Chicken Tenders Deep Fried by ZORN

tenders
tenderloin
porkrinds
breadcrumb

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Orgasmic Chicken Tenders.

You’re Welcome!

1 tablespoon mayonnaise with one egg and ground black pepper. Dip chicken breast strips in egg/mayo mixture. Crush pork rinds into fine crumbs. Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Mix. Roll mayo coated chicken breast strips in pork rind crumbs until fully covered. Deep fry 3-5 minutes(depending on thickness) at 365*F in Non-hydrogenated pork lard or beef tallow…
Moist. Crispy. Breading stays on in the fryer!

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
Keto food you would pay for that isn't available to purchase readily (for you)
What did you Keto today?
(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Seems like Orgasmic chicken should be accompanied by Sex on a Snow Bank

This drink was developed by a fellow Minnetonkan

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

Well…she claims the name.
I thought is was a good companion to the chicken.

(Erin Macfarland ) #5

I’m still trying to get past the use of of the word “orgasmic” to describe chicken :thinking:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

Well, if you miss deep fried things (especially fried chicken, I LOVED it!), this method will satisfy!!!

(Erin Macfarland ) #7

Ok good excuse to get out the new deep fryer and give it a whirl! Besides my husband eagerly agreed based on the name of the recipe :joy:

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #8

I’m doing some in a couple minutes. Experimenting with the coating above but just parm and seasonings for breading.

Turned out beautiful!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #9

Just made a batch. Only issue I ran into was that I didn’t make enough breading initially. For 3 chicken breasts, more breading and egg/mayo mix is needed.

Other than that, smashing success, and the whole family loved them!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

This is what I keep hearing. That kids/teens love them too. This makes me happy. A truly healthy fried chicken alternative.
Try cod too. It is FABULOUS!!!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #11

Just what my oldest asked for. He wants to try fish next. I think maybe chicken again, first, since I’m planning to re-use the oil. Fried in a combo of lard and avocado oil (mainly because I didn’t have enough lard to fully submerge the tenders).

But yes, fish is on the agenda.

I’m also thinking I may make up a large batch of pre-seasoned pork rind “breading” and toss it in the freezer to use whenever I need it. Should keep pretty well, I’d think.

(Morgan Rose) #12

Mayo!? And it stays on!! :thinking::thinking: oh man I’ll need to try this too

(Morgan Rose) #13

I just had an epic fail with mozzarella sticks :roll_eyes: of the breading not sticking when fried so that was super annoying lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

I have not tried mozzarella sticks.
Not so sure they’d work.
I’ve stayed with “breaded” chicken and fish.

(Morgan Rose) #15

Well I’m super excited to try mayo… did u have to freeze or could you fry right away

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

The chicken or fish? It was not frozen, no.

(Morgan Rose) #17

I apologize I asked that poorly. So for example with the mozzarella sticks all recipes said to bread them and then freeze them before frying…

So after u did the mayo and pork rinds did u freeze the chicken or fish right away? Or just throw it in the hot oil?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

With cheese you need to freeze first, but I have never tried it.

The chicken and fish are “breaded” and fried immediately. No freezing necessary.

(Morgan Rose) #19

Thank u so much! Appreciate your help and patience.

Hey there!

I’m late to the party with this one, but I’m wondering if anyone has tried this recipe and just shallow fried or grilled the chicken instead? I don’t have a deep fryer you see!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

There is no way to grill pork rind “breaded” chicken, but when I first developed this recipe a few years ago, I didn’t have a deep fryer so I shallow fried them in a cast iron skillet often! They also turn out great baked!