Carnivore New Challenge starting for new year....and

(Robin) #14

First, those last pesky pounds are nothing to sweat. Very normal to lose the majority of the weight an then slow way down to a crawl.

Not sure if you have a truly addictive personality or notā€¦ a surprising number of folks on here are ex-addicts of alcohol or drugs, or serious eating disorders.

Many people can snack their way though the day and have little cheat meals here and thereā€¦. and stay on course. Some of us need real firm boundaries.

But if you ever have conquered any real addiction, you may need to bring the same mindset to this. You know the meaning of zero tolerance. Set you eating window and stick with it, no exceptionsā€¦ until you feel under control and are making choices instead of following urges.

Either way, you got this!

I want to know what you know :wink:
I want a listā€¦ :crazy_face:

and if I am on it thenā€¦ :skull_and_crossbones: :clown_face:

(Liz ) #16

Yes thank you! I have an addictive personality. Sugar/carbs was the most harmful. Iā€™m grateful to be free of the damage that did. Glad I donā€™t struggle with drinking and/or drugs. But I have other addictive behaviors that affect my quality of life and I see them as all of a piece. And yes I agree cold turkey is the way. And Iā€™ve no lack of willpower or determination, but my life is very sad and stressful so I find I am reluctant to give up the soothing yet destructive behaviors. I first have to want to quit. Then Iā€™ll get somewhere. Meanwhile carnivore is keeping me healthy, thank goodness!! I see a lot of people in my situation (full time caregiver for elderly mother) slide into lifestyle diseases and itā€™s heartbreaking. I feel very lucky. Excited to have this January challenge to look forward to!

(Robin) #17

Nooooo! Not the clown!

(Robin) #18

Bless your heart. This forum can become a life line for you and help you emotionally as well as keto support. Glad you found us.

(Liz ) #19

Thank you! I was pretty active in the forum years ago, for Keto. Came back for zero carb camaraderie :blush:

YEA! and it is the Clown from IT!

Pennywise might show up! :woozy_face:

Nice to ā€˜seeā€™ you - Iā€™ve read plenty of your posts when Iā€™ve been reading the archives. :grinning:

(Robin) #22

OOOOMG! Girl! You look fabulous. Love the photos! I wish I had before pics. But I ditched all proof! I was at 218 and now 158. Exactly 60 down. In 17 months. First 4o went fast, then the last 20 have been way slowā€¦ but thatā€™s A-OK.

(Liz ) #23

Thank you! Thatā€™s lovely to hear :blush:

(Liz ) #24

Thank you! I got some nice body recomp with carnivore but no further movement on the scale. Iā€™ve been as low as 158 (Iā€™m about 5ā€™7 1/2ā€) but now hover around 162. I prefer to be a little leaner but I wouldnā€™t consider it ā€œthe last five poundsā€. I could stay here or lose 15 more, itā€™s all up in the air.

Your achievement is fantastic! Congratulations!! I hear you on no photographic evidence. I wish I had weighed myself at my heaviest, but I was too upset to know the truth. I assume I was 260 but I might have been bigger! Anyway, I was beautiful large and Iā€™m lovely slender, Iā€™m just so much more comfortable and thatā€™s what I really care about.

(Robin) #25

MANY years ago, I got up to 250. I lost a lot of weight doing Atkinsā€¦down to 175. It lasted for a good long while but I eventually fell off then yo-youā€™d up and down for years. Stupid. But it is what it is. Keto has removed any cravings for me. Itā€™s been 17 months and Iā€™m just on cruise control now. THAT is a first for me. Iā€™m probably the same height as you. And Iā€™m 67. We are BOTH doing great. If we feel good emotionally and physically and we are strongā€¦ itā€™s all good. We got this!

(Sammy J Shuford) #26

Is this also a accountability thread?

(Robin) #27

In my mind, they are all accountability threads, if thatā€™s how we roll. Every time I share, itā€™s part of my staying accountable and reinforcing my healthy habits.

(Marianne) #28

Count me in!!! I would like to lose ten more lbs., however, I seem to be holding steady where I am. I wasnā€™t sure how to do it but your idea about eating lean protein 2-3x/wk. makes sense to me. Unfortunately, I detest most seafood, although I could make some scampi and enjoy it. Would also enjoy scallops, but you have to take out a loan to buy them, so not doing that. Seems like eggs are a leaner option, too.

Iā€™m excited!

(Marianne) #29

:hugs:

(Marianne) #30

Truth, girlll. What a deliverance.

Ainā€™t that the truth! My beloved snow crab legs are off my plate also. Price jumped so high :frowning:

Once thru these holidays and new year I am going after my few lbs, be it slowly tho :slight_smile: but darn I am getting them gone LOL and you will too!

(Marianne) #32

I saw there is an online place that ships King Crab legs. They are humongous, although they are (at least last year), $70/lb. with a three lb. minimum (!). :pleading_face: I think shipping is ā€œfree.ā€ :laughing:

Girl ā€” can ya give me a loan?

3 lbs minus the shell weight? I am still starving, so if I can get a loan from ya, get 3 orders shipped to me please :smirk:

pay ya back when I can :star_struck:

I was ALL over shipping crab to my house and believe me I was ā€˜shell shockedā€™ and I mean that in the SHELL dept of the darn thing I was trying to buy ā€¦ heehee