Can't get through Day 1!

(GINA ) #13

Have plenty of low carb things you like around. Don’t try to skip meals yet.

I was used to having something sweet after just about every meal and it helped me not to fight it, just switch the sweet to some thing like sugar free Jello. It isn’t the greatest thing, but it gets me over the hump.

(Pete A) #14

It’s been said: don’t skip breakfast!

(Lisa marie t) #15

I would kill to be able to afford macadamia nuts I just can’t so I just get almonds or peanuts if I sold some paintings I’d do huge stock up on all kinda of nuts n cheese

(Stephen W) #16

My advise on this is don’t skip breakfast. Once you start in ketosis, you will automatically adjust your eating habits. For me, I forced breakfast at 1st and then did a light lunch. No sugars or enriched flour at all, ever. Now, 8 weeks in, I alternate breakfast and lunch, with plenty of keto snacks in between (which normally I only eat half (nuts, berries, cheese). Dinner is the big keto meal and a few almond butter balls for a desert. Body adjusted and now I have to force myself to eat much of the time, between breakfast and dinner.

(Kaz) #17

BPC? Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to get on board, with abbreviations😊

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #18

Bullet Proof Coffee :slight_smile:

This should help - WIKI: Acronyms

(Kaz) #19

Thank you. Now all l have to do is learn to love coffee😊

(Natasha) #20

My advice… Don’t try to skip meals to begin with! Drink your coffee, eat some bacon and eggs (or something similar), have lunch, have dinner, drink lots of water, eat enough salt! Have 3 satisfying meals a day… breakfast, lunch and dinner, try not to snack, drink coffee with double cream. After a while you (will be fat adapted and) really will stop feeling so hungry and you will be able to drop meals easily! Good luck, you can do this!

It doesn’t have to be coffee! I do green tea. It’s not “bulletproof” though. It’s matcha tea with heavy whipping cream and a teaspoon of coconut oil for flavor. I will do it with black tea every so often too. I make a container of cream for my tea when needed where I add vanilla to the HWC, the vanilla adds more sweetness without the sweetener. But if you want to do It bulletproof though, you can

Also I carried around a full jar of macadamia nuts and brought cheese sticks with me to work every morning to have other options. Room temp cheese is the best way to eat cheese lol.

(Marianne) #22

I’ve only been on this two weeks, but if you are going to skip breakfast, I’d at least have a bulletproof coffee. I thought the sound of it was disgusting but loved it at first taste, and it holds me all morning if I eat nothing else. I agree that your few few days in, I would eat breakfast. My suggestion is to have a BPC, two eggs in butter and some bacon. I really feel that if you have that, you won’t need a snack and will be able to make it to lunch comfortably. I think it’s important to meet your protein and fat macros. If you read a lot of these posts, keto doesn’t have many of the restrictions of other “diets.” (just feels wrong to call keto a diet) Your body wants to be fed with the right stuff, not deprived.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #23

I’m still at three meals a day at 11 months. Sometimes two. I’m still hungry! No, starving at times.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #24

Me too Regina.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #25

Why are we so different? Forum people say the stomach emptying thing is no big deal. My stomach gurgles for hours. It gurgles, I get gas, I need to eat. My stomach is constantly demanding food.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #26

Even now, my stomach would love a touch-up!

(Christy) #27

Pack a keto friendly lunch. Boil some eggs, mix up some guac, take a salad, pre cook some bacon … you have to plan ahead.

(Sandy) #28

I started keto for a month now, but I can tell you it was really hard for me to skip carbs and sugar in the beginning! I am Asian and you know Asian food is all about carbs, sugar… and more carbs and sugar! It was so tough I cannot have dinner or “dim sum” with my family and friends :pleading_face: (My family didn’t even agree for me to go on keto because they don’t think I’m fat, but I am - to Asian standard)

I would say the key to force yourself to skip carbs is to keep imagining that day you reach your goal! And if you did it for day 1, on day 2 tell yourself if you eat carbs today, your 1st day would go on wasted! Then keep on that thought of “All the days I did cannot go wasted”, it works for me.

(Sandy) #29

Btw, do not ever skip breakfast, I rather you skipping a dinner but not breakfast.

(Scott) #30

peanuts are not good for you. Eat only tree based nuts.

(Linda) #32

What is the problem with peanuts?

(Alec) #33

@julie2, it’s been a long while since you posted your initial struggles. How are you going now? Are you keto? I note you last visited the boards a couple of weeks ago. Yes, BB is watching you!! :joy: