Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

Hey! Hi there. The challenge these days is seeing how great we feel on this low carb way of eating (WOE).

Last month we made some early posts talking to our future selves about our goals, aims, inspirations, and aspirations. How did that turn out? The beginning of a new month affords a few moments of reflection on historical happenings, good or bad. Then we can recalibrate and celebrate another month of carnivore style eating.

Keep it simple, or do some experimenting, find and share your way. We all eat up the carnivore comments and posts.

Welcome lurkers, welcome new people who will be inspired by community support. It’s meat eating feasting season in the northern hemisphere. How will you navigate those celebrations? It may even be hunting season? That, I don’t know. For some of us, a world away, are heading into sunshine filled spring days when pastures are most nutritious making our foods taste great.

What are your goals? What have you learned recently that will inspire an adjustment? Rock puns welcome.

Last month: Carnivore ZC SurfTurf-tember! 30-day September Challenge. 2022

Carnivore ZC SurfTurf-tember! 30-day September Challenge. 2022
Carnivore ZC SurfTurf-tember! 30-day September Challenge. 2022

Thanks Judy @JJFiddle. I’m joining you and the crew back on plan and have recovered quickly from a harsher than usual health experience (heart episode). That’s a benefit of eating nutritious foods, rapid recovery from health shocks.

I’m wondering, in a pagan sort of mind-set if I should eat some lamb hearts? @Naghite @carnivoor2 would probably have similar thoughts and answers.

(Vic) #3

Oh yes, by all means go all primal on the lamb hearts. Make shure you try a piece raw, so you taste the blood in your mouth.

When it comes to feelings and Carnivore, nothing beats being tru to your nature.
We are the most dangerous hyper carnivores evoltion has ever produced. That is a fact. I for shure am proud of that and use it in the most positive way I can.

A few of weapons your carnivore self has evolved is a big brain and social skills + high level of communication.

Thats what hunted/ domesticated and killed the Lamb.

Your one of its killers, now you eat is hart and drinks its blood.
If we want it or not, we are primal and pagan, the rest is all smoke and mirrors.

Difference, I enjoy it and makes me happy, Vegans deny it and often misserable.

Jm2c

(Megan) #4

Definitely not pagan here, but I sure appreciate the sentiment @carnivoor2

(Michael) #5

What @carnivoor2 Vic said, but a true pagan eats the raw testicles too with the raw heart :smiling_imp:

@FrankoBear, wonderful Carni Rocktober start post :sunny:

I know it is ‘in real life’ an extreme low carb lifestyle, cause eggs and seafood etc. have some carbs LOL but omg I hate seeing it written like that to describe our plan. Our few carbs we might eat are always wrapped in total protein goodness…they should never be called a carb :wink:. I will always think of my plan as animal only or ‘zero carb’ which refers to ‘zero carb’ intake from all plant matter. MY personal brain needs to think of it like that. I walked the ‘low carb eating lifestyle’ and failed at which brought me to carni. NOW THAT is just a thought and opinion chat that helps me keep my eating plan well set for myself in my brain and chatted that out.

I was thrilled to read you got thru a bad episode with a faster recovery. You nailed it FB, healthier we are the more our body can rebound in good form. Happy you are doing so much better and thrilled you are going into your summer now, but ya know, think of me going into my BBBBrrrr cold time :frowning: haha

@JJFiddle, happy ya posted, we were gonna send out a search party soon on ya :sunny: Sounds like you are doing very well with work and your eating plan and wow on 9,5 months, very soon we are going to have an online carniversary party for ya!!!

@Karen18, OK, wow…no ID, done deal, you are out the door and yea, that question, work for another 3 mons. or free $$ without working, does the question ever even need to be asked :roll_eyes::laughing:

and better sleep. Maybe the ‘leaving’ work and waiting for that decision to be finalized was a factor driving you batty in your sub conscious but good thing is, it is over and done. Put a big done check mark next to it and onward ya go. Now you find your new and improved retired life and make it your own to suit you best! You got great times ahead K!!

@Shinita, your shopping adventures in the city…I enjoy reading about your stores and more. Only thing ya can do is grab that meat when ya see it. I hope a nice little new freezer still comes your way at some point S, they help us so much on meat storage.

@carnivoor2, outstanding post about being ourselves on this plan! Keeping it primal and simple. oh boy that has to be me and I am right there doing just that! You are so well travelled Vic and can manuever food from anywhere in any location at any time! Rock solid carnivore!

-------------All carnivores, here we go…we got 31 days to make ourselves better any way we need!

no goals. well, yea one. Stay my course. I just eat what I want when I feel I need it and do best so my goal is just keep that life pattern happening for me.

Hurricane Ian came thru. Not too bad, schools closed yesterday, some flooding in our area but not anything like what the shorelines etc. got hit. Alot of devastation. We came thru fine thankfully in my more inland location.

I have 3/4 lb. burger to eat up. first meal. squish with an egg into a ball and bake or just fry all 3 and inhale. Probably fry and eat. I also have a little bacon that has to be fried up, so will use that too.

second meal, not sure. have to think pork or steak and get something out of freezer to defrost asap.

I do still have some small food issues I have to fight in my life but nice thing is I have more control and smarter thoughts on it all and ZC keeps me extremely grounded in that respect. Thanks Carnivore!! What it has given me is priceless! While I am doing well on plan I have to praise the lifestyle that gave it to me and all those long term zc veterans that helped me walk this path!

OK into Rocktober I go…bebopping right along with you guys!!

Up to you, of course but eating some lamb hearts (not necessarily raw, I just talk about eating heart in any way we like :)) sounds a good idea to me! I never did that, unfortunately. Heart is good. I am not like @Naghite, I am quite choosy with my organs but liver and heart is fine (liver depends on the animal). And tongue is the best but it’s nice to have different textures, meaty (I can’t explain it well, it’s not like normal cuts but more similar than other organs) tongue, soft liver, chewy heart! (If I see a spleen next time, I will buy it. It’s not just in any supermarket with a meat counter… And not even in the hypermarket I buy most of my meat from…)

Of course @carnivoor2 and @Naghite wrote WAY better replies than me… I am just a normal, tired one.
Shopping is stressful. We bought some food, some necessities, nothing extreme (though there was a water tank but it wasn’t very expensive), picked up some parcels (mostly food) and it was $360 (just in HUF, of course). More than Alvaro’s monthly salary and it didn’t help his already gloomy mood. We have hard times now emotionally. I realized it’s much better to be here, I can distract myself better, this thread and forum make my mood better too…

I have my freezer full and it’s without an over 2kg pork butts slab I will roast tomorrow.
We merely lack eggs but that’s easy to change.
And we have no ruminant now, maybe next time we find some nice deer. I saw some not very expensive veal (I never ate veal) but Alvaro wasn’t excited and we already had a ton of pork, this time I made sure of it… So we weren’t sure it would fit into the freezer. I bought 2.5kg chicken liver too.

And prices, they are crazy. Some doesn’t change but butter goes up like it wouldn’t have been high before. Coffee is similar so I consider it luxury I can’t afford - except now I can drink little and I bought some cheap instant coffee, I thought it won’t be okay but it’s drinkable just not enjoyable black. It’s fine, why would I want to drink coffee in my fasting window? But today I drank a lot, some tea too… Sometimes it helps and I really needed every little comfort. I am no comfort eater and probably not a big comfort drinker either but coming home and drinking some nice warm drink, that’s good.

I will think about some vague goals later. I am not very determined for October, I want to survive it and do something useful… Originally I planned a quite off month, not all the time of course as I am unable to do that and it’s a bad idea too but it’s October, one of the worst months for carnivore for me. But I can find excuses any time, I should focus on being in my best form possible and my miraculous fat-loss that just started. I need to build a little momentum. I trained, I have good habits and taste, I have SUPPLIES!!! I should be able not to mess things up too much even without a serious determination and feeling quite down a lot. But it’s not so simple. If something can give me joy, I grab it, I have so little of them now. Something like that. Of course I consider the consequences as a proper hedonist should.

I ate chicken today (and a little pork in the meat soup) as Alvaro’s Mom cooked that, it was nice, not carnivore but very meaty. She can make chicken nicer than me but I was hungry too. It’s still not substantial enough and I ate a lot of chicken (not from my own viewpoint, compared to the content of the pot but it wasn’t very little, she learned I can’t do much with a single chicken leg ;)).
We tasted a new cheese, it is fine but too easy to eat as it’s kind of soft and not super flavorful. But very, very nice. Cheese prices went up a lot too, maybe I mentioned that.
But it’s a quite off weekend again. I will see what happens on Monday, I imagine I jump my pork butts but I will taste Alvaro’s food tomorrow, it will have a lot of smoked pork hock! :heart_eyes: it was on sale, it was so long ago he ate that dish. I tasted the hock (and will keep a piece of it for myself) and it’s nice and ham-like. Yum.
I decided on September I won’t promise anything for October. I probably still will get plans but I just can’t care much right now, I am hurting due to various reasons. Of course I must eat right to avoid feeling even worse but I can afford more than many people, my body is indulgent enough.

I bought so many different items, my 2 fav kinds of sausage was on sale, I found some nice seeming pâté (I read the label this time… almost no sugar and no MSG, yay! I hate the taste of both in my pâté).

Oh! I found rollmops without sweetener!!! Yay!
The price of hake fish went up and my pork is way cheaper and so, so much better and more substantial so I just couldn’t bring myself to buy the stuff. Maybe later. All the tinned fish (herring) I ate lately was enough to turn off my desire toward fish for a while. I mean, I could eat some nice fish but I don’t need it.

But I will focus on meat and eggs, the processed stuff is just for emergencies, variety, days when I am bored of pork… I go for 60-65% fat as it seems to be best for me but I don’t plan these numbers, I just eat lots of leaner pork :slight_smile: I have so much of it now :smiley:
I couldn’t find turkey wings but there are good chances for it in the nearby little town too, it will be fine.

It’s sooo good to be at home again. With my (very icy at this point) freezer fully packed :slight_smile: My 11 eggs bother me a bit but it’s really easy to get some, I just need some DRY days. Seriously, we had rain all the time lately!!! I washed my long white carpet and poor wet thing is outside, trying to get dry… In vain… Once the rain fell on it too but now it’s under the covered part of the terrace. We can’t bring it in when it’s wet, we already use our dehumidifier, the house is so humid… And we can’t really put it anywhere inside. But the carpet needed its wash. I forgot about it when it was hot summer :frowning:
We have sunshine almost every day but even more rain. It was ENOUGH, everything is soaking wet.

(Michael) #8

No pic today as I am mostly eating as I cook. I bought 500 mussels and I have now cooked 400 of them up. Had a different first today though, I bought caviar for the first time and had one ounce as a snack. Was not that good (really really cheap caviar, $9 for 50g), but good enough to eat and get vitamin e through carnivore instead of a cheat food.
Breakfast was:
1 ounce caviar
1 ounce mussels
3 ounces sardines
2 ounce veal thymus
2 ounce chicken liver
3 ounce sheep spleen
5 ounce buffalo heart
5 ounce pork belly
I will be eating more soon, but that was my starting food so far today anyway.

EDIT: I forgot some of my food, added in sardines and chicken liver … and this is why I like to take pictures!

(Linda ) #9

Another day another month…into October we roll… spent the last two days cleaning up the palm frongs the hurricane left us…so sad so many ppl lost their lives their homes everythingfor some…
we were lucky just lots of high winds strong enough to uproot fully grown mango tree of one of the neigbours… bust most around here just plant damage…
@Karen finally you get time to relax and take a breather and have lots of time to figure out what’s your next adventure…

My journey with upping fat knocking back protein still continues so far it seems to be still improving things…teeth are not getting the constant build up I’m pretty sure that’s the butter I noticed I had beef trimming yesterday to see the difference and almost immediately could notice like a coating on the teeth but it definitely knocked hunger longer wasn’t even hungry this morning so no eating til after 2 pm today.
So better teeth, better skin, better hair, im down a couple of pounds but at this point I’m still more concerned with getting bloodsugar glucose lower…the biggest thing is I’m eating a ton of fat as you could see in my photos this last week almost a stick of butter a day + the fat on my meat and im NOT gaining weight…So eating fat doesn’t make you but fat and carbs and fats together do, or for me fat and too much protein does…

Yeah this is many people’s opinion and they have a point but it’s not always that simple, of course, humans never are. It’s definitely harder with much carbs and much fat for most of us (even if it’s all about calories for someone like I am still sure it’s the case with me - maybe not completely but I can’t notice or measure that tiny thing - , carbs can mess up that too, no problem)! Even avoiding carbs to a big extent is easier :wink: While for some people it’s way easier to lose fat with HCHF than doing low-carb in any way. They may be the healthier ones where hormones and metabolism problems don’t mess up things (and probably the rare kind thriving on HCHF? if that is the thing but probably it is, humans are so different and masses have that kind of diet, this would be the only thing that doesn’t happen?).

It’s interesting high-protein can mess with people but now I know it’s a thing too. Hopefully it will be never the case with me, nothing ever hinted at that and I think I am healthy enough. I would mourn my substantial. protein rich meals… They are so, so convenient and do their job.

By the way, what do the much fat instead of causing fat gain? It surely becomes energy, right? As what else could it do… How does it feel?
When it happened to me (but on high-carb or low-carb, I didn’t eat super much fat when I went lower or just for one day), I felt no difference. Sadly, it doesn’t even give me more energy. My metabolism surely quickens as what else would happen but it doesn’t change anything else, apparently. But if I will have high-cal days, I will try to figure out if something is different. But probably a single day doesn’t matter and I never eat very high-cal for multiple days even on keto. I wonder if that would cause something…
Of course my satiation tend to last longer or I get satiated again easier if I eat a lot above my needs but I feel the same.

(Karen) #11

Had a bit of an episode today. I had put my vaccines appt time on the kitchen worktop, been there a few days and got busy doing stuff … clearing out uniform of all things … came downstairs and noticed the note, 11.45am, looked at my watch and it was 11.47am :astonished: 8 hate being ate or missing an appt and the dr surgery phone line was closed so I couldn’t speak to anyone so I ended up rushing upstairs, changed out of my pj’s and set off in the hopes I would still get my vaccines. Had to park in the overflow car park at superstore and ran to the surgery in sandals, which in itself wasn’t a good idea. Felt okay, had the vaccines, didn’t feel thing, had a bit of a joke and started walking back to my car. Well as soon as I left I though heck I don’t feel good, gradually serious pains started in my hips and lower back so I guessed that was because I had been running heavily in the sandals. Got to the car, could stand up, couldn’t sit down, started feeling nauseous, started sweating and feeling woozy :unamused: i really thought I was maybe having another Stroke. Eventually things calmed enough for me to be able to walk back to the surgery. The staff were super lovely and unlocked the door as they had finished and were donning coats and preparing to leave. BP was erratic but eventually calmed, I had serious indigestion (hadn’t eaten anything, and nurses thought I had a panick/anxiety attack :roll_eyes: my daughter and son in law came and got me as fortunately SiL is insured to drive any car and drove mine home. I have sat this afternoon with blanket and hot water bottle on lap as I felt quite cold. It was a scarey moment. Had headache most of the afternoon and resoeted to a couple of head tablets and that seemed to do the trick. It was nothing to do with the jabs cos i think the gradual onset was as I was standing waiting to get jabs with the nurse. Going to bed now, 9pm, so hopefully I will feel tip top tomorrow as I have a tea dance to go to!

Was ordered to eat so I cooked 2 rump steaks which were nice, followed by 2 duck eggs and some mussels. Then later this afternoon about 5.45pm had 3 rashers bacon.

(Linda ) #12

Sorry to hear you didn’t feel so good, could it have been a panic attack? I’ve experienced similar feelings minus the pain I get dizzy to the point I feel I’m gonna pass out all color in my face goes white blood pressure low and hearing like it’s under water …
Scary and horrible.

Hope you feel better.

@ shanita high fat for me in feelings have been like night and day…initially i was a bit hungry so I just munched on extra fat…now im almost forcing food down by my 2nd meal just to get a min goal of protein .

When I started this i started by making a fatty coffee to start the day and I’d be looking for maybe a 2nd one later in the day…
Now the last couple of days I can’t even finish the first one just over half which is taking hours to drink and I’m put the left over in the fridge I’m no longer interested in it if im thirsty I just get a sparkling water.

The drs say that if you don’t get enough protein you keep eating til you get it…well I used to eat meat til full and then I’d be able to snack more protein later maybe 20 mins later but now as I said I’m force feeding it in…im not interested in food it’s great…

I’ve always liked fatty meat and now I can get stuffed full on 100g/ 4 ounces and not be hungry for hours…

But with my drink I can’t eat more than twice…
…

(Judy Thompson) #13

Happy Rocktober to ALL us Rockstar Carnivores! True to the season it’s rainy and cold here in Virginia, mostly in the 50s today. We didn’t get too much fallout from Ian but just a little wind and rain, not too much to walk the pups today.
After the late gig lastnight at Union Station we were beat. Pups got me up at 7 for their walk and I taught the guitar student and violin student on Saturdays, took the pups for another walk and then put lunch together - for me, chicken and beef tenderloin. The end of the tenderloin so tomorrow gonna hit the commissary and get another one!
After lunch, a 3 hour nap. He had the TV on but that didn’t bother me one bit sacked out on the couch, two dogs on top of me keeping me warm :smiley:
Back up at 4:30 and out for another walk. Now it’s 7: 45 and we’re chilling, he’s channel surfing, yuck.
The pups have been mostly through their treats of dried chicken and gizzards this week. They mostly love the gizzards so will get them more organ meats tomorrow to go with the breast. I balance bone meal with organ meats and watch their stools to get the right balance.

@Karen18 OMG what a scare!! I always think, REST. Rest, you’ve missed out on a lot of sleep through your esteemed career and now maybe time to make up for some of that sleep. Baby steps, but it’s already showing that you’re getting more sleep without the worries you didn’t even know you had. So happy it was NOT another stroke and you’re gonna be okay. Enjoy the tea dance tomorrow!
@Fangs Glad you weren’t hit by the storm. I bet the kiddies were happy to have a day off school anyway :slight_smile: I love how they use the term “off the grid” instead of blackout or electric’s out. So trendy! LOL

Thinking about how I was a year or three ago, I’m very happy with improvements this woe has brought me. In addition to the weight loss and looking better, the strength in my legs is better and I can use the stairs whereas before, there was too much arthritis pain to go up and down the stairs very much during the day. In this house, the kitchen isn’t complete so I go to the basement to do some of the cooking and this trip, it’s much easier than it’s been before. On the gig also, lots of walking and stair climbing is not much trouble, whereas before, the sciatica and arthritis would make it difficult to the point where people would come up and ask if I needed help. (I keep waiting for the offer of help, lol). Working through some of the old layers of issues in the cleansing protocol of everyday carni living, I’m recognizing the old issues and moving through them. @Fangs Yes, very much looking forward to my Carniversary on Jan 12th 2023!

(Megan) #14

It’s great reading about your changes Judy, definitely worth celebrating. My arthritis pain has dropped significantly too.

I’d be happy if we ditched the term ZC completely. It just causes confusion. I call myself carnivore and if people want to know more I say I eat foods from animal sources only.

(Megan) #15

Wow Karen, not good at all. I agree with folks here, rest up. I’m really glad the staff were super lovely. How are you feeling now?

(Megan) #16

Hey Linda! It’s awesome reading your new woe is working well for you. Not being hungry, despite a lot of cals (from all the fat) can be a real blessing huh? I bought a lot of pork belly yesterday and am going to have a pork belly week. Maybe one day I’ll not want to gag at the thought and taste of eating butter and ghee and raw or slightly cooked beef fat, but pork belly I can do! :crazy_face:

I used to think emojis were dumb but me and crazy face are becoming good friends! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

(Linda ) #17

You dont have to eat butter or beef fat… a butter mayo a hollindaise sauce also if your losing using cream make the most of it…it just has to be fat lol if dairy works use it if you stall or stop losing thats when you adjust…

Ouch, @Karen18 , what could it possibly be…? Sorry to hear you had an episode but hopefully you are better now? But it would be good to solve the underlying issue, whatever that is… Scary.
I think we on this thread had enough serious problems (I mean not the normal frequent and sometimes even useful little ones but health problems, strokes and deaths…) lately :frowning: My quota is surely up.

@Azi: Thanks for the info! My satiation on and even near carnivore is all over the place. Sometimes I eat a lot, sometimes I stuff myself 4-5 times just to get some minimal amount of food… I feel safer to focus on protein as I won’t end up eating less than planned with too little protein during the day… But of course, too little fat doesn’t work either and never figured out if I can just eat more fat later when I get hungry as how could I eat only fat? I live on protein sources. But I choose fattier meats when my protein is already high and I am hungry. It would be tricky with high-fat - though I am not sure, I can’t extrapolate from my fat fast but it satiated me too easily. Maybe more protein would help eating my safe amount but super fatty items are good at satiating me without much protein, it’s the only case I can stay low with it but of course I don’t want that if it’s not very occasional.

What I heard about people this far, it’s totally broken in many people. It’s kind of true for me, I wrote before that if I eat to satiation then I eat until my ~120g protein is up BUT a super high fat content keeps me from eating this usual minimal amount of protein. Fat fast and egg fast surely did it - oh it’s not such a severe extrapolation in the latter case, I just forgot that 8 horrible hours in my life (I couldn’t last longer, I did my best to do something that wrong. I instinctively hated egg fasts so I avoided them for long but I was curious so when I was ready to live a whole day without vegs, I tried it. I ate a little vegetable on my fat fast, of course, it was before carnivore and it was me, after all)… So even with some protein present, very high fat percentage mess with my satiation and I reach it with low protein (I didn’t wait until midnight at egg fast though… but I didn’t want protein anyway. I felt I needed carbs for balance. crazy. egg fast messed me up epically…).
So I am a bit vary with very high fat for multiple reasons. But I do plan to try it out for a very short time. Even if I don’t need it, my curiosity couldn’t care less. I tried out fat fast without fulfilling the conditions for it too and it was a good idea, it was so new and surprising. Never could get satiated so easily and completely without much protein and a lot of food before. Very high fat is another world where my previous knowledge about my satiation doesn’t help.

I wrote too much about me again :frowning: I wrote about my pork hock then! It was already cooked but it got SUPER tender in the pressure cooker! I had no proper meal yet but I was working in the kitchen, the lovely pork hock being warm and inviting in a bowl, with a little piece broken off… I have my limits. But I barely tasted it and it’s wonderful, we need to buy it more often (not even too salty! smoked stuff is often super salty but it’s cooked too and not a raw dry thing with a long shelf life so less salt works)! I will even eat the skin, it’s so soft and easy to chew! Probably the cats get some too, I prefer the meat and fat but it’s not bad :wink: Alvaro surely never would touch inferior things like pork skin :smiley: But I like it as long as I can chew or ground it. Smoked pork skin gives my eggs a wonderful taste, I love the end result, not the work. My grinders may or may not be cooperative, it depends on the skin of course. Tender skin is no problem.

Have a nice pork belly week! That’s my kind of super fatty carni food too :wink: A ton of added fat just isn’t the same, not even remotely. I even like pork jowl made in a specific way and that’s 86% fat in weight. It’s almost fully fat but it has a wee bit of meat making all the difference… And it’s slowly cooked, smoked and flavored and that does wonders to pork fat tissue, it’s so tender and tasty…
If I want to try very high-fat, that must happen with lots of pork belly and pork jowl.
(On keto I could just eat a ton of chocolate, mine is 90% fat and I loved it. It’s still okay but eating much of it won’t happen again.)
But I would open a bag of cream too if it’s just for 1-2 days. I don’t find that route good long term (and it would mess with my almost no coffee training. cream and coffee was made for together ;)).

MAYBE high-fat would teach me something, who knows? At least indulge my curiosity…
But it’s for later, today I will roast a big slab of leaner pork and except some wonderful days.

oh heck no. It is the one word that truly doesn’t define the plan any more after it was coined later in the lifestyle game :sunny: the ‘term carnivore’ is SO wrecked out there truly and I see it all the times on forums. Even Shawn Bakers World Carni Tribe is SO screwed up. He ‘once said’ anyone ‘coming into carnivore’ should walk some baby steps like doing 70/80% meat and keeping the 30/20% as ‘they change’ and ‘come here into all animal 100% off all plant carbs’ but it got warped by the masses. Now on his site they eat ‘honey cause it is natural from an animal’ and they ‘eat seasonal berries’ cause it is a local in season source and they claim it is ‘carnivore plan’ and funny thing is I GOT TOLD I was wrong!! :100::laughing: Many told me honey and seasonal fruit in the 80/20 form IS CARNIVORE and I am like WTH? you don’t have a clue but they all said Baker said it…so many are following jsut that and chat all the time it is correct so to me the term carnivore is a mess out there on forums…Baker and his admin/mods do 0 about it…massive big sigh and ugh and :exploding_head: on it. Needless to say I had to leave that forum quicker than later before my head exploded. even my messages to the mods got unanswered…what a joke that entire site is but I do know where is way better correct carnivore sites out there.

then ya got Paul S who ‘was carnviore all in’ til he decided he could eat honey and fruit LOL and confused the masses again!!! but ol’ school like CW and KH are ZC and yet they use the newer term of carnivore more rarely cause it is how they came into the lifestyle and still hold it pure, animal only, as the Dino I am came into it :astonished: ZC actually holds a way stronger lifestyle guideline and description to this day now out there, again, NOW personal opinion here.

ZC leaves 0 interpretation to it. We always say ZC is coined as ‘no plant carbs ever’ and we are good to go and there is 0 confusion on it…well for most :clown_face::sunglasses: but what is considered carnivore out there is the big world ain’t as simple at all.

@JJFiddle
wow on great post about your joints and body coming around off the ick foods!! healing, repair in progress and you are getting ‘younger by the day’ gal!!

You know we all ‘call it arthritis pain and/or gettin’ old’r pain’ but in the end a ton of times you do not have ‘real arthritis’ at all. It is oxalates in joints that are dissolving and leaving and it is about your new repaired connective tissue coming to life as it should be…but of course ‘as we age’ we are 'gonna get some ‘real arthritis’ issues as we sure as heck ‘used our joints’ in bigger capacity ya know. So happy you are doing so well feeling so much better, mobility is key to life and we get that truly thru our bodies on how we eat and lubricate and give it vital nutrition! Super cool!!

@Karen18
you hyped you out…simple as that. WARP SPEED under stress making that appt to get those shots. Yea I been there, not awake truly and ya push into anxiety levels and you ‘got shots’ and not sure what ya got, but then ya went down a bit into scary…I truly think it was body overload out the door and then throw on SHOTS…ugh.

Now K, you stop doing warp speed stuff and stress :slight_smile: :slight_smile: of course you will LOL but you will be fine and I am sure you went into hyper scary mode of another stroke issues? and that set ya off worse.

remember YOUR time is yours now. Not ‘having to make any darn appt’ unless absolutely dire, you can reschedule :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I had to learn this when I retired also…there is nothing we ‘have to do’ cause we can schedule it again ya know :wink: but your mind frame is not there just yet. You warped yourself out of the house at light speed and with vaccines, yea your body reacted for sure but remember again, your time is yours. A call to say I need to reschedule the shot cause I missed it is easy and simple…yea you coulda done that but of course you are in an ol’ mind frame of gotta get it done NOW cause I have no other time to do it :slight_smile: But ya do :partying_face: So hang in there and go easy on you K!

I am super happy you came thru ok. You are a great zc friend on the net and I would never want anything to happen to you, only good times in your new retirement to suit you!!!

----------------------ok catching up LOL
lost power but this ol’ farmer has genny’s and I am a ‘prepper type’ and I am an ‘off the grid’ type and I can handle any zombie apocolypse that comes my way…yes I am that type HAHA

Got power back after about 6 hrs. so all good. You know electric is life point blank. without it, total chaos and not too long for the entire planet to hit that without power LOL makes one think!

I did make the mini meatloaf yesterday cause I wanted an egg. I am not one to ‘top eggs’ on food. Never liked that but hidden in meatloaf it suits me. YUM then I polished off about 2 chick breasts with alot of butter and soaked that up and delish.

today is chicken for sure as first meal. butter or alfredo, not sure, will deal later. Dinner tonight will be some beef, probably a ribeye steak.

But I AM TRULY starting to get a seafood hankering…my crab. I think some high damn $$ are gonna be spent soon, when momma zc bear needs her fix to this level, yea she best get it :wink:

(Robin) #20

Well, that sounds terrible, Karen! I’m kinda surprised they let you leave the doctors actually. Even tho you said it started before your shot. Anxious to hear how you feel now!