Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

@Azi and @FrankoBear and ALL us others :slight_smile:
just posted in ZC videos and info a new video chat. I think this might interest you both and alot of others! Enjoy!

(Karen) #123

Lovely countryside @Shinita and :heart:

Up ealryish did my stair runs and sat out in sunshine with brew n books. Went out to the good bookshop to pick up a book the proprietor sourced for me and picked up a few other titles while there. Came straight home and had some brunch … 1 burger and 3 rashers bacon, nice n crispy.

Went out about 1pm with my neighbour and her doggo and we walked to Long Eaton for a bit of shopping, I took my trolley save carrying anything. We did the shopping then walked the back way to the nature reserve. A little under 6m today.

Was quite peckish when I got back. Chicken wings including 4 half frozen wings and 4 sausages.

I tried to track.
Okay, so I automatically eat about 1800 kcal nowadays and as I focus on leaner food, my protein went up. Still just 150-160g (or not if my tracking and meat fattiness is off but it should be okay)…
I am around a pound of meat now, today was a bit lower but I ate more cheese (yesterday it was zero cheese but more eggs). And maybe it’s lower now because I didn’t eat pork at night unlike yesterday… :roll_eyes:
It seems I can continue this for quite long. Much pork (almost or really none processed), various amount of eggs (between a few and many but usually below 10), usually little dairy, it’s October so extras have a big chance but I had enough with their interference and problems so I try to behave. My days are pretty similar lately, I like it.
This little pork (1700g this time, there was more but that was the liquid coming out of the meat, it solidifies nicely but I still dislike the taste and the cats LOVE it… so it’s all theirs, I made sure all of them got some. but my cats got super good at being expectant or I went soft as they were good at it anyway… sometimes I give them some of my precious pork :slight_smile: just a bit) won’t last very long, even Alvaro asked for a piece (and got the leanest, it’s nice when my share gets a bit fattier). And if I do it right, my days will be more meat heavy this week.
The 2885g slab lasted for a week but I ate a bunch of other stuff. Okay, I keep my eggs and I am in my cheese phase… Even if it’s mild. Today I ate 40g cheese, that’s pretty much in my world. But I can’t live on meat and eggs only, not even very close to it, dairy is nice and adds the variety I need. I am careful how much and which items I use but I trained myself well, I rarely want to eat excessive amounts of sour cream and I am fine for weeks without any cream. But cheese and eggs are very good together.
I will be fine. I will even drop coffee again but I had stressful times. Not like coffee helps much but keeping myself from it would have stressed me more, maybe I mentioned it before. I remember so.

@Shinita
make sure you keep up your fat intake for the day. truly meat fat is a monster biggie of our forward lifestyle. I am such a pork gal also!!

----------------putting in some country fatty pork ribs into oven soon.
got NY Strip steak, a big’un for first meal. BUT BUT I AM almost not wanting it. Hitting into steak aversion a bit? but not yet for today. Will hound it down and not defrost more steaks til ‘I hit the big need’ again. Right now ‘nothing is calling my name’ truly other than ‘fatty pork’ and I will do just that.

I love love love the no food is calling to me. what a real relief in life.
but I hate that on carnivore cause I feel like if I back off some I can put me in a bad place with my eating and my body needs vs head needs game. SO I WATCH me in these little phases.

I think my fatty country pork ribs are gonna make me real happy!

but I am grieving my loss of crab and lobster and scallops and more as the prices are not friendly. Hmmm, I am irked on that one LOL
but I soldier on as we all do!!!

ZC strength! It gives us just that if we keep US in mind as we have to roll with it and thrive along thru it!!

(Vic) #126

Went on the breakwaters this morning and gathered a bucket of wild oysters and mussels.

Yum

@carnivoor2… ya kill me with the seafood pics! :clown_face::100: ugh so missing from my intake as I like now. me thinks me wanna try more seafood diff. that is lower in cost but I am ‘so tight’ on what I do enjoy thru life on my seafood intake…ugh…but again, might be time to try more.

Thanks Vic ya spurred me on again!! :100:
mussels I ‘think’ I kinda liked? but heck I will try again for sure cause price is way lower than the other I so enjoy.

I know I can not do pickled like @Karen18 does cause I am not a vinegar gal ever, never been…but fresh…yea gonna go down that road again.

Super cool Vic for in my face, go back there, try again! Appreciate it!! Sent me a new and exciting way and I will go just there again and try!

(Judy Thompson) #128

@MeganNZ I appreciate your detailed analysis of dog nutrition! Fantastic post and I’ll copy and paste it for further research, especially if I get another dog. I was surprised when I switched from carrots to broccoli and found Mimsy liked her food just as much. I was getting green tripe for awhile here in VA, wasn’t able to find it in the TX hill country. But Mimsy’s picky. So I dry whatever organ meats I can find for her and mostly buy ground turkey and grassfed beef and add bone meal, the veg, and a little bacon for flavoring. She will not chew bones, either cooked or raw. She quit playing with toys or chewing anything after 6 months. So another dog might well take to the varied diet you describe - as well as whatever I can find. I continually tweak!

@Fangs will you ever come to the end of this geriatric care role? Yikes, we’re all with ya on this tough journey. I know your MIL thinks of you as her guardian angel, so, bless you :heart_eyes:

@Karen18 I’m so loving your retirement! Nice walks through the nature reserve, not a care in the world. It suits you!

I didn’t get in here lastnight but photographed some food in the last couple days. Sunday night we went back to the brewery after a long, very cold outdoor gig where there was no communication and an hour commute out to a vineyard. We were glad to get back and I ordered their pork chop with sides relegated to DH. The young waiter was highly impressed at my “animal-based diet” and presented a beautiful piece of pork that was extremely delicious. So, I remove my block on this restaurant and relegate the one bad experience there to just that - just one bad night.

Yesterday I seared slices of pork roast and had one. It didn’t do it for me :wink: I had to eat part of DH’s when he left it, and then a little of the beef tenderloin a bit later. In the evening I made a quick chicken salad, no egg, just a little dish to carry me thru the night. (I loved Dr. Jockers’ saying, "You want to have enough food at night so you’re satisfied but still saying “I could eat.”)

Today is another teaching day. I start at 2:15 and go through 8:00, so we’ll probably eat beforehand. There is still chicken, pork, and beef cooked, so something will land on the plate :wink: Also it’s about time to steam 7 more eggs for the coming few days. Food is so easy! Loving my ZC woe.

(Judy Thompson) #129

WOW! That’s phenomenal Vic! Loved looking at those beautiful pics!

@JJFiddle you will find Vic to be an extraordinary out of the box on the road carnivore :100: I SO love that about him on the road trying all new and needing support thru some chefs thru work times and more. Vic is living the zc lifestyle without alot of support in his ‘known eating’ times for a kitchen’ so many times. Guy rocks!! :sunny:

After years of futile vague attempts, I managed a fast day. Okay, not perfectly as I ate ~6g butter (I don’t measure such things, it’s a guess) at 10pm. It was a somewhat hard day (even though I just sit in the car most of the day, well it’s not what I like but I have read a book. HALF a book in 8 hours? it’s the biggest book I ever held in my hand), headache and nausea on the way back and even at home but finally, after the shower I am fine. The funeral went smoothly, Alvaro is exhausted, he was a hero, driving the car too.

So my carefully packed box (mostly meat) is untouched, it will be nice tomorrow I suppose. Unless my negative appetite continues but I suspect I will get hungry just fine, I am already not fully satiated but definitely well-fed after my last days and it’s nice to have some peace, at least in my digestive system.

The weather was perfect. I hope I can have a nice forest walk tomorrow, its calming effect on me when autumn is at its best is amazing. I had no proper walk since 2 days anyway.

I want to make just everything better than in the past years now. I need something uplifting and my life really need it anyway. I MUST figure out how to get more energy. I have a few things I don’t do quite right, I try to improve those. And I stop with night eating, seriously now. I had enough.

We did a tiny shopping (prices are totally crazy sometimes now but what’s new?), of course we couldn’t find the big chicken leg sale as we went late on the day, oh well, I surely can get some fowl in the little town too. I eat so much pork and it’s fine but I really like some turkey or at least chicken leg here and there. The last chicken legs were nice so I am more hopeful about them now. But I still prefer turkey as I wrote zillion times. I doubt it ever will change.

(Robin) #132

Sometimes we have such a long list of things to improve that we make no progress at all. I try to pick just one. Go from there.
You could start with night eating. That alone can bring big changes.

Glad you’ll be back in the forest again, for healing.

(Megan) #133

Wow so many cravings at the moment, not for anything in particular, just anything that doesn’t taste like meat! I’ve largely removed dairy in the past week or so, could this be why? It’s driving me nuts. Near constantly “wanting something”, especially later on in the day.

The last couple of nights I have slept so much better. Waking every 3 or so hours, not 30-90 minutes. Taking a couple of herbal sleep supplements, one of which has a decent whack of 5htp in it. I am looking forward to feeling rested during the day, all the constant waking has been sapping me. Surprised my mood has stayed fairly okay throughout it all.

(Karen) #134

Yes yes yes I am really getting to like Retirement and yes it does suit me and my health. Last few days the BP has been between 110 &120 / 60ish and I can go with that thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

Stair runs done this morning then outside for the brew n read. I have finished Heaven changes everything (sequel to Heaven is for real) fabulous book and again very uplifting. Still reading the daily power and also found Joyce Meyer Starting your day right, so started that and another book that has been written by a child with Aspergers and … a couple of other books. Wow I’ve never read so much, so consistently, on a daily basis, its like i just can’t get enough! I love all the fresh air too.

Made brunch about 11.50am and had 2 duck eggs fried with 3 rashers of bacon.

Took Raymond shopping and popped in the Salvation Army charity shop which has a cafe at the back and oh dear what was on the shelves in there… yep BOOKS! So I had a rummage and got a couple of paperbacks for 50p each. Cant sniff at that lol two more faith books.

When I returned home I took a nice brew outside as it was still sunny and warm (with my jacket on lol) and had a browse through the first chapters of todays buys.

Put some chicken wings in the oven and cooked a ribeye which was nice but just a bit chewy.

Followed by a small tin of tuna and 4 rashers bacon.

Oh and I had a little visitor to my chair when I was sitting outside, he settled on my coat after I was getting too warm and took it off leaving it draped behind my back and over the arms of the chair. There was a time I would have dived straight off that chair but not now. Just love the bracelet of pollen around his back leg :heart_eyes:

(Robin) #135

So glad you are already e joying retirement. It can be an adjustment for some.

(Vic) #136

Working from Home project, bwah, I hate it.
Haven’t used my home office in years, but times are changing and we have to adjust with it.

I also got a letter to go to get my 4th poison injection for you know what… I price I need to pay to keep my freedom and feed my family.

The world is becomming a mess, my bieutifull garden is full of toxic weed.

At least I’m very healthy, I shouldn’t complain.

I do my best to do that, I doubt it would work. I think I even tried and it was an epic fail.
I always was better when I focused on many things. I had the most time when I had the most extra things to do as a kid too… I have this thing, one helps the other. I must focus on everything. I can’t start to draw seriously while dropping my exercise anyway. And one thing tires me out, great to pick another right away.
Of course, it matters what things we want to improve, mine seem to complement each other and when they are rivals, yep, maybe they would hinder each other and I would be overwhelmed. I need to figure out what is the most important - and do what I want, it’s not the same… :slight_smile: But I won’t think about much, that would make thinking the first and I would do nothing. Things should just fall into place somehow. I need energy and passion and then it will be fine. I seriously lack both lately (= in the past several years. sometimes passion comes but it’s very temporal. but I never lost hope).

No forest today in the end (at least not the wildlife park one. it’s basically impossible to go out without going near a forest here, they are everywhere), we are very tired. We still go out but the big forest walk will happen tomorrow :slight_smile:

Yes, it quickly happens to me in that case. I need variety. Different kind of meat helps (fish or fowl after many porky days) but just to some extent. Sometimes I get bored of meat - though it’s quite rare and less serious after some years after I brought back meat and eat it every day…
Dairy is so different from both meat and eggs… And there are various kinds of them too.

Just after my comment (I should stop talking about my day until it’s the next day…) I got a bit hungry and broth is a great gateway food so I had to eat some solid food (my last sponge cake with cheese, pork roast and chicken liver, it really gets boring to read about them. but they are so nice!)… Still just 500 kcal or something. This morning I was 72kg. Even if I get some weight back after a normal eating day, it seems this 73kg result doesn’t get undone so easily… It was good I am not thicker as I found a very elegant black jacket, perfect for the funeral and just fit into it. The pants were a tad better but fitting too. I had enough problems without facing I am too fat for my best black clothes I haven’t used since ages.

I am satiated now (it’s noon) but my belly feels bad since several days. I guess it’s mostly sleep and anxiety, I don’t eat perfectly fine but not wrong enough to feel like this for sure. And this feeling keeps my appetite in the negative, “impossible to eat” range most of the time. It’s not too bad, when I get hungry it slowly changes but I am not used to feeling this unwell and I want it to stop, at least physically, I have enough problems mentally/emotionally! I appreciate I can’t get serious problems but I want to be all right physically. At least my headache went away.

So. I try to do everything better now! Sleep, walk, workouts, art, eating and more. And maybe then I get my good feeling and energy. I really need them now. I feel I was underwater in the last weeks and I am a hedonist so it’s something I just can’t have for long. I can handle long term problems, sure but not this extent of feeling bad. And the shorter term bigger negativity happened in a super long term “big but I am great at ignoring most of it” negativity. I must do whatever I can to get some mental sunshine.

Oh sorry I didn’t want it to be so deep, you don’t even understand as you don’t know my problems but as it’s heavily on my mind now, it spills out when I write. I never was good at self control.

Next time I will write about food! :slight_smile: I wanted to get better at photos but it seems so tiresome… We will see.

(Michael) #138

Yesterday small breakfast, had two ribeyes later in day For me a bit boring meals.

@Naghite, you had me cracking up on ‘a bit boring’ for your meals LOL
If that plate in the pic is boring then I am, well, kinda dead and 6 ft under on my food at this point :clown_face::100::astonished: too funny!
Love your pics!

So agree with you. focus. one thing. Like when I started ZC the ONLY way and focus was on eat, all I needed, ALL the time, ALL I loved and adored and it is what made me hold the plan…then I focused on saving some darn $$ against all my delish expensive food choices I SO NEEDED to walk into this lifestyle and shopped more appropriately for my food nutrient changs and more bang for my buck :slight_smile: But while SO many of us can multi-task the world in stuff to handle, and US gals are way good at just that!, I feel like it is never the same in ‘real issues’ but we think we can handle alot at once…and we can not. Yes I can put in laundry, dishwasher, vacuum, pick up house, get garbage handled, start to prep meals, handle dog and get the mail and do some bills and dust/wipe down counters and more ALL at the same time at warp speed, and real job work, yea did all the above in work mode too LOL but when it coms to ‘handling us’ I think a 1 focus is the super correct way to move forward. You are spot on with this one. Some things are TOO important to multi task thru and not give it :100: and real thought and plan how to attack and learn how to change some habits and more. So get ya here R!

@MeganNZ
SO SORRY ya hit this. I hit it before and most of us do…some don’t get it as bad as others but those of us who are super sugar addicts, and triggered by mental images of food commercials and more…yea we FEEL the pain and angst of truly having to ‘battle’ the hell out of this time.

when it hits, don’t think more meat, in a way, think, hmm…seafood ya love. any part of a chicken ya love. like turkey? go cook a whole turkey just for you :slight_smile: When we crave in big form and then say, ahhh, not another steak or burger? we must think truly into that extra ‘animal’ lilke seafood and more we love. bacon wrapped scallops float your boat? THIS IS WHAT it took for me to get thru. I white knuckled many a time thru the cravings but sometimes, when it got to be too much, I made sure I HAD emergency ‘so delish food’ I ‘needed’ on hand. Like bought a bunch of snow crab legs on sale and in the freezer they went…not for normal meals, I had them as ‘emergency stash’ when the darn cravings and the oh why me and poor me and deprivation and physical/mental issues hit…once I hit that crab with melted butter and I savored every bite I was like…hmmm, I am ok. I can get thru the stupid cravings without feeling neglected and abused cause if I eat so well like this when I am having issues, my gosh the plan will be perfect for me ya know…calmed me down tons. but we all have to do what works for us thru tough times!! just think, HOLD strong and EAT ALL you need to get thru the BS times :slight_smile: don’t focus on lower food like nibblin’ cheese or eggs or other stuff to hold ya, it won’t, you think ‘what the heck do I LOVE and desire and adore’ and you got at it like a maniac…yea again, this is what got me thru :wink:
wishing you the best!

YUP! AMEN! so feel ya on her message and I love the way she ‘gets it across’ to me. Her approach and talks hit me in her delivery! cool

@carnivoor2, so hear ya and I am one for not liking forced mandatory participation of life against some of our terms how we wanna live life. SO get that point Vic but we pick and choose battles and surrender to live another day and we bob and weave thru it all on our choices and we can only do just that!

toxic weed! :100:

but sooner than later you will pop in and say I am in some south african town or some place in iceland or ??? who knows and I love reading how you find your zc food and chefs to help you and your team. So much adventure thru your work for sure!!

---------------great posts on the board for sure! Such a pleasure being a part of this thread for me.

Today is busy in that I ‘gotta do the chores’ of bringing MIL her ‘stuff’ like lotions and some clothes and all from her home to the facility. Me and hubby gonna tackle that in a bit and maybe I will stop by ‘some real grocery stores’ on the way home after we visit and get’er done. My local stores are rural and few and far between but offer decent for me, but the ‘fancy azz $$$$ stores’ are up in MIL’s facility area more populated so will see what stores I might wanna stop but I am sure sticker shock will hit and I won’t buy anything HAHA Hey the wallet can scream heck no some days for sure :wink:

Finish NY Strip I got defrosted.
family doing salmon and shrimp tonight so will cook 2 lbs of shrimp, 1 for me and 1 for them to split and might do alfredo sauce on my shrimp maybe. Food is not a focus right now for me which I will always say again, I love this little mode I go thru.

ZC strong all! eat up, we got this!!

Reading this I remembered there are organ meats too! Sorry I don’t remember who likes them but there are so many…

go cook a whole turkey just for you

I still can’t comprehend how a not huge and meat loving family can eat a whole turkey before it spoils… I don’t actually know how big a turkey is (I saw them in real life but that doesn’t help) but a single leg is HUGE! :smiley: I can eat a wing easily but a whole turkey would last for months considering it’s just snack or side dish, not a substantial food for me…
But it’s lovely for sure.
I want some turkey wings very soon!
I am pretty choosy about its parts. Too bony (neck), too bone-like sinew-y (lower leg), I dislike all fowl and rabbit breast… Wings are lovely and I handle the sinew things here and there. But wings are the best ~ And I still can’t do the skin crunchy without getting it off the meat first…

I use processed meat too when I don’t want my normal meat but I am glad I can keep it low… But it comes handy even when I do like my meat but it’s a bit too lean/dry…

yea my mom was a monster wing lover and I was too, I think the bigger skin with the meat is the draw…like we want the meat somewhat but gnawing on that bigger skin proportion is somehow the bomb to turkey wing eaters LOL

we can ‘get parts’ in packages but turkey in ‘parts’ in package is hard to find around me. Most stores sell a 10 or 12lber and bigger and I can’t buy that. Hubby and kid don’t enjoy turkey and I am ‘not a fan’ but I do love ‘parts of them’ so I feel ya on that ‘big ol’ turkey debacle’ out there as a great meat IF ONE can find the parts one wants :thinking::rofl: and when we can grab the parts we like, have at it and enjoy!!!

for us in the USA we have thanksgiving and Xmas coming so ‘turkey’ is a monster seller to feed the families and I also hope to find more ‘wing packages’ available on sale and I will grab some. My hubby loves the legs and that again, is another very hard item to find in a package but with holiday time coming now for us in this season here the market might change and allow me grab and freeze some.

killer is whole turkey, on sale, like squat in price, the packaged parts are like quadruple in cost…but hey it is what it is LOL how bad ya want some and what ya willing to pay I guess for many of us :sunny: