Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

R, mouth watering post! I loved your description of your breakfast. That truly is fine eating!

FB is that 1.5 each way for a total of 3? Just wondering cause if that is 3 one way then I have to say I feel for ya on that one. Tough commute.

I popped over and read a bit but I don’t see the part you are chatting about…toxins in fat and detoxifying the modern body by doing a poo? What is your question and what poo chat do ya wanna discuss? LOL too darn funny as I am typing this LOL

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak which was super yum

1 lb. ribeye steak which was just as good as the first.

2 lbs. of great beef, I felt so energized. Beef does a body good LOL

3 hrs one way. 6hrs round trip.

I haven’t reignited the dried up old poo pile discussion about fibre. I’ll do it in the fibre thread. Then link the post back here.

Ohhh, sorry on that long one way trip FB! But you stay there right? You hang for a few days and then come back home later? not sure on that tho.

food yesterday was

1 lb. cheeseburger patty

another 1 lb. cheeseburger patty

1 chicken breast

doing well and feeling wonderful.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #928

I was a good carnivore tonight, I ate three lamb chops and a big chunk of brie cheese. Was so full.xx

(Daisy) #929

So I’ve been compiling a list of improvements I’ve seen and improvements I’d still like to see.

Benefits seen from keto/carnivore

Chronic stomach pain gone
Gas gone
Bloating gone
Hypoglycemia gone
Can fast for long hours
Knee pain gone
Varicose/spider veins gone
Muscle increased
Cellulite decreased
Raynaud’s improved
Brain clarity increased
Increased sense of smell
Canker sores gone
Thicker nails
Hair healthier
Faster healing
Better mental health (anxiety and depression)
Quality of sleep
Clear complexion (from eliminating sugar)
Increased energy at work
Better immune system
Less bug bites
Sugar addiction easily managed
Food freedom in close sight

This is still a list in progress

Things I’d still like to see improved:

Digestion (still not perfect from transition to carnivore)
Stable energy (see above)
Stable uninterrupted sleep
Grey hair reversed
Skin tone improved
Desired body composition/ “weight loss”

Yeah, I stay in the city a few nights. I stay with my brother (he’s a T2D in love with a vegan, leaning toward vegnism for love, so the kitchen battles are hilarious. I got told off about my egg shells in the compost last week) So it’s 2 long road trip per week. Country road takes me home. Great for podcast listening, so I can pretend to know stuff on this forum.

I enjoy cooking up my omelette roll ups for work

Large mug of bone broth 8am
Black cold brew coffee with cream (dairy is hard to shake) 10am
Omelette roll ups (2) 12 noon - 2 eggs om cooked in ghee + left over roast beef from last night + 3 heaped dessert spoons of duck liver pate, pink salt seasoning
Black cold brew coffee with cream 1pm (been a long day at the computer*)
Dinner tonight is beef ribs and sparkling mineral water

I have some roasted duck breast for tomorrow’d omelette and chicken pate

*All my work mates have gone. The 20 years younger vegetarian female co-worker arrived 2 hours after me and left 2 hours before 5pm. She was eating toast with some kind of spread on it this morning. She said she had no energy. My other co-workers are chugging along on the SAD with occasional soft drinks (sodas) “for energy”. They both have restless leg syndrome and yawn all afternoon from about 2pm. Hangriness seems to hit the team at about 3 pm. Those 2 guys left t 4pm. We’re allowed to set our own hours. It’s coming up 6pm. I put in a 9 hour day. Not a single yawn. Focused, in the zone and getting work done. This ketocarnivore WOE is bad for my work life balance and gaining me a rep as a hard worker, these are problems in the making.

hey egg shells in the compost pile are a good thing, well maybe not for a vegan tho HAHA

very cool you are staying with your bro! turning vegan for love? wow that will be interesting to see if he can hold on that change. boy I know I could not go down that road. polar opposite from vegan to carnivore :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Your beef ribs sound delish. You are eating very well and it seems your menu is doing great by you…all that work energy :slight_smile: It is amazing as we eat to energize on meat and good fat, the rest of the other eaters, we watch them sink and crumble due to low energy, that slump that hits and more. It is crazy watching that happen around you isn’t it? I was one of them :slight_smile: but it is so nice not to be anymore. I just go go and go and feel wonderful and it is amazing when one gets out of that SAD menu and into healthy eating like keto/carnivore that one thrives. Happy you are doing so great!!

KD you list is super impressive. Chronic stomach pain gone? Wow bet ya love that!

It is wild you said less bug bites. So true. When we go camping everyone gets skeeter attacked and I don’t. No sugar seeping from my pores? never sure on that but there is absolute truth in it LOL
funny to see that written on your list but oh so true for me at least.

Nice to see your still needs improvement list SO much shorter than your benefit list! Love it, great update!

food yesterday was

2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patty
(out on the road, ordered 2 biscuits and ate the insides, yuk, but passable—got caught on that one, which I rarely do anymore)

when home I had 3/4 lb. cheeseburger patty. 2 pork chops. can of tuna.

Felt like I didn’t eat well yesterday. I can tell when my food for the day falls flat like this day did…beef…need beef and a lot of it. LOL
hungry this morning. got a ribeye with my name on it. pork is ‘just ok and blah’ to me. It doesn’t effect me bad in any way like some, but pork is not a draw anymore and just doesn’t fill me up much and hold me.

haven’t had any down on the scale, darn, miss my little 1/2 lb. drops :slight_smile: but I know clothes feel looser etc. so that is always good. lean mean zero carb machine body coming my way HA

(Daisy) #934

I really do think this is it. My blood was so sweet all the time, it was irresistible! Lol. When I stopped eating sugar (before I went keto), I stopped getting bitten. When I tried “keto friendly” sweeteners, bug bites returned. Those sweeteners benefited me literally zero lol.

Btw, I went to the Texas Roadhouse last night and finally remembered to ask for salt only on my steak. Guess what? Zero stomach pain!! Woot woot!!!

(Daisy) #935

Btw, my husband keeps trying to convince me to stop eating carnivore. He keeps making little comments here and there. Last night he said, “I know you’re eating more often doing this” I just stared at him. I said “um… I eat once or twice a day now. Sometimes not at all.” He started to comment that I eat breakfast before I leave the house, which I corrected that I cook breakfast (a steak) before I leave the house and usually eat that around 11, which is my first and sometimes only meal of the day. He changed the subject fast lol.

(Liz ) #936

Hi folks! I read this whole thread :slight_smile: I’m 10 days into animal foods only. March 8 I will be 3 years Keto. Mid 2018 my dad passed & literally overnight my husband & I left our home 30 miles away to move in with & care for my elderly mother. I’m the cook and everyone eats Keto, that’s great. But now I’m trying Keto animal foods (or KetoAF which makes me giggle) and sort of cooking two dinners every night, one for me and one for my husband & mom. So far it’s been fine tho.

Though I was strict Keto I knew I had been eating too often out of emotional need & I regained 15 pounds over the years. I’m 50 and I’m sure hormones are messing me up. In the past I would fast to get control of insulin levels again & take off a few pounds. I had perfected my fasting technique but since dad died, I could feel the cortisol spikes of the new very stressful situation and fasting seemed to make that worse so KetoAF seemed the only way I could regain control of my compulsive eating.

Right away I felt so much better! Hunger & satiety signals coming back online, no more obsessive thoughts about food. Lost 3 pounds of bloat right away. Phew! So I’m sticking with it.

BUT two nights ago I had the WORST abdominal pain ever, which faded over 24 hours. I figure this is detox? Because last night I woke up with the pain returning somewhat but also in every atom of my body, after years of pain-free Keto living, I feel like one big ache!! Is this toxins? Oxalates? I’m doing all the electrolytes & water. I still drink tea & coffee & a small amount of cheese/ghee/butter. I hope this will pass! I was looking through threads on carnivore start up side effects & didn’t exactly see this one. I’d normally think it was the flu but my temperature is just fine. Any advice? Experiences to share? Thanks!!

but but but you and me are still super sweet tho :slight_smile: :innocent:
hey I love the non bug attacks truly…walking a trail in the woods others get nailed, I just don’t have that hardly anymore, I love it LOL

WOW WOW on your steak not hurting your tummy. Whatever spice/herb they are sprinkling on these steaks don’t agree with you but asking for nothing extra on your steak before cooking is great~now you know you can survive out there in restaurant land. Cool

Ahhhh your hubby thinks he can ‘come into your realm’ and make real convo about it HAHA

My hubby did this also. He was questioning me in ways also and I was like, either eat with me and learn or stop nagging me and he was like, nagging? and I said, umm, yea nagging LOL He shut up about it.

It is a strange way to eat. I mean many never will understand this level of lifestyle. But man when you are in it, getting the benefits from it and life improves etc…then you can’t think of not eating this way and we thrive on it! My hubby still doesn’t get it, I mean I tried the ‘low carb’ talk with him etc and he just won’t put in the brain power at all. 0 interest in it. he is a carby eater and always will be but at least I got him to ‘low carb’ it a bit more thru the years so that is good. Gonna change him, nope. ain’t happening…your hubby was smart to change the subject fast, ya had him out maneuvered LOL

(traci simpson) #938

Wow. I just can’t eat that much. For lunch I had 7.35 ounces of ground sausage and two eggs, and a cup Of coffee.

(Edith) #939

A common thing mentioned on the oxalate forums is that people will have a honeymoon period when they first switch to a low oxalate diet and feel great. Then after a few days, to a week, to more for some people, the symptoms of oxalate dumping will start. It could be what you are experiencing, especially if you were eating high oxalate foods on keto: spinach (and certain other greens), berries, nuts (esp. almonds), peanuts, etc.

This is a list of dumping symptoms people have experienced in the Trying Low Oxalate group on Facebook. Of course, no one has all those symptoms. I definitely get crusty eyes, cloudy urine, overall achiness, back pain, fatigue, diarrhea, and when I had the big oxalate dump this past December I had some kidney pain.

If you think your trouble might be oxalates, the group suggests cutting back on oxalate slowly to slow down the dumping. For some people, the dumping can have serious health/life implications. I wanted to stick to carnivore as much as possible so I added a little oxalate back in by drinking black tea and eating a few raspberries or strawberries.

Some of the symptoms we frequently hear about are:
Bloated stomach
Stomach pain/nausea
Sandy / light coloured stool
Burning stool
Black specks / white crystals in stool
Diarrhea / Constipation / alternating diarrhea and constipation
IBD
Cloudy urine
IC
Bladder pain
Kidney pain
Lower back pain
Gallbladder pain
*vulvadnyia *
Frequent urination
Chronic UTI’s
Kidney stones
Insomnia
Air hunger
Heart palpitations
Peripheral neuropathy
Burning tongue / mouth
Weight loss / gain
Flu like symptoms
Dry cough / phlegmy cough
Sore throat
Sinus issues
Headache
Asthma
Odd sensations (fullness) / plugged ears
Vertigo and dizzyness
Tinnitus
Fluctuations in hearing
Burning / red / gritty / crusty eyes
Floaters in eyes
Burning feet/ skin
*Joint pain *
Muscle twitching
Frozen shoulder
Back / neck pain
Achy all over
Rashes
Psoraisis flares
*Cold sores *
Irritability
Fatigue
Anxiety
Panic
Brain fog
Depression
Anger / sudden rage

(Liz ) #940

Thank you so much!! This must be it. I was eating almonds occasionally but the reason I went carnivore at all is because I was deep in the grips of a (no sugar) chocolate spiral for a couple weeks & I knew I had to stop cold turkey. I guess I hoped since I still drink coffee & tea it wouldn’t be so extreme!! But everyone is different.

Here’s what I can’t find so far in my research here, if I stay steady on carnivore, do you know if there’s a time period for the oxalates to finish cycling through? It’s uncomfortable but so far does not feel dangerous so I’d prefer to tough it out if it’s like, a few weeks and get over to the other side ASAP, you know? Maybe this is naive lol

thanks again!!

(Edith) #941

Unfortunately, everyone is different and I would imagine it depends upon how long you ate a lot of oxalate containing food and how much you stored up in your body. (Sigh… dark chocolate is also high oxalate, btw)

I’ve seen mention that it can take some time, as in years, but that the dumping episodes become less frequent and less severe over time.

This thread has our most recent discussion on oxalates. If you search ther forum there will be other threads that pop up where we also discussed this topic.

(Liz ) #942

Thanks kindly for taking the time & posting resources. I’ve been reading all the threads. I guess I just need to wait and see!! Because i am sticking with animal foods for the indefinite future. I’m hoping to clear life-long acne.