Cauliflower Mac and cheese

(Morgan Rose) #1

Iv seen people post pictures but looking for a good recipe!?
Are u boiling cauli first then adding ur sauce?? Or mixing raw florets in sauce and then baking!? Thanks!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

Try this, maybe?

(Morgan Rose) #3

I saw this but I always see people sharing Mac and cheese… of course now I can’t find any of those posts on Facebook lol

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

I think the flavor is much better if you roast the florets first before assembling your Loaded cauli and baking it.

I make one similar to the above recipe referenced by @devhammer. I probably use more cheddar and I use HWC instead of almond milk.

I like to do it in a crock pot on low all day. I find it tastes best if you bake/slow cook until the top starts to crust over and brown a bit.

(Morgan Rose) #6

U suggest browning first for crock pot? That’s not a bad idea over night on low? Even with cheese? I’m just wondering if cheese will burn over night…maybe I’ll use one of those bags … HWC/Butter and lots of cheese and then the florets :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Wow! I had some leftover cauliflower, lamb, pork belly and duck from the grill last night. So I just put it in a bowl and reheated it, then added shredded Mozzarella, melted that, stirred it all up and garnished with parm and mimolette cheese. Took about 4 minutes to make and my SO almost dropped her bowl. It was amazing.

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

I have a low profile rectangle shaped crock pot so the food isn’t real deep. I find that after 6-8 hours on low this dish gets a delicious golden to barely browning crust on top. Just another layer of flavor to the cheesy cauliflower.

I do roast the cauliflower in the oven first if I have the time. If not I just throw it together,

(Becky S.) #9

I know this is a late response but I just made this last night and it was truly incredible.

I added bacon bits fried in bacon fat and some scallions that I added to the bacon bits while frying them. Tossed half in the mix with everything else and half on the top.

I may never crave mac and cheese made with pasta ever again.

https://www.savorytooth.com/cauliflower-mac-and-cheese/

(Bob M) #10

My wife made something similar, and I though it was great. Hmm…I’ll have to see if we can make it again.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

If you search the Net for “fully loaded cauliflower” you should find some tasty recipes.