Carnivore by accident!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #1

The last 3+ weeks I decided to only eat when I’m hungry and only eat what my body was craving. I’ve ate a ton of salt. But have found that vegetables and greens have not been on my mind. I’ve ate a tone of really good meats and fats. And usually only OMAD. This past week I’ve been thinking of adding beef liver and even beef heart? Can anyone offer any insight on this?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

@Brenda makes beef heart

Peruvian Antichuchos: Beef Heart

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #3

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #4

What’s offal?

(Rob) #6

@Buttercups OFFAL - Animal organ meat - liver, kidney, heart, tripe (stomach lining), sweetbreads (glands) etc. - sounds terrible but many are incredible when cooked right! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks @Capnbob I love liver but never make it at home. Plus usually eat the breaded variety. Sauteed can be delish though. I’d love to learn some recipies. I am a huge fan of bone marrow and anything to do with it.

(TJ Borden) #8

I’ve been leaning the same direction. I was eating a lot of veggies (generally as fat delivery vessels), but as I’ve progressed, I’ve only really wanted meat and eggs, with cheese, and occasionally a fathead pizza.

I picked up a couple packages of frozen sliced beef liver and I’m still trying to figure out what to do with it. I haven’t tried beef heart yet. I’ve had chicken hearts at the Brazilian steakhouse and they are delicious.

I’ll be curious to watch the thread and see what tips you get.

(Rob) #9

I have done the same thing this week - bacon, eggs, cheese, buffalo sauce. Although it has only reduced my net carbs by 10-20g per day and I still do about 10-15g net it has shaken my body into a whoosh… 5lbs in 6 days. Not sure how long it will go on for but loving it so far.

I will eat the veggies in the fridge before the go bad (I like veggies) but loving the ‘ZC’ so far.

(Chris) #10

Accident, haha. Born this way!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

That’s my favorite recipe!

(Jennifer Patterson) #12

Just tried to eat liver - didn’t like it (funky texture too much!)! Didn’t want to waste it so blended it with butter and made pate! Nom nom!

(Troy) #13

Beef Liver😬

Well, timely at least
This video was just posted a day or so ago

Good Luck!