warning when you post photos like these! Where am I going to be able to find cashew butter at this hour of the night, huh? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Ron D. Garrett) #3

:joy:. Bruh and what I forgot to relate here is that I had a hard time finding simply ground cashews. Everything has palm oil in it :joy:

I could have used this last night I was desperate for a chocolate/nut butter treat.

homer-simpson-drooling-cookies-i16

(Ron D. Garrett) #6

Taking some to work tomorrow for one of my keto mentees.

Is there cashew butter in the topping too? Or is CB something else.

(Ashley) #8

I think CB is cashew butter, sound like that’s how they got the cacao powder to have a chocolate texture. Going to try this tonight.

You are right. I just watched the video for the peanut butter ones. I want to make it too, but I can’t seem to find confectioners sweetener. I can make my own in a coffee grinder, but it’s so messy.

(cheryl) #10

MERCY ! that looks devine

Okay, I’m going to make the peanut butter version tonight. I feel like a reese peanut butter cup.

(Ashley) #12

Let me know how it goes!!

Delicious. I cut back the sugar because I thought the batter tasted too sweet, but now I wished I would have added a bit more. Peanut butter was a dangerous choice. I should have used a less carny nut because I’m gonna eat all of it.

I hope not :open_mouth:

(Ron D. Garrett) #14

Yes! I corrected it on FB but not here! Sorry!

(Ron D. Garrett) #15

:joy: IKR? Tastes soooo good that I can’t make it often :joy:

Amazing and simple!

(Ashley) #17

I couldn’t find cashew butter at my local store, might try a bigger store this weekend. Doing PB tonight, I got creamy and crunchy. Won’t be til super late so I’ll comment tomorrow on it! Looks good though!!!

Okay, if you are going to use muffin tins (the first pan I pulled out) maybe use mini ones. These are monsters. I think 1/4 of each will be my serving size.

(Ashley) #19

Interesting I didn’t even think of that, I have candy molds I’ll use next time

(Ron D. Garrett) #20

But they are BEAUTIFUL!!!