Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

Hello! I’m on day 6 of ZC carni, wasn’t planned but I’ve quite enjoyed it. I was given a beef rib joint which I couldn’t cut so roasted it. It will probably last until tomorrow. The puppies LOVE it too!
I like the simplicity of this WOE.

(Judy Thompson) #223

@VictoriaA Welcome! I started this woe in January, still fell like a beginner at 10 months. It’s a wonderfully simple way to eat, no question.
@carnivoor2 Thank you. I know it’s been days - but I think it is the healthiness that shows through as the big difference. Here’s to continued health improvement!

We had 2 days of gigs back to back this week so although I was able to keep up reading, I wasn’t posting very much. It seems like there’s always something going on. In Texas we don’t just keep the tv on all the time but here in VA we always seem to have it on. Luckily he’s switched from the incessant documentaries and how to channels to TCM and sweet old movies, nicer in the background when I’m doing other things, but harder to ignore to write in a blog.

So I’m not sure if I told you about the tiny tenderloin I had Wednesday night, off the kiddie menu. It’s been hard getting restaurant food at any reasonable price and eating out, I don’t care about quantities anyway. The waiter let me order from the kiddie menu and I got the cutest 3 oz grilled steak with some very well grilled mushrooms, seriously good for $12. A regular 5 oz steak in that place starts at $45.

Thursday we ate at home, hamburger, wings, and shrimp for lunch, with a couple boiled eggs somewhere else in the day.

Perfect, as we had a long gig Thursday night and I was sailing along with no hunger of any kind. They fed the musicians, inedible garbage burgers and salad and both hubby and I stood to the side and chatted, no need to eat anything there. The break is 15 minutes and since I’m the leader, I want to be back on the stand early, planning the next tune, so eating would just be a distraction.

Yesterday, after coffee I took off for the military post to shop. I got a leakproof thermos for my water since I have a new bag and have to protect it- Then to the commissary for a quick shop. Leaving there, the cashier said, You saved $62.75 today. Wow. Now we’re thinking a new freezer in Texas and monthly trips to the commissary in San Antonio, an hour and a half away, to stock up on meat.

My daughter came by to show off her new car, a beautiful little orange Rio with lots of bells and whistles. Very happy for her, it will serve her well especially if she can keep her eyes on the road. I had a couple boiled eggs about 4, put away groceries and napped before we headed out for dinner. This new restaurant had a raw bar offering so I got a seafood platter. Expensive at $37, Quite a presentation! Oysters, shrimp, mussels, clams.

Next time I might get the shrimp cocktail for $19 which is just 6 jumbo shrimp. There’s always food at home for a fraction of the price, so the point of the restaurant experience for me now is just to enjoy the ambience and chat with waiters. Hubby has said many time that we’re not there for the food anyway. So, back at home I had several slices of sharp cheddar.

No more gigs this week, not till next Saturday night, so teaching, repacking, and preparing to leave a week from Monday to get back to what’s now more and more our permanent home in Texas.

(Vic) #224

Welcome Victoria,

Enjoy it, thats the best start to health.

(Robin) #225

That tenderloin is what my dreams are made of. Hope they are nearby… gas is pretty pricey right now.

Welcome, @VictoriaA!

I survived today (well I enjoyed and even bought some cute minerals :smiley: and talked about our fruit trees when we bought one, the seller was just as enthusiastic as me but seemingly less lucky with the plants themselves), the food shopping wasn’t even super tiring, we focused on the things we needed :slight_smile:
We very nearly spent all our money so no more shopping in the next 2.5 weeks but we don’t need that. And I try to keep it for the next month too. Except turkey, that is always welcomed and I start to miss it at this point. So many items run out, well we went late as we had other things to do first… We have a smallish bag to keep our meat and some dairy cold but we bought more than that :smiley:

We apparently have 17-18kg meat now, everything included (my emergency tinned fish and all the processed meat. the vast majority is proper meat and pork at that, of course). I doubt Alvaro will eat more than 2kg of it so I have enough meat for a long time. And I have all kinds - except turkey.
We bought 2 beautiful trouts! :smiley: No duck, no chicken legs on sale but I bought a tiiiiiny chook :smiley: I just love that word. It’s a tiny hen, 900g without its feet, head, blood and organs :slight_smile: I will make a soup of it, hopefully the hen works better for it than the regular chicken, it actually was sold as soup ingredient, we have a famous traditional hen soup and its name was on the package :smiley:
But we bought various pork cuts. Like my darling pork chuck, chops for Alvaro (but they have some impressive fat layer on them so I will like that too)…
I wrote down the amounts, I am curious how quickly will eat up the various items.
We have a ton of cheese, 1.5kg without the grill cheese.

Today I ate little and not carnivore, I couldn’t manage to eat even 100g meat, too lean… I will wait until some serious hunger tomorrow to handle it or open the bacon end package or something (unless hunger will come later than the trouts will be ready :smiley: no way I can resist that :D). Yesterday I ate much so it’s okay to have a lighter day now.
But November is near, I actually will start my carni month/weeks on the 31th as Mondays are best for starts… I may experiment a little until then (not much as my most interesting experiment requires an item I need to order online and that won’t happen soon). And I will keep experimenting just with full proper carni stuff. It will be nice (as long as I won’t get bored of my pork but I will be creative and I have supplies).
Things will be a tad harder until this lean pork runs out and with my current speed it will last forever… But if tomorrow won’t be successful, I just ground it and mix with yolk and spices and fry it. Or put it into some baked stuff of mine. I really enjoyed the same cut before several times but this slab isn’t that good, apparently. Too lean and dry and I don’t even roasted it for too long, it needed the time. Today I spread some lard on it so it became pretty much edible but I was not really hungry.

(Michael) #227

Breakfast today is plate below plus bone broth and 3 ounces of cheese not in photo.

For those interested beef thymus, heart, liver and bone marrow. Chicken liver. Sheep spleen and testicles. Pork belly. Most was lightly cooked/raw except the spleen which I find too strong a taste not to cook, and the pork for safety concerns.

(Michael) #228

Welcome Victoria, lot of interesting people in the carnivore crew, you will get a lot of support here (from others mostly) if you need it.

Back on the ‘farm’. Over the ‘hump’. Maybe that should read “through the dip” - the lowest health ebb time of the year. Now have time for better self care and fresh air. Bacon and eggs, lamb chops, steak, beach walks, and ocean swims. Cooler and cloudier today. Physical activity chores preparing for bushfire season.

Hey! It’s the last week of Rocktober. Hope people are feeling another step up in health. How are you going?

Hi Megan, What adjustments have you made to the way of eating now? Any changes?

This meat-eating ant was in the garden. It was hunting insects. If you make them angry, as in swatting them if they climb on you, they pinch hard with their pincers and have a wasp-like sting. They don’t let go and keep stinging. They are known as an inch ant, as they are an inch long. It’s not fun, but quite tapdancing cardio, if you step on or in a nest.

(Judy Thompson) #230

@robintemplin Luckily I drive a hybrid car. Nice to get to San Antonio occasionally to eat and shop and visit in the big city lol. Yes, if they have tenderloin roast, I’m there!

(Karen) #231

Oh heck doing it again. I thought I would have much more time for this than before but I definitely have less. Not been able to read everyone’s posts, sorry, but looked at the pictures lol.

Well it seems that dancing last Saturday night did me no good whatsoever! This week has seen a gradual development of a chesty cough and yukky throat! Well i suppose it could be a combination of letting go of all the stress of the past year and grubby hands (dancers) not had great sleep last few nights and its definitely getting worse before getting better. Fortunately no fever and did a covid home test, as I brought some boxes home from work when they stopped their daily checks, and that is negative. This morning my chest is irritable and its frustrating that everytime I cough i can only spit up a small amount of whatever is on it :rage:

Food over past days

Pork crackling tasted as crunchy as it looked and pork very tender and fatty.

Helped my daughter move in to new house on Thursday and then did a bit of shopping for her and Raymond on Friday and went to the greyhound sanctuary Saturday. Wasn’t expecting to meet any dogs as the lady who called to make appt said i wouldn’t be meeting any, then while I was there one was brought back from a walk and the lass interviewing me said she wanted me to meet him! That completely threw me off course and I didn’t feel good about it. I took him for a walk and he walked beautifully by my side and he was a sweet natured doggo but something inside said it was not the right time. I came away really perplexed and indecisive, went and talked to my daughter and spoke to Raymond who were encouraging me to adopt him but I knew by this morning I needed more time. I need to really feel adjusted to retirement and what I want to spend my time doing and whether a doggo will fit into that. I just feel that my daughter has been sowing the seed for such a long time, right back through the lockdown walks and everyone tells me I have a lot to offer a needy doggo but my gut is still telling me its not the right time. I do love dogs and all animals but it is easy to get wrapped up and swept along when everyone is encouraging me. The lady at the sanctuary asked what I wanted to do and said that he may get snapped up by someone else but you know I thought about that and thought yeah and the person may be 100% right for him and there will be lots more that need rehoming that will be just as sweet natured… a bit like when I used to tell Raymond the c*ke he so desperately wants is not going to be the last piece ever in the world, there will be plenty to more when he reaches his weight goal!
Hate my heartstrings being tigged at.

Well a quiet day for me today. It is a bit miserable and wet outside but due to brighten up a bit this afternoon so I may pop out for a short walk then to get some fresh air. I have read some books this morning and had a brew and just thinking about cooking a steak, I need something hot as only ate cold food yeaterday.

Catch you all later x

simple zc usual day
want 1-2lbs of shrimp cooked as first meal. just want them and I will eat them.

then burger or chicken later. ‘‘just maybe’’ homemade alfredo chicken is coming to mind and it will be a good sized amt cause shrimp won’t hold me thru the day as a heavy meal so that chick/cream I will want.

ZC simple good day going down!!

There are weeds in the driveway. Instead of pulling them up, I painted them. Digital painting.

I’m getting hungry. Had bacon and eggs at noon, and 2 coffees about 3 hrs apart. Cold fronts with some rain punctuating moments of sunshine all day. It is late afternoon and my mind is thinking of the spring lamb chops in the fridge. There are steaks as well. But I keep going back to the lamb.

I got out into the wind, rain, and sunshine this morning. It was enlivening.

Last night, strangely, I felt hungry at about 10pm after a 6pm lamb dinner. So I looked around the kitchen. I found some 95% Lindt dark chocolate, (it was Mrs. Bear’s stash), but it was not what I wanted. Then I found 2 medium-soft boiled eggs and some cheese slices. That is what I wanted! Just a bit strange to feel hungry after dinner.

11 Nov will be 3rd year ZC carnivore not-perfectly completed. But the nett effect over time has been beneficial to health. I am suffering chronic good health (with some blips).

I wonder if you guys here feel exactly or vaguely what you want/need when hungry or not…
I often do, quite clearly and it’s pretty interesting to me. I probably had something like this on high-carb too (hence my high fatty animal protein intake all my life) but it seems stronger now…? Clearer? Probably it’s because too many options and carbs messing with me doesn’t cloud this… sense?
Of course nearly everyone fancies this and that but I talk about some real need.
I usually feel if I need protein, meat, eggs… Or something else but that probably not due to my bodily needs just my normal options are out due to boredom. I hope I lose that one day, at least the version when I dislike ALL carni items I have. Not fun.

Let’s not talk much about yesterday, I probably messed up even my experiment as I ate low-protein until dinner. I didn’t track yet. I blame the leanness and lower-quality of my pork, this slab was definitely subpar but not bad enough to feed it to the cats (except the chewy parts, it shouldn’t have any or just minimal but this one has more). I always can eat some when it’s late and I still lack protein, it’s okay then, not good but not exactly bad.
That happened last night (the trout, some eggs and dairy just wasn’t enough. I wasn’t hungry but definitely needed more protein and/or possibly meat? these things aren’t that clear even now but I didn’t want eggs or dairy or fat so it was an easy choice) but today I will start with my pork, I got out some pork chuck roast and a sausage from the freezer to help poor lean stuff out. And I will ground the rest and use it in something involved eggs.

It’s almost 4pm now, I had a few bites only, I could postpone my first proper meal, yay. I will focus on protein, I should eat that first to avoid eating too much and too many times and too late due to not getting my quite high protein need (compared to my energy need and tastes, at least).
(Of course I always eat protein and fat together but I start with my lean protein first when I have that. Adding fattier stuff along the way if needed.)

(Karen) #235

Meals today and yesterday.

Cough was bad last night and today, very sharp and sore across my chest and can’t clear any gunk out either which is frustrating.

Why do I try to track I don’t know, no idea how accurate it is but it seems a 2 hour eating window is way too much for me if I just eat whatever. Like 630g meat, many sponge cakes and a bunch of various dairy… But maybe my body knows what it does (well I know it does, it keeps me chubby. I never lose fat if I overeat fat, it’s not how my body works), I can’t extrapolate from one day that isn’t even in a proper carni streak. My main meat was even lean but I got still too much fat from my other items. I better forget cheese for a while. Except we bought some nice ones from the beef farm and I must taste all of them… :wink: But I ate a lot of Emmentaler too. It’s so nice with my sponge cakes… Just not particularly satiating (or at all. never noticed it could help anything). Why aren’t all fatty protein sources satiating? Barely anything satiates me well. And if I use more food groups, I can eat much more, apparently. That’s why eating only (mostly) meat works best (and because that is my top satiating item if I use the right kind. except maybe pure gluten but I didn’t experiment much with that) but that’s a tad boring for me.
I started with meat and ate a lot and it wasn’t too fatty. It went so well. But then I got hungry again very soon and strayed from the “mostly meat” path.
I still blame the dairy especially the cheese.

Oh well. I won’t worry about this now. I try to eat simple and keep skipping lunch. And quit coffee and milk. And I will start next week super strict :slight_smile: I am looking forward to November.

Weather isn’t cold but not sunny either now. We got rain, it’s something but gloom all day isn’t good for me. And our water tank is working now (we had to lower the pressure in it) but dripping. Taking it apart again won’t be a nice pastime, to put it lightly… But there are worse things. Like paperwork.

@Karen18, I hope you throw off the early cold and flu season cough.

There was some talk about Dr. Ben Bikman earlier in the challenge, and his ability to clearly communicate the science. Especially explaining insulin function. I enjoyed this podcast last week. STEM Talk allows us to find out about the scientist as well as the most updated science.

This podcast will need the kettle on and a nicely brewed cuppa.

Just noting no after dinner food cravings last night. Dinner was beef steak; Cattleman’s cut = Scotch fillet on-the-bone. I couldn’t eat it all (>700g) last night, so I had the cold leftovers with an 11 am coffee this morning before an online work meeting. Staying on plan.

(Reference - Australian Beef Cuts - https://sutcliffemeat.com.au/australian-beef-cuts/ )

I can see changes in my face after a few days of getting back in the groove - a reduction of puffiness occurs. It fascinates me that this change occurs. And how, if we look closely, we can get an idea if someone, or one’s self, is eating well by an instinctive impression of a face read. That’s why a start and end of challenge selfie is useful.

Love it! Body showing ya the way :slight_smile: It is ok to be a tad hungry after a meal, kinda rare for us zc’ers for sure but every now and then that does hit us and you choose so well…ate what little ya wanted to ‘gnaw’ on some more food!! Your body is seeing good ol’ chocolate as a non-food on eye impact cause the body is saying, feed me ‘real food’ to make me happy, yea subtle undertones I always wanna think my body says to me and one I do agree with HA great post!

So sorry K on that. Kiddo brought home some ‘cough crud’ from school and her and hubby are dealing more with it but tad better, I went down just a little but over it. I feel on ‘that chest’ pain when coughing like that, I sure don’t love it :slight_smile: Take great OTC meds. Family sucked down that Muscinex DM stuff in a bottle…pricey but got them over that gunk/slime junk/cough in chest and ick from them pretty fast. Hope you are doing ok tho!!!

Had me laughing here. You are right. I would rather do physical work and get it ‘fixed’ fine than tackle good ol’ red tape anything paperwork HAHA Hope your tank gets handled and in good form!!

Super happy you are in the zone and feeling groovey and that your face shows your path! I am a gut person. I ‘blow’ literally in the middle. Feel that massive bloaty when anything is off on me and I get it more in the gut with ‘bathroom’ issues changing so I KNOW ME very very fast and how my first healing hits. It is all tummy gut for this ol’ gal LOL But you see it from overall puffy body inflammation and see it faster in the face…wild we all ‘know us so well’ and know our indicators and how we change again on zc once strong on the lifestyle and ‘see’ it in the mirror so quick like we do.

Tons of times when we 'feel anything and are ‘needing’ in any way thru hunger it is cause we ‘walked from ‘very heavy meats like beef and other heavy red meats’ which ‘set us so well’ and give the best overall nutrient/vits/minerals etc to the body. So when we feel we might need more, it is usually best to think, what was my last 2-3 meals. Were they lighter fare? We they on the road eating and off in a way? Were they on the fly and not so enjoyed enough that I did need when I needed it? Did my activity ramp alot in the last day or 2 or even stress levels thru XYZ can effect us. But a simple think few meals back, what was one dealing with and how were those few days leading to how we feel more hungry can SHOW us quickly about why we ‘might need more food’ and it does feel strange when we feel that part of us but ‘something’ triggered it so your best bet at all times, good ol’ heavy protein and great fat eating in red meat choice works wonders for us.

@JJFiddle, how’s it going? I am super busy right now as I think you are too! Hope all is well with you guys!!

got hit with the ‘busy life’ BS. You all know it LOL
transfer titles on 2 vehicles, get ins. etc
changing health insurances
working on ‘our financials’ and moving investments around
kiddo handling college stuff and omg I don’t ‘know college’ at all being the Dino I am so she is walking me thru applications etc and financial stuff, omg
house being 30 yrs living here is now demanding more attention and maintenace, shoot me on this one HA
and MIL is asking for more stuff from home to her rehab place and dealing with her hoarder home we have to sell for her
Bestie Barb had to have gallbladder surgery, been shopping a bit for her and helping, gotta take good care of the BFF! :slight_smile: she is doing very well thank goodness!

so plate got super full. don’t want it too super full anymore. I want my early retirement to be just that but it just seems my days are loaded with crap and like @Shinita said above, alot of it is paperwork and red tapes HAHA OMG I hate it too :wink:

zc going well
today is 2 of those skinny Tbones. 2 make 1 regular ol steak…ugh…and then tonight not sure. family doing spaghetti and meatballs, might just eat some plain meatballs from that along with tuna or something else I grab? My meatballs are ‘not real meatballs’ in any way. Family meatballs ‘used to get some extra attention and italian spice’ etc in them but when I went zc all the family meatballs are just ‘rolled up burger’ and cooked and then shoved into spaghetti sauce LOL so I can eat those easisly plan. funny thing is the family loves the plain meat balls more than when I jacked them up to be ‘italian meatball recipe’ ya know…too darn funny on that to me in a way :wink: after my steak later for first meal my second meal becomes I don’t care much but never get me wrong, IT IS STILL important to enjoy what I do eat :sunny:

ZC strong guys

November? Something with tracking our body comp changes like FB mentioned? Like CarniBodyChang’ember? yea that stinks but anyone got a better one :wink:

(Judy Thompson) #239

This reminds me of a post from Dr. Kevin Stock about craniofacial changes with the carnivore diet:
https://m.community.com/c0M4Me7XfXpvsyLi
I wrote back to him to ask if structure can change even on adulthood and he said yes but it takes a long time. You’ve already proved that wrong FB!
@Karen18 hope you feel lots better very soon! You’re too busy being retired to waste it on being sick!
@Fangs yes! I’m here :blush: just moving from one thing to the next, teaching, gigging, and mostly chatting and watching TV with hubby, which doesn’t leave even a fingernail’s worth of time to type. I try to squeeze it in but it’s easiest during sleepless nights (when he’s asleep) or in Texas when he has yard or shop work. Otherwise I’m running around doing stuff like cooking and dishes and he is in his chair 16 hours a day, working on music on the laptop and watching TV.
You’re a good BFF to watch after your post-surgery friend, and MIL, and DD’s college forms. I hear ya about the world crashing in! Hope it all settles down soon.

I mentioned I discovered that fermenting yogurt 24 hours removes the lactose. This is my 3rd instant pot batch of 24h yogurt. I make it for hubby’s smoothies but now can venture a few bites and it’s a long time coming, I used to love yogurt. Dairy products are still a big yuck for me since covid in summer '21. Probably a sign anyway. I cook most everything in ghee as it also has no lactose.

Here are a couple plates from the last couple days. Yesterday I also popped a can of tuna with a hard boiled egg and mayo and it made 3 servings.

Center cut pork roast came out of the sous vide yesterday at noon, now noshing on that plus beef tenderloin roast, and a pkg of grassfed burger. Air fried chicken thighs are fantastic.

![20221023_092228|281x500]
From my walks:

(upload://pralaLys0mKJy2ijH9UcHgaEkzJ.jpeg)
And finally - my 2nd cousin (cousin’s son) hiked up Mt. Kilamanjaro! A 1 week hike, reached the top yesterday.

(Michael) #240

Breakfast today :sunglasses:

I have a bellyache since last night and it’s so very unusual that I can’t blame some past carbs, they never linger this long anyway. I seriously suspect my milky coffees, I noticed before that my non-black coffees feel somewhat off sometimes. So it’s not the milk, I didn’t even consume much and don’t seem to be sensitive to it considering I was fine after 1 liter in a few hours several months ago - but that makes it worse. But who knows? Maybe it’s some other factor or most probably multiple ones, whatever, I want it to go away. When I start to eat pretty well again, I typically feel pretty good right away but not now. It isn’t even some baby bellyache, it was quite bad last night (according to my standards. it wasn’t torture but it was real pain, not just some discomfort).

Today I will continue to eat my lean pork (still dunno how to call it, I think green ham will do now). The not so nice slab, I already fed some to Pie but the rest seems okay. I quickly sear the fattier, nicer looking slices (they are very thin so it will be super quick but poor things are so pale, I need them to be fried a bit) and make sausage balls too :slight_smile: Lean sausage, only a yolk and the little lard I fried it in will raise its fattiness a little bit but it will be good I hope. I use my super good sausage spice mix I mixed myself, after all :slight_smile:
I try to stay away from cheese now and I still don’t fancy eggs, I probably will just eat my leftover sponge cakes. I never find them boring but they are just the base anyway, I can eat them with so many things, pâté, cheese, too fatty meat dishes (didn’t have such things lately), too salty stews, salmon spread… They are good with non-carni sweet things as well but I try to avoid that normally :slight_smile: Egg only sponge cakes have a fun texture, a nice taste (it’s eggs, after all) and they are super versatile! No wonder I eat about 42 per week. I try to keep the amount low as it’s some work to make them, not much and it’s a joy (I LOVE seeing creamy, fluffy “doughs”) but still. I can’t ever doing the dishes anyway (I want to figure out how much bowls and whatnots I use per day/week but I never could took a single note as I just forget. it’s like tracking my water drinking, totally impossible, I can’t even start) and I don’t hate that at all but it’s too much and I only have 5 dish drier or whatever they are called. We are 2 people eating kind of simple so it’s mysterious… I know I easily use 5 spoons and 8 knives in 1-2 hours sometimes but I have some reason for it :smiley:
Well Alvaro produces dessert bowls at a high speed sometimes… His main dessert (the one he eats like 15-20 times a week) doesn’t need any cleaning though…
I am really curious, I need to find a way to figure out why I need to do the dishes multiple times a day and still never can finish it… I can go pretty low, I can make clean everything near to the kitchen sink but something always remains somewhere or get produced in a few mins later. I am a big glasses and cups collector too despite my efforts… But I bring them down eventually (pretty soon as it would be our full collections in my room in a week and I have a nice collection).

[…]
I had a tiny lunch after getting a bit hungry :slight_smile: I couldn’t finish this:

But now I am not fully satiated and wonder what else could I eat… But I am not in a hurry. I should eat my lean protein before everything else so that will happen.

[…]
I should stop tracking, I will just focus on timing and whatnot. I apparently have hungry times even if it’s not noticeable at my very first meal. I barely exercise (I mean my walks, I do my lifting and I am stronger than in the last few weeks), this is odd and should end now… But I need more food to get satiated, even way more protein, apparently. I go over 180g every day and I don’t even notice it without tracking, my food doesn’t seem much and I consume it in 2-3 hours (and may or may not eat at night as well)… I have my phases. This is my hungry and protein hungry phase, apparently. I will do my best to eat way less in November, I have some ideas.

I won’t make another roast until Sunday, I better take a break, the question is only what on earth will I eat then? I totally reached the point where I am pretty much doomed without a significant amount of meat. I don’t even want eggs lately, it’s somewhat disturbing though I still love my sponge cakes and I find it good that I stopped eating many eggs a day as it just isn’t the most satisfying way for me. Oh well, I will eat some processed meat for a little while, I have tinned fish and tomorrow I will fry chicken liver. And I can eat up my leftover pork chuck roast as well. It will be fine.
I don’t even want any kind of pancakes now. I always could eat pancakes in the past.

Some colorful garden photos. I hope my medlar tree is fine, it’s purely decorative now.
Aren’t the colors beautiful :smiley:

One goal for November will be no coffee on most days. I drink coffee all the time now, I couldn’t even handle running out of milk without opening a box of cream. SOOO much better, richer even though I use 1/10th of the amount (and I used very little milk per coffee).

[…]
All of my photos are here (my CF cards don’t always find their ways into my comments in a few hours…) and I probably still will make a roast, I can’t handle life for 4 days with the tiny meat I have now. Pork chop, Alvaro’s cut but these slabs I bought (looks tiny but 1.77kg each. I can’t get used to how very dense meat is even when raw) are so unusually fatty and I am used to leanish pork that it surely will be nice for me as well.
I planned an okay day for tomorrow, we will see what will happen.
My bellyache stopped several hours ago, hopefully it won’t come back. If it will, I will behave like it was early November :smiley: Super strictness should help eventually.

I ate some pâté today, I really want to make a very good own recipe already… Mine is very different from the store-bought one as it has no added water, little fat and I add meat too… Maybe I should change it a bit (or much), mine is fine but it’s good to have various versions. I will experiment tomorrow.