Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

(Mary) #102

You may be surprised by how little a Grey eats (see above re couch potato tendencies :joy:). My 3 would each get a chicken thigh (with skin and bone) or turkey neck, or similar sized meal and none of them were remotely thin… I hesitate to imagine what they eat when racing (to keep their weight down)

(Vic) #103

Recently I ate raw for 2 1/2 weeks. For no particular reason other then not wanting to waiste time on restaurant meals.

I don’t think that it is more healthy than cooked food or anything like that, but there are some noticeable differences as opposed to cooked food.

When hungry, the first bite tastes heavenly good, way better then anything cooked.
The satiation feeling is very strong and abrupt, when full, 1 more bite taste discusting and it is impossible to over eat.
I eat about 20% less when eating raw and loose a couple of kg weight.
After 2 weeks it get very boring and I strongly prefer cooked meat again.

I guess the gut bacteria also changes, can feel it the first days and poop is darker.

I dont recomend it, it is boring. But it is something we can do if we want to and it does bring you closer to Nature and makes you eat less.

It also doesn’t bring you any closer in social circles. Eating raw meat is not the social norm at a walking dinner party :joy:
The other day while I was alone in my office munching a raw ox heart. The cleaning lady walked in behind me. She left immediately and I could see in her eye’s that the poor girl was afraid of me for a few days, in the end the smile came back.

I am an asocial half-hermit but I eat pork so raw is definitely out. One just doesn’t eat raw pork.
But I must say raw chicken liver, raw beef or anything else didn’t tempt me yet either. Okay, raw beef is totally a thing, I still would be a bit afraid, cooked is safer…

And I love my very well-cooked meat, thank you very much. I only eat eggs raw, that’s fine and dandy :slight_smile: Milk too if I get some.

But the story with the ox heart and cleaning lady, that was super funny to me :joy:
I am so used to carnivore things now, I even get surprised when I see that normal people has a different attitude than me at this point… Though I never was particularly closed-minded. Just because I don’t do something, others may, no problem.

Today I got hungry early, at least it was past noon this time… I don’t even want to talk about my food much anymore, it’s boring (not to eat, to talk about often when it doesn’t change), the same as always lately, I still have pork roast left, I always have sponge cakes (I have just made another 12 and ate my 4 special ones with ham powder), I stopped using butter, lard and sour cream (well I ate a tiny bit but Alvaro will need it for his cabbage soup), no more whipped cream for me either for a while (Alvaro stated he needs it for his pudding and okay, I ate enough of it already) but I still eat a little cheese here and there :slight_smile:
I had a sausage again but I only will use it in scrambled eggs or quiche in the past, it’s way too spicy for me to enjoy it normally.

@Karen18: I just saw your begonias, they are pretty! Alvaro was standing next to me (I showed him the dogs in the thread) and asked “oh, what are those flowers? are they edible?”.
OMG.
(By the way he never eats flowers - normal ones, he does eat cauliflowers -, not even the ones we have and some people eat like pansies…)

I made some research about how the average Hungarian eats… It started in another thread and Americans eating low-fat. I was pretty sure Hungarians don’t do that, isn’t people just eat whatever is tasty normally and that stuff is typically fatty? We have our traditions and pigs too…
I didn’t find very recent data but in 2005, 144g, in 2013, 131g fat as average, nope, it doesn’t seem we eat low-fat. But meat and egg consumption diminishes every year… Meat is mostly pork and fowl, 4% beef, 4% organ, 4% other animals (horse, mutton, rabbit, etc.).
Protein is pretty good, of course not my level but the bare minimum is met (well, on average, obviously many people eat too little).
4 eggs per week, 150g meat per day…
I saw data for the 20th century too, fat was always high, it went higher, actually (now it slowly diminishes but we still have a lot and with all the carbs, it’s actually much, 2/3th of the population is overweight or obese) but plant fats got a bigger percentage and experts got happy because of that… Sigh. Some articles weren’t very healthy to me. Others pointed out that while cholesterol and animal fat consumption went down, death due to heart problems shot up so maybe not some fatty pork is the culprit and doctors actually blamed carbs in older times…

But I was just curious about the average. It is always interesting to see these things.

(Michael) #106

Breakfast, took second picture once I had made room for spleen

Have a good weekend everyone

(Karen) #107

Hahah yeah thanks I got lost in the first paragraph about percentages lol. No worries I will look it all up. I already know about bones etc and how a dog should look. I have had dogs in the past, was always strict with food. I used yo look after my parents dogs whe they went abroad and Dad always joked they were going to the health farm lol. They always lost a lb or 2 while with me and they needed it! My mum used to kill them with kindness!.

(Karen) #108

Fairly good night … it would appear, at the moment, that my sleep pattern has altered for the better … Still no as good as it could be but I am not grumbling, just embracing :slightly_smiling_face:

Stair runs done then a brew n read in the garden and brunch of one beef burger before walking into Long Eaton only to realise I wanted PoundStretchers which is in the retail park next to where I live! :roll_eyes: so I returned and walked to retail park then home again. I was then ready to eat something else so started cooking 3 chicken thighs with a curry spice. As i was cooking my neighbour dalled to see if I wanted to go for a walk lol so I had a small part of the food I hd cooked and then down tools and went walking with her and her doggo. Ended up doing just under 10m today. Feeling a bit tired now… Will be off to bed shortly.

Forgot to take pic of burger, this is the one in the pack of 2 that I didn’t cook lo.

The chicken thigh sliced and quickly cooked in curry spice and butter

Reheated what I didn’t have time to eat before the walk.

Ribeye steak

2 sausages plus 3 rashers of bacon that i ate while they were cooking lok

Also snacked on some cheese.

I found a dietary guide too.
It’s utterly awful… HOW people can get most things soooo very wrong I have no idea but the “experts” who did it for my country managed that. Oh they said a few okay things too, too bad it was a tiny fragment of the whole thing… Except for exercise, that was okay to me.
Some parts were quite odd, like, well my abbreviation but it was basically… “Fat is very important. AVOID it.”
I don’t even know how their mind works…
Oh the alcohol (don’t drink it ever but even they know it’s a tad much for Hungarians), women should drink 2dl beer or 2cl strong booze at most at once :slight_smile: I seriously doubt many people can do that besides me. It’s totally my portion :smiley: And even I consider it ridiculous :slight_smile: But it’s nice for me and it’s booze, we don’t NEED it. I never read a guide for drinking alcohol so it was interesting.

IDK if others read such guides, it was my first time… Of course, I couldn’t avoid some parts of it here and there, good I am so good at ignoring and forgetting such things. But apparently the average person couldn’t care less either. Good. Not like the average person does it right, they totally don’t. Hence the pretty bad obesity problem we have.

At least they weren’t against meat. The recommended amount was actually significantly higher than what the average person eats according to the data I have found earlier. Of course it should be lean and one should forget about ALL added fat… They were pretty much against poor fat. (But if it’s fat, it should be plant fat, of course.) Oh don’t use salt either.
And there were some odd statements. Like grains are protein rich and most fruits are low-carb…
They liked eggs. As long as it’s super well cooked (just like all meat and they imagine doing some thorough cooking before eating leftovers too. they are totally delusional or paranoid. possibly both) and of course a few eggs per week as cholesterol omg. Poor praised nutrition rich eggs can’t really use their wonderful protein (one of the best sources, they say and yep, it is) if we only get a tiny amount of it.
The recommended amount of milk is 0.5 liter per day, by the way. Because of calcium.
And I thought I was wild with it lately (it was a short phase, of course)…

They even gave example menus I would have hated with a passion as a high-carber. Alvaro is the same, of course. And most people I suppose. How could someone eat ONLY carbs for a meal, seriously? (Without being tempted to kill whoever forced it on them? But maybe that is just me.)

What will happen with this country? I just hope people will continue going against the guidelines, not as much as they should but still.

I had some night meat eating again (and eggs and cheese). I felt a bit off and thought maybe it helps and I think it did. I am quite full now, I doubt I needed the protein and fat at that point, it was… Medicinal.
Tomorrow I finish this 2885g pork I started eating on Monday. 412g per day and it’s only the proper meat part though I only had 2 sausages (120g) and a little deli meat this week. Nearly a pound of meat a day then. I am curious what will happen if I don’t eat meat at night as well…

(Megan) #110

lol you said you wanted precise info on how we do doggo food. I hope some of it was useful at least :purple_heart:

(Judy Thompson) #111

@carnivoor2 I like raw meat sometimes. Especially good hamburger meat, and will sometimes sample a bit of a roast before cooking, either beef or pork. I used to love sushi before I stopped eating veggies and the little bit of rice that’s in it - could just have the sashimi now I guess. I have been known to buy a lb of hamburger and finish it on the way home. Your story of the cleaning lady is hilarious!
Today, by the time I finished morning music lessons I was running late to meet my daughter and take her to look at a car. We went and looked at that car and suddenly I realized I was pretty hungry and that it was nearly 4pm. We found a crab place that although expensive, offered wings as a cheap appetizer so we had those and she ordered sausage, which came all cut up in a dish by itself. I said well, look at us, out for a carnivore meal!

Later, we went by her boyfriend’s house and he took us to the Korean hot pot place. It was better for me this time as I started with a chicken broth and just added meats and fish I knew would work for me. I also poached an egg in it a couple times. They have a sauce bar to get seasonings, peppers and herbs. I got soy sauce and hot pepper oil, just to have some flavor, and it turned out to be workable and tasted good, so I think it was a success. Restaurants are so problematic these days, if a meal is modestly successful and no belly ache, that’s good enough.

Are carnivores allowed to like forests?

Even if I was a carnivore, I totally would be allowed to even photograph fungi! :smiley:

My walk was so tiring, nice but too exciting and too tiring so I will bring some photos later. I saw so many bracket fungi, pretty ones. I photographed lots of fungi, Alvaro did the same to smoke trees, they started to get all red :smiley:

We arrived home tired, thirsty and hungry. I try to focus on pork roast and eggs today. I am at the last slices of my roast so I got out another fresh ham slab from the freezer. It’s unusual for me not to have a break after so many porky days but I am not bored of it yet (but I didn’t do it as pure as I wanted either… pork and eggs and little else, it should work for some days… but I always start to add things lately). But I will fry some chicken liver too. Today I have meat soup with poached eggs - and my usual things, I added a spicy sausage again as the leftover pork roast is leaner than what I enjoyed before.

(Robin) #114

As long as we don’t eat any endangered species there.

(Michael) #115

Breakfast today, a bit smaller than yesterday. 1 ounce mussels, beef liver, chicken liver, 2 ounces snails, bone marrow, raw sheep testicles and salmon roe, 6 ounces beef heart (mostly raw).

(Karen) #116

It was and I appreciate it. We are going to make a day of it of Sunday and take my son out with us to the greyhound event.

(Karen) #117

Absolutely! :smiley:

I have had a quiet kind of day. Stair runs done, bath and hair wash and outside for what has become my ‘norm’ brew n read. I love that fresh air first thing. I stayed outside most of the day and after reading did some dead heading, weeding and general tidy up of the planters. Still looks colourful. So nice to fill one very small bin liner every 2 to 3 weeks instead of 6 or 7 large black garden refuse bags every week!.

About 1pm I got a bit peckish and wasn’t too sure I would manage till meal time so had a small bit of cheese to tide me over. Sian and her hubby took me out for a retirement celebratory meal at 3.30pm at the all you can eat place in Derby where they took me for my birthday.

I had 2 platefuls of the following:
Plate 1
Char Su pork
Pork ribs
Mussels
Beef
Peking Duck
Piri piri chicken wings

Plate 2
Chicken in oyster sauce(scraped most of the sauce off)
Pork ribs
Small cocktail sausage
Braised pork
Smoked salmon
Peking duck … again yum
Lamb rogan josh
Char Su pork … again yum

About 90% of the meats I chose were fatty and I made sure I picked up the most fattiest lol scraped sauces off those that came in a sauce and it was all very tasty and tender. Wasn’t stuffed … just right. Both my daughter and her hubby said they felt a bit stuffed at the end but they did have carbs with theirs.

(Megan) #118

Yum! Looks amazing Karen.

(Karen) #119

It was lol, 2nd time in that restaurant and just as good se 2nd time round 🥲

yes of course. we love them. it is home to alot of our meals :wink: we love forests.

that is wonderful. you are finding your ‘love and go to’ carnivore meals. we all have them, you seem to be settling our yours now! Cool

WOW what a nice retirement party for you and plate 1, yum, then like any great carnivore should do…plate 2. Such a nice DD…glad you had fun and more great days ‘with no darn work’ are gonna shine for you!

-----------I hit into some busy times. dealing with MIL in her nursing facility home now. not bad, she is doing ‘ok’ but paperwork and fixing med prescip deliveries and more…oh my gosh can we all say like red tape, like pulling teeth just to get someone to DO what they say they are gonna do LOL

today is big NY Strip steak later
second meal, not sure. family getting spaghetti/meatballs so I will probably just eat a bunch of them and cook more? but ya know a ‘meatball’ to my eyeballs never is a good fit LOL I would rather see a mini meatloaf in front of me or big ol’ bacon cheeseburger patties, yea, make burgers or mini loaf for me out of the burger meat I use.
Again, strange cause it is the same old meat but I like carnivore eye candy also. Yea weirdo me but it works :sunny:

zc on strong guys!!

Beautiful day, Alvaro sorted out and slightly changed the photos we made while I was sleeping (he tried to do his duty and wake me up but it wasn’t very successful and he thought maybe I need more… we both aren’t energetic lately even compared to our normal low-energy selves) so I just need to put some here.
The position of the sun wasn’t so great here, oh well, this is the nearby pond from the “Pine Hill”. The place probably has no official name but it’s Pine Hill to us.

The smoke trees got colorful, not all yet but many of them!

I try not to bring every cute shrooms but here is some spectacular lovely bracket fungi!

My lunch was mostly pork roast with some eggs and cheese. This new, smaller slab had some nice thick fat layer on it too and those bites were so much tastier… I will have more pork and some chicken liver for dinner. And eggs but I always eat eggs but it’s less than usual today.
I have some coffee with milk, this time modestly :slight_smile:

Lovely autumn weather. Cooler than the previous days but pretty nice. After yesterday’s 4 hour forest walk I don’t even wanna go out (I just mowed some… mostly weed at that part, there is a very lively effective one that got happy due to the rain and now it’s absolutely everywhere in huge numbers) but Alvaro has things to do in the city so he went by bicycle… Okay, it’s only 20-25km far and the bigger half of the time there is no elevation as we reach the Great Hungarian Plain… But it would be much for me.

We decided what we pack for tomorrow (the day of the funeral so we leave at dawn and arrive in the evening). I will calculate how much meat I need to get my 120g protein (and add some egg and little cheese) and Alvaro brings peanuts. Poor soul, mine is so much better (and I like peanuts but it’s not proper food :D). Oh well. Each to their own. He will eat properly in the morning and in the evening in peace at home, I suppose.