Chicken Pizza Crust Options

So I am going to try making this as I am not great with nut flours. I have seen a number of variations - with egg, with egg white, without egg, chicken mince, blended chicken (almost to a paste), drying the chicken out in the oven first, and so on.

What are your tried and tested for different outcomes - like thin & crispy, deep pan, etc.?

Pizza help
Show me yer fappin pizza already!
(Tom Seest) #2

The only recipe that I’ve tried without nut flower was a Pork Rind Crust that I thought was pretty good. However, I don’t have a recipe in mind. You should be able to Google and find one though.

(Bart) #3

That is the crust I make when I do pizza. I rather like it.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #4

I made the one on KKB FB group and luved the texture, but needed to up the crust flavor and I hated my sauce so I only posted a pic and not recipe yet. The texture is like a medium thick pizza dough, not “crisp” but handled like a thicker crust pizza, it was even better as leftovers! What did you Keto today?

This one looks crisp and what I’m trying next. What did you Keto today?

I can’t get the kind of pork rinds I need to do all the things that people do with them. Unfortunately.

(Carol Motsinger) #6

I tried using cooked chicken, canned, and blended with an egg to paste consistency. Cooked in a pan first then added toppings and baked. It did not hold together. Next time I will try raw ground chicken

(Kathy Meyer) #7

Buy on-line?

(Mike W.) #8

Want me to ship you a few hundred bags?

YES! I have looked online and not easy to get the kind you have. I can make what I think you call cracklins and I have also seen it online. The fluffy puffy ones though… nope. Any they are the ones you need for all these fab recipes I see. I love the idea of them, especially as nut flours seem to churn my guts somewhat.

I’ve tried this: http://cavemanketo.com/pounded-chicken-pizza/

You really aren’t trying to match the texture of a crust with that recipe, but the end result tastes pretty good and it’s very easy to make. I’d say, while I enjoy it, it does taste more like you “pizzafied a chicken” than “chickenfied a pizza crust” or something (or, depending on topings and sauce, maybe a bit like a chicken parm with pepperoni added on).

(Michelle) #11

Someone posted this on the recipes section (I think, can’t remember). Looks very interesting.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #12

@Daisy! @MKChitown made the cooked chicken crust today and posted it… looks delicious and may be crisp :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Becky Searls) #13

Tried the ketoconnect chicken crust pizza today! So good!!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #14

Looks amazing @beckyjoy, I will definitely try this. Excellent to have a nut-free option :sunglasses:

I am curious what this tinned chicken is like as I have never seen and no chance of getting it here. So it is cooked? and held in a liquid?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #16

That’s exactly what it is, cooked chicken & a little water in a can. Some companies offer it in bags now, the classic is chicken breast so not a lot of fat. It’s nice for a quick chicken salad… and now pizza crust!

so did you dry it out first? I am wondering then whether cooked chicken is better than raw? What do you think?

(Becky Searls) #18

Yup the recipe goes through all the steps! Basically first you spread it out (it’s like buying tuna in a can, pics below, I bought mine at Costco-careful with adding any extra seasoning as it’s already pretty salty!) and bake for 10 min at 350 to dry it out. Then you add an egg and some Parmesan to the chicken in a bowl, mix and form the crust and bake again for a while (check recipe but think it was 10 min again) at 500, then take out, add toppings and bake again for 6-10 more min at 500 and voila! (Also side note if you listen to keto talk with Jimmy Moore there is an ad for a pizza company called “real good pizza” that seems like it must do a similar thing as they said their low carb pizza crust is made with chicken and Parmesan! Here is what the chicken I bought looks like - would like to find one with JUST chicken in water if anyone has a rec? This one does have some other stuff including salt but not too bad, and was cheap–$11 for 6 large cans!

do you prefer this method to using raw chicken though? better taste? Most recipes use ground raw chicken so just wondering about the difference.

(Becky Searls) #20

Can’t speak to that as I’ve never tried another method :slight_smile: