Chilequiles

breakfast
mexican
chilequiles

Here’s another Tex Mex breakfast favorite! So easy to prepare and really delicious! I use baby corn to replace the sliced corn tortilla in the original recipe. Baby corn to the rescue…again!! :corn::grinning:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Mexican salsa verde
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used havarti)
2 baby corn
Cholula hot sauce (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

The recipe uses salsa verde, a.k.a. Mexican green sauce. You can make it yourself, or buy it at the grocery store. Here’s what I used

Before you buy a salsa verde, check the ingredients, in case they sneak a lot of bad carby stuff. I noticed that this list was pretty good. Only bad thing really was the corn starch…but it was at the bottom of the list

Also always check the carb content. This looked pretty good to me

So I placed two baby corns and a block of havarti on the cutting board

I diced the baby corn and shredded the cheese

I added the salsa verde to the pan, turned heat on and let it cook a bit

I cracked two eggs into a small bowl and scrambled them

I then added the scrambled eggs to the salsa verde

Using a spoon, I slowly mixed the eggs around to cook them and incorporate the salsa

When the eggs were done, I added the diced baby corn and grated cheese, and blended everything together

I also added a few drops of Cholula, a Mexican hot sauce

Plating, with some avocado and fresh lime

The perfect bite

Show me yer eggs!
What did you Keto today?

You are just doing AMAZING things with that baby corn!!! Off the hook awesome…

(Georgia) #3

I’ve missed chilaquiles since going keto. Thanks for another great recipe!

Interesting sub of the fried corn tortilla strips with baby corn - creative indeed!

yeah…there are quite a bit of corn-based recipes that can be keto hacked. Baby corn is quite versatile in its chopped or pureed form… In this recipe, it works incredibly well.