Carnivore Rocktober - ZC Carnivore 31 day challenge October 2022

(Judy Thompson) #202

A pretty good day here. Latish morning, didn’t get out to walk til 9 and then, Mimsy wouldn’t go. I think she’s under the weather today, has slept a lot and every time I tried to take her out, she’d go out the door and then wait to be let back in. So I didn’t walk either.
I fixed a nice surf turf combo of tenderloin steaks with air fried shrimp and bacon. Wish I’d gotten a pic but it was mostly gone before I thought of it. Then started teaching an hour later, and two hours later had a hard boiled egg.
Teaching went through to 8pm, then sat down and watched whatever hubby had on tv. Later meal was spicy ground sausage and two eggs. Now it’s near 11, and definitely time for bed! That cold snap is starting in. I’m wrapped in a blanket with my snuggly slippers on. It’s gonna get colder in the next week or so. Stay warm!
A neighbor stopped me this afternoon to say she’s astonished at how much weight I’ve lost and how good I look. I still don’t think I’ve actually lost any more weight since April but I keep reshaping and changing. It’s very refreshing to have a waistline and flat stomach, especially now that styles include tucking in shirts again.

(Vic) #203

Don’t think its the shape as much as it is the Health.
The thing is that people unconsciously can feel and are attracted to healthy individuals.
Long time Carnivores have a tendency to be very healthy, confident, strong, sexy.
You get a lot of little smiles from people when your out and about? Its the health, its attractive.

Jm2c :wink:

Yesterday I got injected with governmental covid vac poison again, I hate it but have to allow it to be able to travel and feed my family.

The weekend out in Germany was great. One of my friends was convinced my WOE was very expensive, all that meat I brought from home. So I told him 1kg of meat a day @ €15/kg on average.
As breakfast alone was €12 a day in the hotel and he needs 3 meals a day. I point out to him how expensive junk food really is in Europe, at least 3 times more then what I eat in a day out.
I had 2 small Gin’s at the bar, that was enough to make me drunk for a few fun hours, Funny.

I decided to stop my yearly blood panel, I’m no longer a heart patient and a pre diabetic. Its a waste of money. Don’t need it anymore and don’t care.

Bye for now,
Vic

@FrankoBear
wow that is jam packed with all that city work and then meetings crammed in to use up your time too!

I also think ‘trying to stay current’ with tools knowledge and more is its’ own job in this day LOL I know I feel like I can’t keep up on how fast it all changes!

Super happy you are gearing out of the big work busy and slowing down a bit into the easier work time! And you are right, stress cortisol and all that do monkey with us big time but then ya got a surf!!! A surf will set you free :wink: Sounds like you are doing ok tho and hanging in there getting stuff handled! More power to ya!

@JJFiddle, yum on that tenderloin! One of my favs. and throw in shrimp and bacon in that next sentence! girl that is fine eatin’ right there :sunny: Hope Mimsy is ok. We also got a big cold snap coming and I for one can’t handle cold and it seems so early for it ya know…ohhh boy long winter for me coming. I just pulled out my big fuzzy heavy robe cause I can’t handle cold anymore, so this robe is gonna save me.

SUPER CONGRATS on that fine compliment. every now and then it is wonderful to hear things like that. ‘we can’t see it alot’ of times like others can so to know you are making real changes and all just help us know we are doing well! So agree too with Vic, healthy and vitality does attract people to us. I think you are doing so well JJ!! And we do ‘continue to shrink and change’ definitely and the scale means nothing really for us…the scale changes down when it wants but you keep getting leaner and meaner and trimmer on zc! You carnivore on strong!

@carnivoor2
sorry Vic on that shot! I get your drift but once those protocols are in place out there, like you said conformity has to happen if you wanna continue to survive.

Don’t blame ya on not bothering with testing since ya look great and feel wonderful!

2 gins at the bar :wink: drunk for a few hrs LOL I know that the alcohol sure effects us fast and wild on zc. Great post!

------------------------have to hit grocery today
they have Tbone steaks on sale. Gonna grab like 8-10 of them. Freezer time. Good sale price so will grab maybe a few more :slight_smile: will see what the meat looks like and grab what I can. Sale on for a week so I got a few days to buy as they restock.

today will be a Tbone steak :slight_smile: to start my day
dinner, hmm, thinking maybe just chicken breast fried in butter. I know I want a big honkin’ Tbone for the first meal so not worrying on second. I also have some leftover mini meatloaf to grab if wanted.

It is funny when I type my food for the day cause I think,how many times have I typed…steak, chicken and burger. QUITE ALOT, lol.

My kiddo mentioned Thanksgiving holiday and she said what we eating and I said nothing here. I am planning to go out to a nice surf and turf seafood joint and the 3 of us are gonna eat fine steak and crab or lobster and call it a holiday! Since MIL can’t leave her nusring facility and my mom has passed, there is no one to have over. My family activities now are mini sized to the 3 of us and kiddo leaves next yr for college so…at this point I am not cooking on Thanksgiving but going to make reservations soon at a nice place and call it a happy holiday :slight_smile:

ZC on! Keep the zc fires burning…to grill meat of course HA

Beef ribs and bed.

@Fangs: Surf and turf holiday meal sounds good! I never ate lobster and probably never will, I probably had crab but I am not sure, I definitely don’t remember. I just remember shrimps… And I kinda want them but I am aware they are just expensive not substantial not very interesting and probably a bit sweet things so I rarely can bring myself to justify buying them. But I will for Christmas. You folks talk so much about seafood, I want seafood and not what I did last time I had shrimps, that was 110g for 2 persons, that’s nothing :smiley: I want some bigger mix, not just shrimps :slight_smile: And we will have salmon too, probably, mostly Alvaro as I lost interest at some point, I blame trying raw salmon in Japanese restaurants, the cooked version never was good enough for me afterwards… I rather eat my yummy pork and leave the salmon for Alvaro, only take a bite. But shrimps are fun.

Not exactly ZC but Alvaro makes very delicious stews over open fire :slight_smile: The rabbit was very, very good this time but I really start to miss a proper substantial stew without little bones (the cats were elated though), pork or beef or deer or something, some big one. I really need to get mutton somehow, why is that so elusive here, seriously?!

Sigh. Another day, another shot at a proper enough carni day. My motivation is smaller for October, I know it’s a problem. And I had circumstances (some time limited tempting carbier bites, I am weak against that) but not anymore! At least my first biggish meals were carnivore, I plan to keep that forever.
I roast my pork chuck (not a big slab, only 1700g but it should last for 5 days as I have other meats… when I started to eat a pound or more meat even on my off days, even when I don’t fancy my actual meat much? :smiley: it’s rare I go lower. but what else would I eat in low-egg times? no matter what I can handle and willing to add, I mostly need my proper, usual food. I would be very lost in a carby apocalypse… but I never was the type who went off keto and started to eat carbs mostly. hey, I ate mostly fatty protein as a high-carber… that was the proper food, carbs were tempting joy things messing with me but I wasn’t aware about the latter, everyone ate HCHF, after all, it was the only example I saw)… Again. So I roast my pork later for reasons, now I have some quite lean pork I got out of the freezer for Alvaro but he only needed a tiny bit and today he gets his usual cheesy egg fluffs. Too bad I don’t have some really flavorful cheese, this dish actually calls for smoked cheese but they are very expensive now and I think rare too. We depended on them, some dishes require the stuff too and now we can’t get it. Sigh. But Alvaro doesn’t complain, he eats the stuff that is awesome for using up leftover whites.
So I have my lean pork, I add a sausage to balance out the fattiness (and I need more flavor if my meat is lean), I have cheese and some sponge cakes… My lunch will be similar to the others these days, not small, very meaty, almost a pound.

My meat supply gets smaller and my freezer more empty. I only have less than 6kg pork and 2kg chicken liver now. But we go shopping on Saturday. It’s a bigger town nearby, not the city, there will be a mineral exhibition or what and we are very interested in that.
{And it became non-carnivore from this part on. I can’t avoid that part of my life and it enters my comments. But it’s not about eating them by me…}Then we do food and fruit plant (2 trees and more) shopping. I probably never will finish the latter, trees die, after all and Alvaro still can handle them. I think. I have about 200 jars in my kitchen, I don’t have any space left, he better eats them all but in moderate amounts at a time…? Some of them are mushrooms, that’s better. I had enough of pressure canning stuff for this year :frowning: I like when the trees are pretty, bear some little fruit and Alvaro enjoys them and I don’t need to work much with it… I can do it here and there but sometimes it’s too much. In 2019, my only apricot tree (I had 3 when I moved here) had its last fruit bearing year (I was pretty relieved having 3 calm years afterwards) and I pressure canned 120 jars, only that many as I could gift away some and Alvaro did its best too. Some days it was 4 pressure canning session. It’s not good to my nerves. But mushrooms are even worse, it starts with 2-4 hours of hunting (it’s a nice walk so okay) then I always need some research to analyze some species, they don’t need to be even potentially edible, I want to know them all :smiley: And then the canning process with all that it entails. And I can’t just not to do it, I am compelled and it’s my hobby, kind of, just like cooking and baking, I just like to do both in moderation and sometimes it doesn’t happen.
But it’s pretty much over for this year I think. I still will pressure can plants but rarely and not much.

[…]
Oh my pansies, I keep forgetting to show them… But the light isn’t proper now…

I had my lunch! Guesstimation says 80g protein, 855kcal… Therefore I am not exactly satiated but not hungry either and I got bored of my super lean pork. I ate most of it and could eat the rest along with another sausage but I am not hungry enough to do that.
I had 2 cheesy egg white puffs, they were nice. Since I have the proper tool to whip the egg whites well, they turn out nicer, at least when fresh and crispy! :smiley:

I am a bit stressed due to water problems (we are at the 25th error from the washing machine, surely due to low water strength. it normally gives us 2. maybe there is even a blockade there, who knows? we will see if it ever finishes) but we have ideas. And not enough energy yesterday to act on it, apparently.

(Karen) #207

I have realised I haven’t posted for a day or so again… oh blimey this retirement malarkey is busier than I expected, so soon after retiring! Raymond needs help which i feel able to do more so than when I was working. It makes me realise just how much 2.5 days at work affected the days following till the next 2.5 in! I got him to a physio appt yesterday and found myself running around more than anticipated what with him being quite immobile with the muscle tear in his groin. I had to park right outside in the ambulance zone where I wasn’t really allowed to park, get him into the foyer and sit him down, then had to run back to the car and get it parked more appropriately which ended up outside the hospital grounds as there was a long queue for the hospital car park, then run back and get him into a wheel chair to take him to the physio dept. Then while he was being seen I ran upstairs to the main entrance to try and get him some money out of the atm but he had given me an incorrect pin :roll_eyes: so ran back k to physio and picked him up and did everything in reverse. Took him to the cafe in Beeston and dropped him right outside the front door and drove off to park up, go to his bank with correct pin and then back to the cafe for a well earned brew! Then everything in reverse again and back to his home via his medical centre … phew! What a palarva !

Food over the two days …

Those wings were yesterdays dinner and I really over spiced them. I thought I may have done but they were so tasty and crispy but oh did I suffer last night :astonished: I dozed off for about 1hr49m without any probs but when I woke i thought uh oh my tum didn’t feel too good so went to the toilet … an hour later I was still there, hot n cold n feverish, nauseous, sweating and seriously painful chronic pain in my tum. Oh my goodness it was excruciating pain and that is not exaggerations. I stood up gently and hobbled in to the front room and got a different pair of nicks as the pair I had on were lower waisted and felt like they were cutting in and my stomach was terribly distended! As soon I as changed I knew I need to sit back on loo but as nothing else was moving I thought I would lie on top of my bed in foetal position just clinging on to my tummy. All I kept saying to myself was Stupid Girl stupid girl lol well it wasn’t funny actually but anyway at that point I gave it up to God and said God help me please and then commanded the pain to go through Jesus name (seen this done by pastors so I guess i thought I would try) Well flip me literally within 5 seconds I could feel the pain leaving my tummy, WOW the power of prayer, and i drifted into sleep. I woke sometime later because I was getting a chill and got under the covers. Not a single twinge for the rest of the night and I have been fine today! :smiley: nothing short of a miracle, he really does look after me as this isn’t the first time he has answered my prayers immediately! I can tell you that this morning I wanted to shout it from the rooftops! :smiley: I feel really blessed.

Oh and a piece of good news, my daughter is finally moving tomorrow afetr being let down by the vendors on more than one occasion! I will be able to help her as of course I won’t be working tomorrow lol

Today so far I have been helping Raymond again this morning picking up a morphine prescription for him and returned home about 1.30pm so had a late brunch of beef burgers and crispy bacon.![20221019_141153|374x500]
(upload://xWu8cS4qVFgCdiQFognbF4PmDMV.jpeg)

Got a steak out the freezer for dinner :slightly_smiling_face:
Update here is my cooked ribeye which I have just enjoyed everybit of :smiley:

After midnight and quite satiated I think I can say I finished eating for the day (it happened more than 4 hours ago so my eating window still wasn’t too big, only 5 hours long).
I had a third meal. No wonder, my protein barely was around 120g, my calories surely too low and I had fresh, warm pork chuck roast… It is wonderful! :smiley: And so, so fatty! After all my leaner pork eating in the last months chuck is very fatty. But just to the extent that I still quite enjoy.

I had 3 carnivore meals today, 734g meat (1.63 pound…s? if it’s more than 1 but less than 2, is it plural?), little egg and dairy. Nice but I expect only 1-2 meals tomorrow when I will have some proper amount of pork chuck… Too lean pork is problematic, I eat my protein and stop wanting meat and food in general - but I still miss some fat and I can’t eat just fat… And 2 meals just aren’t enough so I have a second dinner. Not a bad thing but it’s more convenient and enjoyable with fattier meals. Pork chuck should work wonderfully, I plan to eat almost only that tomorrow :slight_smile:
I am not very much into eggs lately and it is nice to take a break now - especially with my pork chuck roast but I survived the leaner, boring pork time too with some additions.
I definitely start to get bored of cheese. I can eat it, useful item, easy to eat but I don’t desire it and I almost overdid it in the last days when I needed something with my lean pork.

OMAD today. Over the work hump. Ate roast chicken rolled inside smoked salmon rolled inside Jarlsberg cheese slice. Had some baked chicken wing pieces. Sparkling mineral water. Only one coffee this morning. Heading back to the countryside tomorrow after an 8am lecture.

There are 10 Jberg slices in a pack. Each slice is 15g of cheese. Protein per slice is 4g and so is Fat 4g. 0g carbohydrate on the label. This packet of Norwegian cheese was made in Ireland :cow2::cheese:.

(Michael) #210

I eat one 300g pack of Jarlsberg per eating day. I want to eat half, but I normally just cannot stop till it is gone :upside_down_face:

I had many creamy coffees in the morning, I really should stop… Coffee (especially with cream) is a bit like most carbs especially sweets: consuming some rarely brings me satisfaction, I just want more. Not a good deal.

I try to focus on meat for the rest of my day but I have whipped cream so some coffee may happen… But that will be a nice luxurious dessert coffee after my pound of fatty pork or something.

It turned out 1700g fatty pork isn’t much (I need to put some into the freezer too, I never leave myself without some nice ready to eat meat anymore) so another, leaner slab is defrosting in my fridge now. I only have some pork shoulder left in the freezer in the fresh meat (not organ) category.

Weather is still perfect!!! (Well, apart from the more and more urgent need for rain.)
Today is the cooler day of the week but sleeveless shirts are still the right choice for me for a walk around noon. 15C/59F with sunshine! I feel it’s not exactly warm but it’s very enjoyable and refreshing even before walking heat kicks in (and it does it quickly. I never can keep my gloves on for 5 minutes in freezing temperature when I walk. after my cold showers I suppose I won’t need gloves outside anymore unless I need to stand in the cold. only moving generates enough heat for my hands, I wear my winter gloves in my room at 19C/66F sometimes).
I made several photos of the pretty Pine Hill (oh, the pines are still healthy there, superb! so many pines and almost all thujas are dying or dead around here), I will bring some later.

yea at prices they are I doubt I will be hounding down any more lobster any time soon :slight_smile: Yea if you are in a location that can handle more seafood availability try some…I gotta say so much of it is delish! Crab of all kinds, tons of fish options from the sea, and shrimps are so delish, and scallops, clams, mussels and anything you can grab in your area that sells it would be a wonderful addition to your zc menu for sure.

He sounds very laid back and a good compliment to help you handle your foods as you need and not too picky to enough whatever he can make out of what you have to offer for the days meals. I like people who are not fussy and more laid back on ‘their food’ cause I am so controlling on mine, it is great when the partner doesn’t get in our way and helps us more than hinders us :wink: :sunny:

@Karen18, I said it from day one of my early retirement, I AM busier now daily then when I worked and ‘got all the crap’ done also LOL believe me YOU find yourself SOME type of ‘you time’ in your day, real important on that one. No one thinks our days get more active like this in our retirement but for many of us, oh yea it does :sunny:

Hope Raymond does ok thru it all!!

SO HAPPY you are feeling better and got thru that nasty tummy time. Over spicing!! been there K and the more clean we do eat the less the guts wants that spice so you make sure less spicy…cause I had to dump a ton of spice also now but that is a good thing in a way, body says no then it is no ya know :wink: and we just learn to eat cleaner and lighter on our condiments added…you sure got this!!

@FrankoBear
homeward bound, best feeling on the planet isn’t it? :sunny:
I got 4.1g fat on each cheese slice when I looked it up.

---------------------so I am still wanting big seafood addition back into my life. I am a surf/turf person and have now eaten so much shrimp I am like, ahhhh, I SO want the other stuff but prices!! OK AM going to check out more ‘canned crab’…never was a big fan ya know cause it was more rock crab, blue crab, other crab in cans…not my ‘snow or king’ crab taste in cans but now time to experiment on this addition into my food cause I want seafood tastes I am so missing so yea, next shop is check prices on canned crab and mussels or whatever else they shove in cans HAHA Hey, gotta zc experiment as a gal has to do ya know :astonished::clown_face: In year 1 a long time ago I used canned Maryland Blue crab to make crab cakes, crab/1 egg/sprinkle of old bay seasoning and then would fry those in butter. They were ok and got me thru but now I am gonna experiment again on crab cakes and see if I can be happy there on taste?? gotta try to know I guess.

Tbones on sale disappointing. just packs of the ‘super thin cut’ steaks which are kinda useless but I got 4 packs anyway just in case for freezer. ugh

today meal 1 is big ol’ cheeseburger with 1 skinny azz useless Tbone steak from a pack…second meal is chicken breast in butter and maybe a can of tuna or tin of sardines.

luckily I am like ‘almost in aversion’ to big heavy dense meat cause my brain is on getting more seafood into me LOL so that is cutting down my eating in a way but I feel good, no cravings, just toolin’ along thinking how to play the price game on what I wanna eat on zc so will make it all work.

Not long into Nov. ZC we go…we all are such zc rockers!!

Lunch at the normal time around 3pm. 600g (1 and a third pound) pork chuck and a creamy coffee.

I talked with Alvaro about the weird taste changes some of you guys have and he doesn’t understand it either. Our tastebuds aren’t connected to our satiety or a different part of our digestive system…

I even lost the stop sign meat was prone to trigger. I still feel when I get satiated, of course and it’s more sudden with meat than with other things (I can’t tell what is the case with eggs and dairy though as I get bored before I had eaten really much) but it doesn’t make my appetite go away immediately. I kept eating when I maybe felt this subtle thing as my meat was so tasty and not so much left… But I started to feel really full so I didn’t finish it in the end :slight_smile:
And I feel I could eat much more just not meat or anything remotely similar.

So I had about 105g protein for my first meal :slight_smile: It’s very nice for me, I usually have 80-100g. I just can’t get satiated with less under normal circumstances.

Yay for simplicity! Now I need to get rid of my creamy coffees too…

By the way I need to salt my meat “well” again. My usual, I mean. Or a tad more. I put only a little less on my roast and it felt way more unsalted and almost not good than that completely unsalted fried pork some time ago… It’s lightly salted :star: pork chuck :star:, it can’t be not good but I seriously missed salt and used it generously on every slice.
So my salt need has its waves, apparently. I think I always prefer a similar amount but how I feel with way less salt on it, that thing varies. Sometimes it’s just fine for a while, sometimes it makes my meat almost inedible. I guess it’s due to some electrolyte balance in my body but still, it was surreal LIKING (even if not preferring) unsalted meat…

I need more pork chuck. I got ONE bigger meal, 2 small ones and some in the freezer from that slab. Not enough! And I stop now and won’t fangirling about the perfectness of some lovely fatty pork chuck roast… I really, really, really love that stuff.
No, I better go and try to help Alvaro with the water, we have some kind of emergency with water dripping from the ceiling of the basement (probably some blockade at the washing machine as it had problems with getting water yesterday and we found it full with water today) on top of the new water tank not working… But we have ideas and the water isn’t that much… We had worse times.

Not particularly pleased with my photos but I am even less pleased with my food cost. I should stop eating or something - it was merely my first thought after some calculation, I know it’s unrealistic and a bad idea and obviously won’t do that. But inflation did things much worse than they were. And they weren’t so good to begin with.

I actually fancy some more meat so maybe I add a little… Just a bite! And I go for OMAD in the future, it will take some effort, I like to have lunch but I usually don’t strictly need it.
Now I am around 130g protein and maybe 1700 kcal. It should be enough but it’s trickier with multiple meals, they are just too small to last for long. This is the least amount of food I feel okay with but I better use much meat with the right fattiness.

But I wanted to bring photos and my end(?) result for today, not writing a lot again. I had a tiny dinner. Today I ate about 760g pork (mostly normal but there was a bite of sausage in the end), a yolk, some dairy (mostly cream)… It was one of my meatiest and most enjoyable days this far. And easy. I just… Didn’t get bored of my food and didn’t even need egg or dairy for that. Pork chuck roast is that amazing (after some time, I wouldn’t enjoy it nearly this much ALL the time).

I keep forgetting the existence of my poor roses. IDK what the previous owners were thinking, most rose bushes are very hidden so if I don’t think of them and go there, I don’t even see them. They are pink, a color I don’t like but they are fragrant and pink is forgivable for a flower. Not ideal but forgivable.

Pine Hill and the road home (the smoke trees are pretty but challenging. most of my photos turn out meh):

(Linda ) #215

This is brilliant at explaining in easy to understand why I’m doing what I’m doing and why breaking up whole foods like eggs into egg whites and yolks separately doesn’t help us because by doing that we just turn it into sugar

What. I will watch this tomorrow but… WHAT. :flushed::scream:

Well I don’t care much, my body LOVES when I eat extreme low-carb and I doesn’t seem to have a problem as long as I don’t get bored… So I focus on keeping my carbs super low, it’s ridiculously easy right now…

I just checked the supermarket papers online (way quicker and less stressful when I ONLY look at the basic things*), it seems nothing important shot up like crazy… I have found a wonderful pork chuck sale and much more. And trout for barely more than the pretty tasteless hake fish? And duck… And Halloween things :smiley: Yay!

*I finally lost my stupid curiosity. Just because I don’t eat the vast majority of the food stuff in the supermarket, I may get curious and tempted sometimes. Even if it’s mild and I persuade myself easily not to even entertain the idea for a whole minute, I check it out and wonder a bit - and now I don’t seem to have that. Good.

(I ate a little bit of fried pork in the end so I am properly satiated and satisfied now. My macros are great even if I don’t know them accurately.)

(Michael) #217

Breakfast today. A first for me with pig tails, especially as I have never eaten large (well not small) bones before. Ate everything on my plate with sardines and cheese afterwards. Lot of calcium today.

(Megan) #218

Super interesting if he’s correct and/or it’s not too oversimplified. Would go some way towards explaining increasing blood glucose levels and some of the weight gain in people eating ad lib carnivore. Another piece of the puzzle.

My favourite Sten Ekberg quote is “Congratulations! You have disappeared.”

NY Strip steak and thinking along with it shrimp. surf and turf
second meal will be a combo of some leftover chick wings that I HAVE to eat up cause now I am again not a big fan but did enjoy, and just making a cheeseburger size I need for the day to be eaten and done.
Super simple. Eat what I need, don’t look back :slight_smile: One of the perks if one falls into this plan and works it to ‘become that carnivore’ that enjoys the plan thouroughly is we know we can rely on ol’ standbys til we must have a little something different in our food choices.,but so easy in a simple honest eating truth, well it is that way to me now :sunny:

put new great info from Dr Stock…who is DDS! on teeth and more. wonderful vid to see, shorty but he knows this stuff so wonderful for us carnivores cause he is a carnivore and great info. Check out ZC info video post. A few of us chatted ‘teeth’ so great info on it for us.

In the end I ate 1.9 pounds of meat yesterday (only my two overeating pork shoulder-y day was meatier. this time I didn’t eat too much at all, even my protein wasn’t crazy high as I barely ate anything else)… But it’s good I ate some of my leaner pork when I enjoyed it, today I find it boring and I wasn’t hungry much anyway so I had a small lunch and eggs were more in focus than lately, to put it lightly.

Gloomy weather today and I stepped wrong during my run and now my right ankle is aching. No big deal, no pain when I don’t walk but it’s painful to run so I don’t run.
I almost never run, I finally started and then this, not fair… But hopefully it will be over tomorrow :slight_smile:

Poor Alvaro keeps trying to get fowl meat for me (well, us but he handles no fowl meat and even no meat for a longer time pretty well while I don’t) but it’s not so simple. We can’t just buy whatever we want (like ‘turkey or some nice chicken leg’, you would think it’s nothing special… but it apparently is) in a tiny town or in a village. Last time they run out of turkey, now they had goose wings but Alvaro looked at them and saw too much skin and fat… But I found duck sale in proper supermarkets so we will try to buy that tomorrow. I haven’t eaten duck since long and it was ONE time in the last… 30 years? I think I prefer turkey but I like variety…
Alvaro was enthusiastic about the trout barely above hake fish price so we probably will buy some. It’s a big town, not a super busy city center, hopefully they won’t run out of it… But one can never know, sometimes they barely get a few of some very tempting item on sale.
Whatever, we will buy some nice meat for sure.
This leaner pork of mine has unusually much inedible parts now (still little but it usually has none) but as it makes the cats happy and it’s not too much, I am fine with that. But it’s very inferior compared to my the chuck I ate before…

I still didn’t show my new pansies, right? This is one of them, they are the same color wise:

I wonder about some non-carnivore experiments but I probably won’t be in the mood any time soon (and I am still quite serious about November, it looks so perfect for having my longest carnivore streak yet), only necessity can bring them on (like not liking my meat and eggs, I don’t have much choice then. if I am very determined, I usually can find some nice meat though, I still have smoked pork hock in the freezer but I start to get bored of most processed meat and I have problems with leaner pork too, apparently. pork chuck is the good stuff, I buy some tomorrow!). I strongly prefer my carni days when I like my meat, without that there is some kind of trouble, not a big one but something isn’t fully right there, usually.
I think I will pair fatty meat with leaner meat all the time in the future. Pork chuck is the golden middle way but I think I can use it as the fatty one too. I used sausage as the fatty one but I had enough, I need some proper meat for the fatty part too. Pork shoulder should do, there are always some nice sales involving it :wink: I just shouldn’t use it alone or maybe on OMAD only. My stupid high protein need, I need to do things right to get enough protein before my fat goes unnecessarily high but I need my calories too so I can’t depend too much on some too lean meat either. That’s one reason why I like pork chuck, it’s just perfect for me.

I need to survive visiting 4 supermarkets tomorrow and then I will have some lovely supplies. Chicken, duck, a nice fish and pork! And some dairy, I don’t have anything left but butter and cheese, not the most useful ones for me. We will get 90+ eggs too, Alvaro only brought 30 today. But I stopped missing eggs in late evening when I don’t eat them (or barely) during the day so if I will be fine with mostly meat, I will have almost zero egg days again :slight_smile: