Chaffles

1. Start by folding the sheet of parchment paper in half.
  2. Open the folded sheet of parchment paper and place a single slice of cheese in the center.
  3. Fold the second slice of cheese into 4 different equal size strips of cheese.
  4. Place the small strips of cheese around the first slice of cheese on the parchment paper.
  5. Microwave it for exactly 15 seconds.
  6. Remove it from the microwave. While the parchment paper is still folded in half, use a rolling pin to spread out the cheese into a thin circle wrap. You don’t need a rolling pin, you can smooth it out with the palm of your hands too. The cheese will be warm and not too hot. If you microwave this for more time, it will crisp the cheese. You want the cheese just warm enough to mold it together into the shape of a tortilla wrap.
  7. If you want to use the no carb cheese wrap immediately, you will need to cool it in the freezer for a couple minutes. It must be cooled down before you use it. When it’s cooled, it will keep its shape. The cooled no carb cheese wrap will also be strong enough to roll too!

(Polly) #714

Wow! Thanks @velvet will give that a try.

(Wendy) #715

I have found that making Chaffles with mozzarella, 1 egg,and 1 oz mayo really helps the taste! My husband didn’t like the eggy taste. It also helps the texture.

(Susan) #716

Yes please, I would love to get some, I have a Costco membership and I live in Ontario, thanks!

(Steve) #717

Hi Susan, My daughter said that she bought it at Costco Barrie but it might have been a temporary test item? I would ask at the Sobey’s and Superstore customer service, I thought I saw them in the deli section last summer?

(Susan) #718

Okay, great, thanks a lot Steve =).

Need help reading nutrition values
(Candy Lind) #719

I have GOT to be the messiest Chaffle chef in Christendom!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #720

We need a photo of that chaffle. You can’t just make a claim like this and not provide some proof.

Been a while since I’ve seen you posting, hope all are well at your house.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #721

Ditto, @CandyLindTX. Pictures, or it didn’t happen…! :joy::rofl::woman_cook:

(Candy Lind) #722

Oh, the mess is excess batter and fat going all over the counter because I can’t seem to get the volume right! The Chaffles are still awesome. I’m gnoshing on open face ham chafflewiches as we speak! LOL (pics on WDYKT4)

That’s why I put my mini-waffle maker on my kitchen scale and measure the layers – 10 grams shredded cheese + 25 grams beaten egg + 10 grams shredded cheese. Never an overflow.

If I do a batter, usually only 30 grams or so is sufficient.

(Susan) #724

I have a Belgian waffle maker that makes 4 at a time. I am lazy so i make 12 at a time and freeze them. I use the recipe that calls for 3 eggs, 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, just under 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp of butter. I put all this in a 1 L yogurt container and blend it with my stick blender. I then pour about 1/4 cup in each mold. I cook till there is no steam coming out of the waffle maker. They don’t seem to stick except in the corner when i am lifting them off. I also don’t use soap on my waffle maker, and season it like a cast iron frying pan. It smokes a bit when it is starting up.

(Vic) #725

I started experimenting with these chaffles, Love them

However I am having an issue seems the recipee’s overflow out of waffle maker

I had read that it is the mini that is required and I got this one

Is This too Mini?

I got this one instead of the dash suggested because it makes 4 and I do sometimes eat with my wife but I think its not a correct size not sure?

I cured that problem by putting my waffle maker on my kitchen scale. That way, I’m sure of getting the same amount of batter (or layers) into each waffle. Saves me a lot of time on cleanup.

But it’s easy to do with the small Dash mini-waffle maker.

(Peter) #727

I use this one, so you can use anything. It’s just a case of working out the amounts you need to use for your device, takes a bit or trial and error.

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/waffle-makers/bwm640.html

(Bob M) #728

Well, we gave up on our old waffle iron…and bought a new version of the exact same one. They look identical, though one is about a decade old. Anyway, the new one not only cooks much faster, but also – oddly – needs more egg/cheese mixture. The 70g egg, 55g cheese we were using for the old maker is now too small. Weird.

(Bob M) #729

So, we bought a new waffle maker. Exactly the same as the old waffle maker. However, the time to being done is much less, and – oddly – I can use a lot more egg and cheese. Was using 70 g egg, 55 g cheese. This morning, I used 87 g egg and 67 g cheese, and it came out great. 5 minutes cooking time versus 7+ minutes, too.

I find this odd, particularly the amounts.

(KCKO, KCFO) #730

Maybe the depression sizes are not totally identical? Often the same models do get slight modifications done but they still use the old model no/name?

(Bob M) #731

That could be true. I did not compare the two “plates”. Especially once I realized how well the new one worked. :wink:

Unfortunately, the other one is in the trash, so I can’t compare.

I think it (the old one) might have had trouble heating. The old one used to produce quite a bit of “oil” that would run off. I had to clean the entire outside each time. The new one produces none. The only time I clean the outside is if there is run-over.

(KCKO, KCFO) #732

Sounds like you really needed a new one. Enjoy, just remember the new measurements :slight_smile: