Chaffles

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #515

YES! Made for the job! :+1::+1::+1:

(Karen ) #516

I made chaffles for the first time yesterday. I made a BIG mess with the first one.:rofl: The second one was not pretty but, I was able to make a BLT sandwich and it was yummy!!

('Jackie P') #517

I had this bacon and brie chaffwich in the fridge since yesterday. I nuked it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it was soft and like a fresh sarnie! :yum:

(KCKO, KCFO) #518

I read your name as Cracker Jack on first glance :joy:

I love brie, I love chaffles. And bacon rules.

This sounds like something I have to make after my fast is done.

('Jackie P') #519

Enjoy!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #520

Jalapeño Popper Chaffle Wedges

Ingredients:

Filling…Bacon, Sautéed Chopped Jalapeños, Blue Cheese.

Grated Muenster Cheese.

Slurry…Egg, Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Garlic Granules.

Assembly:

Cheese, Slurry, Filling

Bar Food Breakfast! :cowboy_hat_face:

Ogre posted a link with all the free keto books on kindle, here’s one for chaffles :slight_smile:

http://ogres-crypt.com/Kindle/Free-Low-Carb-Keto-Books.html#X6

(Elizabeth ) #523

@CrackerJax I love brie! I’m definitely making that sandwich!
@David_Stilley YUM!

As for me, I am a woman of simple tastes. Actually, I’m just deeply lazy. :innocent:

(CJ) #524

Okay, I apologize up front if this has been covered already but I need to go to bed (& dream of chaffles!). I’m trying to go dairy free to see if it helps with a couple issues so I’m wondering if I could use goat cheese…? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

(PJ) #525

Make waffles instead of chaffles :slight_smile:

Pork rinds :slight_smile:
There is Brenda Zorn’s recipe for pork rind pancakes somewhere on this forum and I’ve been wanting to try poffles :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #527

@CharJenn I think any cheese that’s high fat and will brown and crust will work for the crispy style. If you can get more aged, firmer goat or sheep cheese where you live. The creamy soft goat cheese would probably work blended with the egg, there are cream cheese variations you could alter to try it. I have tried several cheeses that aren’t common for Chaffles. :cowboy_hat_face:

(CJ) #528

Thank you. I’ll look that up.

(CJ) #529

That’s true. The soft goat cheese should be a good cream cheese replacement. Okay, I’ll try that as soon as my waffle plates arrive! I will check the store for some aged cheeses. Thank you!

(KCKO, KCFO) #530

I have some goat cheese I will be trying for a savory chaffle when my current fast is over. I think it will taste amazing. Give it a go.

(Bob M) #531

Goat cheese is dairy.

(KCKO, KCFO) #532

But it is different from cow dairy. Lactose, casein, and whey in dairy products very by source.
My sister is lactose intolerant but she is able to eat goat cheese without distress.

(Bob M) #533

The, but it’s still dairy. Some cows also have k2 milk.

(Jane) #534

Chaffle to go with some chicken soup my hubby made.

Basic chaffle recipe (10 gm Moz cheese, 25 gm egg, 10 gm Moz cheese) but before I added the second topping of cheese I sprinkled some minced onion and minced garlic over the egg mixture.

Then finely chopped some Italian salami and added that to the top after they were cooked. Toper that with some grated white cheddar and set under the broiler goes few minutes to melt the cheese. Delicious!

(CJ) #535

That’s true, Bob. Goats milk doesn’t seem to bother me but I will keep that in mind.