Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

Plant Never-Never Land.

No. No. No way. Plants never-mber.
For context listen to this. It is bookmarked at the key moment.

or
Moovember

Sounds like the pork was perfect. It looks delicious. More fat mixed in the meat cut does produce a more satisfying meal, I think.

That is a particularly large deadly snake. It can kill a human. They are not aggressive. Unless you try and pick it up. Alvaro wouldnā€™t last long. That skink (being eaten) is about as big as your forearm. There is a more aggressive snake called a tiger-snake that is out and about as well. In water-logged areas. That one will chase you. It is known locally for killing horses.

On plan. Grinding through admin tasks. Ocean swim yesterday. Still getting small runs of palpitations, so am salting up and drinking beef bone broth. Baked lamb chops last night. Cattlemanā€™s steak tonight. Iā€™m alternating my ruminants. Iā€™ll add some mackerel I think. Bacon and eggs breakfast at noon.

@Naghite Michael - fabulous plates!

Iā€™m wondering now as well. I have read and listened so much that it was a lasting impression.
I went and looked for some info, and it corroborates your comment.

I went to the ER a few times in 2017/18 before trying treatment at home. I donā€™t like the hospital. And I had a tired-looking cardiologist who was keen to fry part of my heart. I was not as keen as him.

Alvaro isnā€™t stupid. He would respect Ozzy snakes :slight_smile: He just grabs them in Hungary (and wouldnā€™t do it with our vipers). He might have needed some mental training to get used to the idea of NOT grabbing every snakes but I trust he would be successful.

What does that mean? I am very much not knowledgeable about health problem related thingsā€¦
But I experienced such attitude in a way, way, way tinier scale. I refused the unnecessary destruction myself. Even if it wasnā€™t anything nearly as important as a heart. But unnecessarily? Doctors are crazy sometimes and I experienced itā€™s useful if I am ready to protect my own health even against their opinion. I was lucky, I could decide if something is worse for me, obviously sometimes my lack of knowledge forces me to trustā€¦ Not them, more like my luck/guardian angel but actually both.

I made those scratching-type things. I researched the terms again, oh didnā€™t know scratchings and cracklings have that differenceā€¦ And Iā€™ve read shank is used, is it true? Because our Hungarian term has a wikipedia definition that isnā€™t like my experience all my lifeā€¦ But I keep myself from talking about this topic again, I can get carried away :smiley:
Yum. I got 30g lard and these little lovelies. I need meat with them, I dislike fat alone but I like the subtle crunchiness. I think one needs the skin for real crunch. Or very well fried meat but thatā€™s often hard, differently crunchy. I prefer skin+fat+meat bites. I should make such things but I rarely buy pork belly, too fatty. Good for making lard though but I need so little lard and I get that from my fattier meats. Now I have a whole cup, it should last for quite a few weeks. But it will last longer as I have bacon ends and that is perfect to make scrambled eggsā€¦ What else would I use lard for? Maybe with my sponge cakes, to eat the very classic bread with lard. I wonder which countries have that - or what is it NOW in Hungary. I donā€™t know about Hungary much nowadays, I am a hermit. I donā€™t even talk with Hungarians, usually, not even online. So only the most major things reach me. But my generation grew up with bread with lard and often sliced onion (lard was used mostly for that as sunflower oil was the one and only cooking oil in the last too many decades. why the people let that to be I wonder, even Mom and she was a little peasant girl in the beginning. and she ate very much pork fat tissue so she clearly had no problem with lardā€¦ why did she use sunflower oil and margarine(! as if we were poor to buy butter)?! I donā€™t understand. one should do better if there is an impressionable kid who knows little). It (the bread and lard and always onions too) was a very common hiking food (eaten after hiking, mostly) several years ago, I havenā€™t gone on an organized hiking since quite a few yearsā€¦ But it wasnā€™t THAT long ago and Hungarians arenā€™t particularly responsive to those vegan low-fat whatever I see way too often. Good :slight_smile:

After yesterday I just eat some leftover meat (I have meaty pĆ¢tĆ© and some pork chuck. and a bite from this last fatty pork. and maybe Alvaro gives me some of hisā€¦ I really liked it, I disliked having very greasy hands, I wash them too many times nowadays due to it) and non-meat items. I eat so little eggs lately, interesting. It probably will change but I donā€™t want to go back to many eggs per day, itā€™s not satiating enough. It would be nice to eat only eggs when not satiated at night as I can overdo meat. Maybe lean meat is okay but fatty meatā€¦ I just make another big meal even if I only need a little extra and fatty pork is very, very tempting and that doesnā€™t help.
But I hope I will be able to eat enough during the day! That would be best. Itā€™s not convenient to be borderline unsatiated at midnight. I always eat then as I donā€™t like that feeling. I need to be perfectly satiated at bedtime. And just a few bites of meat can make a difference, it seems. Though my protein need seemed to go up latelyā€¦? But I donā€™t know, I need tracking and proper carni days, that will happen in November and I will see.

(Robin) #265

I vote for MOOvember! Love it.

(Linda ) #266

Finally my Dr admits pmsf was a failure to his patientsā€¦I knew that the first week but he really wanted to have his experimentā€¦Im so pleased I wasnā€™t his only patient that bucked his idea that lean protein was great for usā€¦

Still continuing with higher fat lower protein ā€¦when I really donā€™t measure I notice my ketones drop like crazyā€¦its great to see so many ppl that couldnā€™t get results with carnivore before being successful for me I love the fact I just donā€™t have the hungerā€¦I def need fat with my meat.
@FrankoBear yeah I dont add any salt to my food unless I really feel I want itā€¦

(Karen) #267

Cheese Omelette for brunch, chicken wings for evening meal. I also had 2 salmon fillets that I was sure I had taken photo of but obviously hadnā€™t.

Kitty sitting this weekend, went over early evening to play but 9nly stopped about an hour and a bit. She seems to have settled in very well into their new home.

(Judy Thompson) #268

Me too!

(Judy Thompson) #269

Weā€™re counting down the Virginia days now, just the weekend remains before weā€™re headed back to Texas on Monday. We have a long gig tomorrow night before packing the car on Sunday.
Grocery shopping this morning, I got liverwurst and sharp cheddar for evening snacks on the road. We still have meat for the weekend and to pack in the cooler - on this woe there is always plenty of food!
I tried on jeans this morning and bought 2 pairs of size 12. I havenā€™t worn size 12 since 2007, and finally can retire the size 16 jeans Iā€™ve worn for the past few months that have been too big for awhile now (performance pants I bought in September are size 14.)

Just fixed some slices of pork roast for both of us when I got home, since a studentā€™s parents had invited us to dinner tonight. Sheā€™d kept asking, ā€œWhat do you like - pasta?ā€ to which Iā€™d say no, MEAT please :rofl:
So we got there about 5 and their bbq grill was GROANING with chicken, steak, sausage, and some plantains (theyā€™re South American). I had a piece of steak, a chicken thigh and a lovely sausage but wish Iā€™d thought to take pics!

(Megan) #270

Thankfully very little is poisonous here across the ditch! One not very common spider that tends to live in driftwood at the beach, and Iā€™ve never heard of anyone dying or getting critically ill from being bitten. Are the snakes and other nasties in peoplesā€™ back yards a lot more now b/c we humans keep moving in on their territory?

Definitely!!

I donā€™t like hospitals either but please go if things get dangerous! Maybe there are treatment options other than the one proposed by the cardiologist?

(Karen) #271

Wow fantastic drop in pants size you must be feeling so good in yourself :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:
And what fabulous parents of your student to accommodate your woe. Did they ask you if you wanted sides lol as a rule people just donā€™t get it that you can be happy with just meat and always want to just 'make sure they tend to think we canā€™t possibly be happy :rofl::rofl:

Kitty looking well comfortable sitting on my lap this morning

(Michael) #272

Sounds bad, but what you mean is ā€œI am glad I was not aloneā€! I watched the video. I feel there are number of incorrect and misleading statements in the video - admittedly not a big fan of him. Here are just a couple off the top of my head that I heard while skimming through the video.

We did not know that insulin was not released from GNG produced glucose. False, has been known and published since 2016 or earlier and is common knowledge with those in the field - why did he NOT know this?

Eating protein does not produce insulin response without GLP1 from fat. Definitely false, and many many papers show this is a false statement. Just plain wrong - so wrong, I am dumbfounded by this statement.

When you eat 150g of protein it cannot be processed so you should split the meal in two to use more of the protein. Then they go on to discuss how it takes hours to digest protein, which contradicts the concept that you need to split protein up. The body already digests protein slowly so that is can use it as needed (somewhat).

Every time I listen to this guy he says things which are obviously or borderline false and confusing. Glad things are working out for you eating smaller meals with more fat - the key is the fat/energy though I am sure.

(Michael) #273

Eating early today, breakfast

In ounces
1 bone marrow
1 chicken liver
1 beef liver
1 mussels
2 pork belly
2 oxtail
2 raw testicles
3 thymus
3 spleen
6 beef heart

@Karen18: Golden wings! :smiley: Looks perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What is not perfect is this horrible foggy weather here since days :sob: We use the dehumidifier a lot as airing keeps the air at 60-70% relative humidityā€¦
But Alvaro has a 4 day holiday now, yay!

Sometimes there is a new, more successful spiece and that drives something closer to humans. So thatā€™s an option too but usually itā€™s on the humans I am sure. We are way too many and successful and assertive.

(Judy Thompson) #275

@Karen18 She did put a potato and an ear of corn on my plate. I passed them both on to hubbyā€™s plate but she saw me do it and replenished my corn. I ate the meat and just ignored the corn. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And thank you! Itā€™s been 15 years since I passed through size 12 going the other direction! Your daughterā€™s kitty is such a sweetie. I had a beautiful black cat for a few years, given to me by hubbyā€™s son. She was magnificent and sweet.

This morning was the pup costume parade - social interaction with other dogs is never Mimsyā€™s fave but we put on her cowgirl hat and chaps, 2 of which she managed to lose, and the hat spent most of the time on my hip bag, the chaps in my jeans pocket. Down at the park where the parade ended I ran across lots of neighbors of course, one in particular had her grown daughter and her granddaughter with her, great to meet them. The daughter was talking to her mom about the pneumonia she has had, unhealed by a course of antibiotics, then said, ā€œItā€™s my rheumatoid arthritis, itā€™s an immune deficiency. I take a shot every month to cut down on symptoms but nothing really works.ā€ OMG I nearly bit my lip to keep from saying anything, because WE know that our woe reverses RA and most immune deficiency disorders. Listen to Mikhail Peterson. But I didnā€™t say anything. I wonder if I was right or wrong. Iā€™ve never been one for proselytizing (darn! had to look up spelling of that) to others - I just felt bad for her and wished I could help.
Had 2 slices of pork roast at lunch, then a coffee with cream and some of the lactose free yogurt I made. Quite full now, ready to leave in an hour (at 6) and play rock violin til midnight! I imagine Iā€™ll be fixing eggs and bacon for us about 1 am :rofl:

(Megan) #276

That is awesome!!

(Judy Thompson) #277

Thank you! Feels pretty darn good :innocent:

On the gig tonight we were told we could have whatever we wanted to eat. It was a huge party-like buffet, not dinner but lots of little hordeurves. Iā€™d had a pretty good afternoon meal so wasnā€™t terribly hungry. We didnā€™t start til 8 so after the first set I went into the rooms set up with food and saw a lot of mixed up dishes, quite plant based and seasoned. I was worried Iā€™d eat something that looked pure but had garlic or something else disgusting that would creep me out for the rest of the evening.
Second break, I wandered around and found a platter of cheddar and a platter of brie, clearly unadulterated, plain cheese, and got several slices on a small plate, shared it with hubby and we were both set for the next set. Then the hotel stopped us after we started the 3rd set and told us their policy doesnā€™t allow music in the lobby after 10 pm so we could just go home. Yay! So it took us about 45 minutes to break down and wait for the valet and weā€™re home! And no food for me, Iā€™m fine, and ready to sleep asap. Another successful performance. Another successful carni day!

(Linda ) #278

Wow I think Iā€™m done on this forum first my dr is now trash and Iā€™m being told what I mean when that is not what I meant at allā€¦

Iā€™ll find a place where maybe Iā€™m welcome ā€¦its obviously no longer this forumā€¦

Good luck with your forum fangsā€¦

Hey @Azi Linda please donā€™t go. I learn a lot from your posts.

Your video share post about Dr. Cywes confirms we are constantly learning and adjusting our health based on new knowledge.

@JJFiddle Judy thank you for your inspiring non-scale victory. You did the correct thing in my opinion about not leaping into the ZC discussion. It is great that you want to help with the young ladyā€™s immune problems. And I feel you are right. I agree with @Karen18 Karen, that another future opportunity may present to talk about her asking her doctors about any updated diet and lifestyle advice to complement her medications. If you are bursting to helpā€¦ why not give her a call, or send her a note, that says you have been thinking about her after the chance meeting and arrange a point of contact to listen to her story? I think the other thing we have learnt on low carb and ZC is that people need to pay the entrance fee of curiosity, or seeking help from someone who they can see is healthy, before the gate is opened to talking about the WOE.

@MeganNZ I live near a country town. There has been a population shift to the area in the past 2 years. A few more houses, quite a few less trees. The snakes and sharks and spiders and deadly seashells are always there. itā€™s that there are more eyes (and phones) to observe and record them that has changed.

With the AF/heart thing, I do have a decision point in the process method where I head into the ER. I havenā€™t hit that point for a few years. Thanks for reminding me to be mindful of it.

1 more day of Rocktober left. It looks like steak night tonight. Went to the city on family business. Took our niece /goddaughter to the opera. Sheā€™s 17 years old and going through some teenager troubles with leaving school, finding work, going back to community college to study fashion, addictive behaviours and experimenting, hanging out with a bad crowd, wrong boyfriend choice (but you canā€™t say anything)ā€¦ Plenty of stuff to mystify me. Mrs. Bear seems to have a better handle on it. Good news is that she is gaining an understanding of nutritious food, and through that, animal-based foods. She feels better with her mental health, ā€˜regulatedā€™ is the term she used when sheā€™s eating nutritious foods. She is a smart young lady. Young women and eating is very tricky territory. So, we went to the opera. La Traviata. Verdi, I think. About a party girl whose world falls apart as she falls in love. It was a great night out. We had some good adult chat between the three of us.

Dinner was platters of roasted chicken, cheeses and smoked salmon at sister-in-lawā€™s house before going out. This morning was cafe breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon with a nice coffee with my Mum, brother, Mrs. Bear and Billie the Labrador. We went to a dog inclusive cafe where every table had a canine guest. We used to see dogs at cafes in Paris. And dogs allowed lots of places in the UK. But the rules are different at eateries here, with no dogs allowed. Then, after a big dose of family, we drove home to our place in the countryside. Wood fire is burning, a big cup of salty bone broth, and time to read the posts.

(Vic) #280

It must be the bend penis statement.

(Megan) #281

huh?