Pizza help

(Monika ) #1

I get migraines from cheese so now the fathead pizza is out of the question.

Any pizza that is amazing and cheese free? Not sure if there is a substitute for the cheese on top either??

(I’m in Australia for those who want to give me food brands)

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

Try the chicken crust pizza crust. This string has a number of options

(Monika ) #3

Chicken?? Not meaning to be rude but that sounds gross! :joy:

But hey, give it a try I guess!

(Crippie) #4

I have tried it, and its not bad. Very filling and super high in protein, but a decent substitute.

Have you tried any cauliflower crust recipes? There are a ton if you just google cauliflower pizza crust. There are even health stores that sell them premade now, although I am not sure on how many carbs are actually in those.

I also saw someone made a crust out of sausage. Pressed it thin, and baked it then patted the oils off tell dry and repeated like 3 or 4 times until it was crispy.

(Carpe salata!) #5

Yes try it - it’s so good.

(MooBoom) #6

:scream: you haven’t seen my billion posts about the protein bread company it seems! I live off this stuff. No cheese required. Free shipping in Australia.

The result (you can put whatever toppings you like on there but I love to spread the base with green pesto, add shaved ham, mushrooms, capsicum, red onion, hot salami, pineapple and cook then top with fresh basil and Persian feta).

(Monika ) #7

Ah! Nope I haven’t as I am new here. :smiley:. I checked out the carbs and 2.3g for 1/2 pizza is pretty darn good. As pizza is not a regular thing (once a month or so), this would be perfect. Thanks :+1::smiley:

(Monika ) #8

The high protein scares me. Sticking to mod protein is a goal for me plus I’d add meats on top, which means more protein.

I’ve heard good and bad about cauli bases and will try that.

Anyone have a good recipe???

(MooBoom) #9

You’re welcome :blush:

I use the 30cm Cook & Dine pizza tray from Coles, it’s only $5. Don’t bother lining the tray with baking paper like the instructions say, just spray the tray with olive oil. You’ll get a much crispier base.

Oh and I find it easier to use a carton of egg whites and just measure the exact amount needed.

Post a pic when you try it!

(Monika ) #10

Finally did it last night. Yay! Was quite nice, considering I did not like that Brands bread. Will def use this for my pizzas. Thanks for the suggestion :smiley:

(Don’t know how to add a photo!!!)

(Monika ) #11

Found out how to upload! :smiley: